• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cram/Consistency? which is better (1 Viewer)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Cramming is like eating a Mars Bar when you're hungry, it's not very filling but provides you with lots of energy, but since Mars Bars are high GI, it fades pretty quickly.

Consistency would be like eating healthy food, and it'll provide slow release energy. :)

So cramming is the quick way, but it's not as good as REAL food.

:\
lolz, good analogy PrettyVacant!! :D

PrettyVacant

HSC
"Cramming is to study what eating a Mars Bar is to nutrition. It gives you an immediate injection of energy (or in this case, knowledge) but it passes quickly. Unless you have a proper diet in the long term, you are going to end up under-nourished."

Yeah, okay, that's where I stole it from. :\

jdcb4

HSC
Nothing like realising at !0pm that you have an exam the next day that you haven't studied for. 11 Cups of coffe later after 2 hours sleep you sit the exam. Recipe for good marks.

Cramming works for me, for some people it doesn't work. I'm one of those people who can read a chapter of the textbook the night before go in and still nail the exam. But for most people its probably better to revise notes every night and build up cvonsistently, plus of couyrse a lot of study just before the exam.

haque

HSC
cram for everything except maths-the tech way

Legham

HSC
Cramming does make a pretty damn good difference! I usually just go through whatevers in my folder in a free period before the test.. I haven't tried the preparing notes and studying for days or even weeks before an exam method before.. And obviously not the consistent method :p
but yeah, going over your work usually saves the day for at least a few marks in tests for me!

vizman

HSC
contrary to most people's beliefs, cramming is actually pretty damn effective, well for me at least :)

bos1234

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
"Cramming is to study what eating a Mars Bar is to nutrition. It gives you an immediate injection of energy (or in this case, knowledge) but it passes quickly. Unless you have a proper diet in the long term, you are going to end up under-nourished."

Yeah, okay, that's where I stole it from. :\
u alwayss try and change the topic to food :p :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
bos1234 said:
u alwayss try and change the topic to food :p :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Now what's wrong with food! Cramming is a lot easier when ur on a sugar high...mmm chocolate *drools*

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hmm cramming for me means study 3 days before the exam and that is the only way i learn~ faint!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
does studying 3-4 weeks b4 an exam or half-yearlies in full throttle...still considered as cramming? by the way this does not include writing up notes or obtaining notes, but rather i have the notes...just a matter of revising them

but seriously...what is wrong with cramming notes that you didn't write (prepared summary notes)....like the mars bar theory someone mentioned b4...it's great b4 exams but in the long run it's not so great...but i'm willing to try and take things moderately easy until the exams come...i step it up...fair enough i did not put as much effort as the 'consistent people' in that you apply yourselves daily... but that would mean i'd have to try just as hard as you guys in order to compensate those days taht i missed through cramming (in this case for me cramming is 3-4 weeks studying hard out).

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Though i do agree with the fact that you can't cram for maths...as you can see ...the subjects i do below, i basically cram for business studies and biology....not so sure about the other sciences or history and all...maybe this is why my study method works for me?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Under my definition that is not cramming 3-4 weeks before exams. Cramming to me is less then 3 days before exams.

But see this is exactly my point. Everyone has a different definition for cramming and everyone has a different method of cramming and so nobody can say how effective it is or isn't as it is completly dependant on the student.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Both are effective, depending on which way you learn. I find cramming a night or two before an exam really helps me because the information is fresh in your mind, just so long as I have already learnt and understood the work first.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I've been taking study notes since last term for the HSC, and will continue to do so for my 2nd modules, but havn't really been looking over them, and about week4/5 of this term I should be finished in making the study notes. Then for 4/5 weeks I shall be studying/cramming :) for my half yearlies.
Mmmm would this considered "cramming"? or is it bit of both with consistency in it?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Looks like I'll be living on Mars Bars for a while then :eek:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i guess its consistent in that you regularly take down notes...but as mentioned before...cramming itself has different meanings according to differnt people...so yeah...though,i see yours as a mix of both... ithink consistency also requires studying the notes substantially rather than just writing them down

but your way is pretty much the way i study except my notes are prepared from various resources

Legham

HSC
I thought cramming meant like the night before the exam at the earliest, without any notes!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Legham said:
I thought cramming meant like the night before the exam at the earliest, without any notes!
With an Excel revise in a Month guide ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)