Creative Writing - Belonging (1 Viewer)

meeatu

HSC
As my English teacher said 100 + times, AVOID TEENAGE ISSUES. Including but not limited to: angst, teen pregnancy, partying, peer issues.
Unless you can do it in an entirely original way, it is NOT a good idea to centre on adolescent problems. It's called "creative" writing for a reason, so my suggestion would be to look at an issue/theme that does not pertain to teenagers, although choosing a subject matter you are somewhat familiar with can help.
Elements of your idea are very good, however - especially the idea of assessing a person from multiple perspectives. If you could make it in relation to a more unique subject matter, however, that would certainly be advisable.
Are there any hobbies/groups/concepts that you know of, from which you could create a story?
Thanks for the tip.
I was planning on making the actuall partying etc a very small part of the story, it's more about the assumptions people make upon her as she walks home, looking like shit, and how she can overcome those and find a sense of herself through the enjoyment she got from the very things that the rest of the world is assuming of her and attatching negative connotations to. Ie: How she got that way is not the point. only the means through which she analyses herself and throws away societies views on who she should be.

But I certainly see what you mean...
If I can come up with a better way to express that same idea, or just a better setting for it to occur, I certainly shall, thanks for the advice :]

*possitive reps you :p*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)