I can't believe i didn't read rest of the question

"celebrates the way relationships contribute to a sense of belonging"

could this also mean not belonging,,?
i wrote a story where a girl experiences not belonging through relationship

am i fucked?

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I think I did something similar...I talked about the relationships between a homeless man and the strangers around him as well as his family (who perished in a car accident) and then with the lady at the homeless shelter. Not sure I addressed the stimulus correctly...perhaps they'll interpret mine as too subtle.

shaon0

HSC
I think I did something similar...I talked about the relationships between a homeless man and the strangers around him as well as his family (who perished in a car accident) and then with the lady at the homeless shelter. Not sure I addressed the stimulus correctly...perhaps they'll interpret mine as too subtle.
My story was also about not belonging and alienation but i'm not too sure if it'll mark well because it seems out of the norm.

carlytse621

HSC
My story is a speech about a guy who is disable (can't walk)
he awarded for his achievement in his basketball career
then he talks about his past
blablabl
at the end I said he is so happy about the award because he feels he is no difference to ordinary people
thanks people awarding him this award because it recognise him, and confirm his existence
is that celebrating + relationship :S

I swear i didn't read the question and i am so scare now, is that celebrating relationship???

untouchablecuz

HSC
my one was about a kid with aspergers, father force feeds him meds, psych always asks if meds are helping, but his mum always accepts him

towards the end hes very confused and alone and the only person that accepts him for who he is is his mum

wat do you guys reckon

shaon0

HSC
Hopefully the "celebrating" element to the questions isn't percieved as important to the markers.

Eddykungfu

HSC
I wrote like 3 sentences on mine.

"I met this girl who said she would be my friend"
"HOORAY ITS THE RELATIONSHIP PARTY CELEBRATION WOOOOOOO"

ixswans

HSC
Basically, in mine the plot was about it - even though some people are your family you don't necessarily relate to them and feel left out, whereas you can meet a perfect stranger and connect and grow.

I made everything so that it will be IN YOUR FACE for an english teacher, although I basically just tweaked my extension 1 creative slightly *giggle*

To answer your Q though, I think you can critique it. There is always room for personal interpretation within a text, and you won't ever be marked down for having a certain opinion.

Celebration does have positive connotations, but w/e, you can't be wrong in something so uniquely your own as a creative piece :)

Last edited:
HSC
well really i wrote a story on the first stimulus about an exchange student who is rejected in her new community, so my story is also about not belonging. It celebrates relationships through belonging to a teddy bear from home. But not belonging is part of belonging and reflects the need for relationships

fayad158

Banned
HSC
I can't believe i didn't read rest of the question

i wrote a story where a girl experiences not belonging through relationship

am i fucked?
I reckon your story relates more to the first sentence rather then the one you have mentioned...

LordPc

HSC
my creative is for 3 year olds. FML
since this result has come about entirely by decisions that you have made in the last 12 months, i cannot see how you can end with "FML"

perhaps FWHIBDAY (f*** What Have I Been Doing All Year) would be more appropriate

Last edited:

Nelson.

HSC
forgot to mention its for very intelligent 3 year olds :) and yes FWHIBDAY, oh i was having fun :D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Yes. A sense of belonging includes both.

BTW, were we really suppose to take 'celebrate' literally?
No. Celebration can manifest itself in different ways.

yelacsap

HSC
OMG. so in that part, we are supposed to create a STORY? i did something like an ESSAY.. but it was related to the quote "when we accept others by who they are.....blah blah......existence" ..
so...???
and my classmate, i dont know wha happened to her but she wrote all her answers on 1 ANSWER BOOKLET ONLY.. so, do u guys think the questions 2 and 3 of her answer will still be marked???

yelacsap

HSC
Oh man, what happened with your friend is really bad. Don't they send the booklets off to different places for it to be marked?
uh-oh...i feel sad for her...she was like "hey, u wrote a lot, u keep on asking for writting booklets..." and when i told her that i asked for another 2 writting booklets coz we should write our answers on separate booklets,,, she's like "damn......"

abt that thing that they send the booklets to diff places....i think so..coz our NSW consultant explained that to us....

theundefined

HSC
lolol i didnt even notice the relationships bit until the end. rofl but im glad my story fit well, lucky :).

I wrote about a boy with gender identity disorder who wanted and believed he was a girl, but his father was a redneck "my boy aint homosexual" crap and beat him and his mum for arguing. Then it goes on about how his mother accepts him, and she pulls him out of the pain, to "grow" to accept who he is, and they escape from the father and drive away into the night with the moon in their golden hair; tribute to the dysfunctional thelma and louise buaha. Then i read the question and im like aw shit, lucky :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hopefully the "celebrating" element to the questions isn't percieved as important to the markers.
I reckon the 'celebrating' element will be quite an effective discriminator. Though, admittedly, 'celebration' manifests itself in a variety of different facets.

shaon0

HSC
I reckon the 'celebrating' element will be quite an effective discriminator. Though, admittedly, 'celebration' manifests itself in a variety of different facets.
The thing with english is that certain aspects like "celebrating" can be interpreted uniquely by different people.

joshau-k

HSC
I don't think the positive connotations of 'celebrate' are what's important. Celebrate in this context I think would mean 'to make known', this can be done by showing the effects of the lack relationships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)