• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cricket World Cup 03 (2 Viewers)

Rahul

Dead Member
i agree wid monster...yuvraj over laxman anyday in ODI.

convincing win 4 india....183 runs! not bad

and oh yeh.....GO KIWI's

SoFTuaRiaL

how mad was that win last nite ! gooo india (n kenya)! wish they beat zimbabwe ....... an india-kenya semifinal would definitely be mouth-watering :rolleyes: atleast for the iindians ........

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
couldnt believe nz lost, what a spell by bond then by lee.

SoFTuaRiaL

so true .... but the OZs played heaps good. if there's one team that can win after being 84/7, its australia !!
HOWEVER , they'll eventually lose to india in the finals. :p :p

AcCeSs-DeNieD

The Indian team theoretically would have a better batting lineup than Australia, IF they would all play well together at the same time... which is their main problem... inconsistency.... They have 2 Tendulkars (Sehwag), Ganguly (who is a GREAT player of spinners), Dravid (once again... stability), Yuvraj (a great striker of the ball) and of course the Turbanator ;)

As far as replacing Yuvraj with Laxman...... no way. But replacing Mongia with Laxman.... YES!! Considering how Laxman seems to play against Australia he'd be a great asset in my envisoned India v Australia finals... Plus he'd be able to provide stability to a fragile middle order...

India's main hope to defeat Australia would definately rely on them being able to win the toss and bat first .... perferablely on a slower pitch..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
actually i got the names mixed up. meant to say replace mongia...i havnt seen him do much this world cup. i figure that india has enough dynamite bastmen as it is and bringing in someone solid like laxman could be valuable. just as long as he scores quicker than dravid lol.

anyway it was good to see cairns hit 2 fours and a six off macgrath, he wasnt happy lol. but he got out cheaply which was dissapointing. india vs nz on fri should be a cracker. hopefully the pitch is better.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
you just answered your own question heh. moving along..

SoFTuaRiaL

zimbabwe bundled out for 133 . Lmao !!
hope kenya wins. india vs kenya semi !!
GOOOOOOOO KENYA !!
all u kenyans out there ..... be proud :lol:

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Da Monstar
HOWEVER , they'll eventually lose to india in the finals. :p :p
i can see it already:
my prediction of the final; aussies bat first, score 260-290. india chase it and win by 3-6 wickets with 5 or less overs remaining. tendulkar scores 80-ish. sehwag 30-ish. ganguly 40-ish. dravid a 50, and some slogging by the likes of yuvraj and turbanotor.....ideal scenario!!!!:D

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Rahul

i can see it already:
my prediction of the final; aussies bat first, score 260-290. india chase it and win by 3-6 wickets with 5 or less overs remaining. tendulkar scores 80-ish. sehwag 30-ish. ganguly 40-ish. dravid a 50, and some slogging by the likes of yuvraj and turbanotor.....ideal scenario!!!!:D
do i scent match-fixing here? lets see how far ure "predictions" r right ........ hehe

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Da Monstar

do i scent match-fixing here? lets see how far ure "predictions" r right ........ hehe
.....ummm.,.,...no comments.....

PS- anyone wants to make any "monetory arrangements" concerning the match, send me an email;) :D

Rahul

Dead Member
watch out for kenya ppl's.....looks lyk they might beat zimbabwe.

who thought that the african team to make the semi wuld be.....south africa? NO......Zimbabwe? NO.....KENYA....good on 'em

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
this is top stuff seeing kenya perform well at the world cup. zimbabwe is just well, shit. a tight couple of days coming up with nz who must win and with sri lanka who must win but also need nz tto lose. friday night should be good!

Last edited:

SoFTuaRiaL

i dont think sri lanka should have a prob facing zim, its the ind vs nz match thats important ..... *sigh* india's now in a strong position. if u dint notice, they have it in their hands to decide who faces australia in the semi? if india play around with the standings, whom do u guys think they would want aus to face?
personally, i think india'd try beat nz and make it an aus vs sri lanka semi, cos only jayasuriya is capable of taking it to the aussies IF he's fit. i mean, india'd rather face sl or nz in the finals than oz

edit : provided india defeats kenya in the other semi ....... :rolleyes:

AcCeSs-DeNieD

hahah I SERIOUSLY reckon india will win this WC =) ..... ya see Rahul has got the idea!!

for australia.... all good things come to an end..... which will be in the Finals VS INDIA

=)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
another shocker for the kiwis, good bowling by the indians. now they need zimbabwe to upset sri lanka to get into the semis.

SoFTuaRiaL

australia vs sri lanka
india vs kenya
hmm ......... interesting ........ any comments on how its gonna go from here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)