Computer Skills SC (1 Viewer)

zoro88

HSC
i have to admit some of the content was different to pass papers. but if you use a computer reguarly frequently then you're garenteed 85%+. the other 15% is just to seperate results.

x-Manda-x

HSC
I thought it was an easy / fair exam. There were some tricky questions, like the ones about spreadsheets and the formulae, I had to pretty much make an educated guess on, but overall it was pretty easy. Everyone should do fine, not an extremely hard exam.

It was funny, I was the first group to sit the exam, and none of the logins would work. . .but then they fixed it up, so we had to do the exam anyways. Ohwell EXAMS ARE OVER! Yay!

annie93

HSC
agreed!!! why do they still test excel skills. no one uses excel.. except maybe in business but still!
this is nothing to do with anything but im doing the same subjects as you next year!
and totally agree with your latin emoticon haha

gunsforshow182

HSC
Ermm not quiet. The questions use a neutral GUI that would be familiar to people who use either the windows or mac operating system. The only question where it was clear that it was mac was where they used the weird symbol instead of Windows symbol.
and anyway, that question really didn't have anything to do with the weird symbol, just the dots after run and open file

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Probably the most difficult exam for me but still easy. Reckon I got over 85% and most probably greater than 90%.

angelarr

HSC
Did it this morning, and it was so tedious.
I swear I was going to fall asleep on my keyboard

Reptave

HSC
You do the test on a computer? I thought the test would be on paper...

And mine's on Friday, too. I need answers, people! =P

blonde_auspo

HSC
I found it ok
i think i mitve screwed up da database qstns
i did mine in da arvo session

silence--

HSC
I thought the QUESTIONS in the test was randomised (eg. I do question 31 first instead of my friend who's doing question 41) so you don't have the same question next to the person you're sitting next to, not random different questions for each day of the test.

Also this is supported by the past papers, all of them only have 100 questions. So it's always the set 100 questions but they just randomly pick which ones you have to answer first.
hmm never thought of that actually, though there was definitely a question my friend had that i didn't have. but yeah that makes sense.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
hmm never thought of that actually, though there was definitely a question my friend had that i didn't have. but yeah that makes sense.
The questions appeared to be the same just with different pictures and text used. I finished mine quite early, logged off pc and just looked at where my friend was up to where i noticed he has same question but a different picture. Then after talking to people after test i figured out it was all done that way. Good thinking by the BOS.

and anyway, that question really didn't have anything to do with the weird symbol, just the dots after run and open file
Oh mine was different, it had the weird symbol and a letter and asked why they were there which was obviously because they were shortcuts that could be used. Unless i read the question wrong lol. (doubt it, dont remember run or open file being in that particular screenshot)

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
^interesting.
Yeah and judging by how the other guy didnt get the same question as me with the shortcut thing and i didnt get his, there appears to be some questions some people dont get aswell.

R

Rorzza

what a joke this exam was. we finished with ages to go and just played games. the teech's told us to hahah!

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Still yet to do mine. Everyone is saying how hard it is so I made an attempt to brush up on some EXCEL skills.

The basics.

I don't care about the computer one.

yayyyyyyy SC is overr.

WE ARE IN SEXY YEAR 11!

Reptave

HSC
Rofl, this is so hacks. I can just study this thread before Friday.

stevey6404

HSC
Test was average at best.. Although my eyebrows raised when some of the programs looked like they were running on Windows 98 and Windows 2000... Schools aren't that old are they?

lol the script question steven was the m/sec because it had the power symbol above.

Overall anyone should easily get a pass... there is a lot of questions relating to databases though.
Yes, that means I got it right actually!

My friend said it's the one with a power and I thought there was an answer with only a tiny 2! :L

Yeah and judging by how the other guy didnt get the same question as me with the shortcut thing and i didnt get his, there appears to be some questions some people dont get aswell.
I got the shortcut question.

Maybe the others..forgot about the question besides me and you ;)

Last edited:

DeltaNuggin333

HSC
Err... should you guys who've done the Comp Skills SC really be discussing its content at the moment?

I mean, a number of people still haven't done it... (like myself)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You do the test on a computer? I thought the test would be on paper...

And mine's on Friday, too. I need answers, people! =P
If you did it on pc it was today, paper one is on friday.

I think the board of studies will make major modifications or something to the paper test, people who get kicked off the exams in the computer room would have to do the paper test so they must have thought of something.

If not its no different to people who have to make up the tests tommorow or friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)