Cram/Consistency? which is better (1 Viewer)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Kujah said:
With an Excel revise in a Month guide ;)
Haha, I hate those "in a month" guides. It's wayyy too structured for my liking...like, "spend 17 minutes and 34 seconds on THIS! Then proceed to the next question where you'll spend a further 13 minutes and 55 seconds".

Kujah

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
Haha, I hate those "in a month" guides. It's wayyy too structured for my liking...like, "spend 17 minutes and 34 seconds on THIS! Then proceed to the next question where you'll spend a further 13 minutes and 55 seconds".
yeah same. they rush everything through, give crap schedules, and are only basic summaries of the topic

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
When you have the time to be consistent, of course that's better than cramming :eek:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Kujah said:
yeah same. they rush everything through, give crap schedules, and are only basic summaries of the topic
I'd take it you're rooting for "consistency" ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
I'd take it you're rooting for "consistency" ;)
You're right, but a little of cramming isnt that bad ;) I've done it throughout my life

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
hi i havent exactly gone thru the thread but i'll let u know what i think...

cramming: bad habit! but i hate to admit it does work out for me...Its very risky though especially if the school SUDDENLY changes your chem exam from friday next week (which you were planning to start studying for after ur bio exam on thursday nite) to MONDAY!!! :eek: <(the face of a crammer)
OR if something totally unexpected happens (u get the flu and can't get out of bed)

Consistency: Much better, shows your organised and dedicated. If u get sick or something unexpected happens u won't be affected becuz u've been GRADUALLY studying the whole time. :) < (a consistent student)
A tip for consistency: if u memorised say section one of the module a couple of weeks ago : MAKE sure u go back!
whats really good about it is that in the final days before the exam ur relaxed and just going over (not biting ur nails and trying to relearn everything)

I'd like to develop consistency myself!

hope that helps and good luck

Miss-K-Lee-2007

HSC
bos1234 said:
consistency man..
no WAY cramming

unless u do subjects like biology where u can memorise the day b4

maths physics chem lets c u try and cram.. u'll b stuffed uncless ur brain can absorb information fast (super speed)
I agree... however what I do is read over what we did that day and i write summaries as i go as soon as i learn something i feel is important i write it on my summary page! then by the time exams come around my study notes are all done!

I also do alot of the questions in the study guides eg excel

hope it helps!

IceOnFire

HSC
The thing is you want to be consistent through reviewing and studing throughout the year, but once the assessments come in, you just don't have the time anymore.

Then the trials are suddenly here, and you are screwed.

Hahaha let's hope that doesn't happen.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
so what type of studying is 3-5 weeks b4 exams? where the notes are prepared for example notes from BOS..what category does that fall in to? i do my homework everyday and briefly look over the days work....but no thorough studying and revising until 3-5 weeks b4 exams...in those weeks creating and finding notes are not included its just 3-5 weeks of pure revising and practice.

jaaaaay

HSC
i TRY to be consistent... then end up cramming anyway... =.=

lol...

but consistency is obviously the better option - the knowledge you've learnt will actually stay there... xD

andykillz

HSC
I don't know if i should do this or not. During the times of the term such as the beginning, should i have like 1 sleepless night a week to just do some extra study? I can probably make it up over Saturday and Sunday?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hmm no there would be no need for that. Instead you should organise you time more wisely so that you can fit homework, assignments, study and free time all within the week which is very possible.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
andykillz said:
I don't know if i should do this or not. During the times of the term such as the beginning, should i have like 1 sleepless night a week to just do some extra study? I can probably make it up over Saturday and Sunday?
That sleepless night will probably screw up your sleep pattern, IMO bad strategy but hey if it works do it :confused: :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
:eek:

noooooo....!

i thought sleepless nights once in a while wud be okay too
but in the holidays i've gotten so used to normal sleep so that one sleepless night screwd me up for the next few days.

disturbs your sleep pattern - unless that is your sleep pattern, then i'd not recommend you try it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)