Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you take a coronavirus vaccine if it was available to you, and if so which would you prefer?

• No

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Any vaccine

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 47 30.5%
  • Astra Zeneca

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Already vaccinated with AZ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Already vaccinated with Pfizer

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • Moderna

• Sputnik

• Janssen

• Novavax

• Total voters

notme123

HSC
It's brave new would in the sense its psychological (division and fear) and chemical (soma) warfare.
Actually, more so to speak, the fear part links to 1984 more. Fear is how you drive a population.
Ok look im not saying its literally 1984 with the ministry of love torture chambers under parliament house, I'm just pointing out some parallels of how to manipulate a human psyche.

I'm tempted to say the media is a weapon for fear (and I have reasons) but I feel like I'll get berated.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
My word, how soft people have got since Covid rolled around? Comparing our pandemic with fictional dystopias and glorifying life under the Taliban as a more desirable existence?
Some of y'all need to grow up in my book.

notme123

HSC
My word, how soft people have got since Covid rolled around? Comparing our pandemic with fictional dystopias and glorifying life under the Taliban as a more desirable existence?
Some of y'all need to grow up in my book.
Idk about the second part but it's funny how people saw taliban members on amusement park rides and spread it as a meme in an attempt to humanise them

notme123

HSC
imagine thinking that lockdowns would have ever happened in any other time prior to when social media was ubiquitous lmao
It wouldnt because information moved at a snails pace back then and was easily tainted by tabloids (not so different to todays era imo)

notme123

HSC
we're nearly out of lockdown until that 70% mark. I just pray they dont move the goal posts.

hellohowslife

HSC
this whole thing is a clusterfuck, no one is ever gonna know anything about it or what the 'right' thing to do was for years, possibly decades, anyone who says otherwise is hastily extrapolating and is full of shit

still not wearing a mask outside they can go and get fucked

i've been mask/covid karen'd 3 times in the past two weeks

once at a gas station i was walking past by this civil engineer with a nerd voice lol

once was a drive-by karening i screamed at them to go and get fucked

other time wasnt bc of mask wearing but bc i was out but obviously not exercising, guy came out of his home and said he'd get my licence plate and i told him to do it and walked off

just stand up to them and they crumble
???

enoilgam

HSC
Ive actually been thinking this might be the case, especially when you compare what is happening in Britain vs Israel. Britain, who have mostly used AZ, aren't seeing a rise in hospitalisations/deaths as opposed to the opposite in Israel who exclusively used Pfizer. That said, Britain were vaxxed after than Israel, so who knows. Wouldnt it be ironic though if AZ outperforms Pfizer over time.

Either way I think Australia is well positioned to deal with this, because our vaccine program occurred later, we have been able to see how other vaxxed nations have fared. Also, Australia has ordered Pfizer/Moderna boosters for next year and if AZ is more effective, we can make it here in Australia. So even if we need boosters at the 6 month mark, that is something we can easily pivot towards.

imagine thinking that lockdowns would have ever happened in any other time prior to when social media was ubiquitous lmao
Imagine if they occured 5+ years ago, the government would have been screwed because working from home/home schooling wouldn't have been as viable as it is now. The technology just wasnt there.

Last edited:

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
5 yrs ago i feel like there was some vestiges of society still not entirely under social media control but then again prob not

rewind to about 2010-2011 and most people still didnt have smart bone, still lots of fb holdouts, ig and twitter werent popular at all; no way would lockdowns have flew

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
5 yrs ago i feel like there was some vestiges of society still not entirely under social media control but then again prob not

rewind to about 2010-2011 and most people still didnt have smart bone, still lots of fb holdouts, ig and twitter werent popular at all; no way would lockdowns have flew
I actually think that if lockdowns occurred before the age of social media there would be a lot more compliance. Social media has made it much easier for alternative voices to channel through to other people, not the other way around.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
the internet was a wild west place 15 years ago with a lot of dissenting opinion, now it has been consolidated into like 3-4 big sites that control society and delete/ban everybody who disagrees

sites like this are rare and few

google censors its search and recommended results as a big example of this; try searching "michael jackson" just as an example, then put in "michael jackson pe" and watch the recommend results completely disappear

as though nobody is searching for the obvious completion of that phrase

social media encourages hardcore virtue signaling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)