• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cricket World Cup 03 (1 Viewer)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Can someone post the 2 groups and who'se in them.
In regard to who'se going to win, probably either Ozzie or South Africa. I think these two will at least make the semis and the other 2 in the will be the Kiwis and I seriesly think that Sri Lanka will go really well.
But with all the cotroversy about the Zimbabwe and all, I don't know what's going to happen. What really shits me is that England/Australia/NZ are all like "oh no we can't play in Zimbabwe, because they aren't very nice people" If they are of that opinion they can't kepp pussy-footing around and muct say that either their game gets moved or they don't play it. It's as simple as that!

Rahul

Dead Member
GROUPS

Pool A

1 Australia
2 England
3 Pakistan
4 India
5 Zimbabwe
6 Namibia
7 Netherlands

Pool B

1 South Africa
2 Sri Lanka
3 West Indies
4 New Zealand
5 Kenya East
6 Bangladesh
7 Canada

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
heavyweights of cricket

Well actually now that I see the groups, it should be quite obvious to everyone that the final will most definately be between Canada and Holland. Both of these are playing great at the monet, and history is of course on their sides. It will be a great final with Canada probably winning by 4 runs.......hang on sec this is the CRICKET world cup.......oh well wrong sport.....but imagine how funny it would be if that was the final.......

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol. this years world cup is really wide open i think. australia and sth africa are up there, pakistan and india have a chance if they play consistantly. however i think the outsiders this year might be new zealand. they have played some good cricket last year and this year when they thrashed india in both tests and odi series.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Sth Africa....LOST to the Windies....hahahah
I think Australia will win, unless they crumble suddenly, like with certain VB series games this year.

Rahul

Dead Member
HAHAHHAHAH @ South Africa.....jeez i thought they would have smashed the west indians. how good was the match tho. but i only watched the start, which was so :eek:boring!!:eek:.

cant wait 4 sum other matches

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
windies played mad, i thoight they were short a genuine bowler but they still came in with the goods.

Rahul

Dead Member
wat about klusener, he kills them in the world cup always.

i couldn't believe that guy stepped on the rope....hahahahha......dumbass

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah he hit those sixes with no effort! he should of crossed though cause i reckon boje could of won it for them.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Well australia had a good win last night, a good start to their defence of the world cup. I think they can win this!!!

But really does anyone really expect Holland or Canada to win!!!

and too bad for shane warne. . .drugs :eek:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah too bad for shane :(

i reckon australia's gonna win for sure.. with or without shane

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
india struggled bad, only scored 208 or something against a country who doesnt even play cricket. the players had to pay for their own expenses to get to the world cup! at the end of the day it was indias bowlers who saved them.

Rahul

Dead Member
that was a shocking match....i had given them half a chance but now.....i would b surprised if they make 150 against the aussies on saturday.

Rahul

Dead Member
aussies vs india....c'mon the indians.......*they r gunna get smashed*:( .......hope not!!

cant believe that nz beat west indies!!!!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
aussies vs india....c'mon the indians.......*they r gunna get smashed*:( .......hope not!!

cant believe that nz beat west indies!!!!
don't count on the indians beating the aussies, they only made 200 against a very weak dutch team. They got no chance. Tendulkar is not batting that well atm.

As for who will win the tournament I'm gunning for the aussies, I can't see anyone beating them, they seem too strong atm, especially with Symonds performing so well.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by Ultimate

As for who will win the tournament I'm gunning for the aussies, I can't see anyone beating them, they seem too strong atm, especially with Symonds performing so well.
im so happy 4 symonds! :D esp. after all the crap he got 4 not living up 2 expectations at the ODI at home

btw u can't really rule the indians out, even if they didn't perform so well against the dutch...if tendulkar bats well, it could be a totally diff. story in future games

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by schwang_thang

im so happy 4 symonds! :D esp. after all the crap he got 4 not living up 2 expectations at the ODI at home

btw u can't really rule the indians out, even if they didn't perform so well against the dutch...if tendulkar bats well, it could be a totally diff. story in future games
Yeah I felt really happy for Symonds, I watched his whole innings, and when he walked in I only expected him to get 10 runs and be out, and then I suddenly realised he was there for 2 hours and longer.

He's a really good batsmen once he gets going, even better than Gilchrist or Hayden I reckon, as he puts a lot of power into his shots.

I know you can't rule the indians out, but I just can't see them winning, I would say pakistan are better than them. And for south africa I think they are under too much pressure and won't perform.

The kiwis could be a bit of a threat I reckon to the aussies, they always seem to do well against them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)