Computer Skills SC (1 Viewer)

stevey6404

HSC
I just did my computer skills this morning and it was overall basic.

I was unsure a superscript is =="
and kinda forgot what happens when you press tab in like a table but I checked at home and got it right :L

So what are some of your thoughts on it?

Last edited:

gunsforshow182

HSC
lol the excel/database shit fucked me hard, but everything else was shit 2 year olds should know

gunsforshow182

HSC
If you're not really familiar with excel, study the formulas, everything else is so basic, I doubt anyone would really need help with it.
and yeah most of what I can remember is just file type and a bit of word processing bullshit

stevey6404

HSC
^^^

Yeahh, spreadsheet and database covered heaps of questions so you gotto know the thing
But they are all pretty basic, like what happens if you click a button etc
but there was this harder database question about field. You are given a picture and you have to identify what is the field of the form.

Here's a definition of a field: "A field is a named unit of information. Each entry in a database activity module can have multiple fields of multiple types e.g. a text field called 'favourite color' which allows you to type in your favourite shade."

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Pretty easy, some stuff made me think. finished in 20 minutes and then spent 10 minutes for going through my answers

One kid in my group clicked the Finish button instead of the next button even though it tells you that your submitting your answers and you can go back. fail

Last edited:

silence--

HSC
did it this morning. i think ive got one or two mistakes (comparing with friends) but hopefully still like 95+? idk

good luck to those who have to do it still. the test is randomized so i can't really offer all that much :p

Amogh

HSC
N/A
so wait how does this work? am i going to do the same paper as you guys..because mines on friday..
this cheap..i can just ask others for questions o_O

silence--

HSC
no, the test is randomized.

oh

but you might have some questions the same (we did)

stevey6404

HSC
no, the test is randomized.

oh

but you might have some questions the same (we did)
I thought the QUESTIONS in the test was randomised (eg. I do question 31 first instead of my friend who's doing question 41) so you don't have the same question next to the person you're sitting next to, not random different questions for each day of the test.

Also this is supported by the past papers, all of them only have 100 questions. So it's always the set 100 questions but they just randomly pick which ones you have to answer first.

Last edited:

Curkz

HSC
Test was average at best.. Although my eyebrows raised when some of the programs looked like they were running on Windows 98 and Windows 2000... Schools aren't that old are they?

lol the script question steven was the m/sec because it had the power symbol above.

Overall anyone should easily get a pass... there is a lot of questions relating to databases though.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
We didnt learn any excel or databases in IST or Multimedia as part of the course. The teacher i have for IST went over that stuff though as he knew it was going to be in the test. Apparently we were meant to learn about excel and databases in science.

The test was incredibly easy though (im predicting i got around 95, which is factoring in the fact i probably made stupid mistakes i havent realised atm) everyone seems to agree that compared to the 2008 and previous papers, some of the questions were a bit harder. The ones involving social networking are new and were a bit weird to be honest.

Also weird fact, everyone does the same questions but they jumble up the order and edit the pictures, data and/or words in the screenshots.

dinosaurtomatoe

HSC
N/A
IT WAS HARD!!!

omgosh. everyone was like it's gonna be so easy, BUT IT WAS NOT!

All the questions were about Mac's, I have never touched a Mac in my life!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
IT WAS HARD!!!

omgosh. everyone was like it's gonna be so easy, BUT IT WAS NOT!

All the questions were about Mac's, I have never touched a Mac in my life!
Ermm not quiet. The questions use a neutral GUI that would be familiar to people who use either the windows or mac operating system. The only question where it was clear that it was mac was where they used the weird symbol instead of Windows symbol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)