Competition - low or high? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What's your year like?

Are you seeing many "undercover nerds" thesedays? My year's atmosphere has changed significantly over the last few weeks since the release of first assessment task.

What about you? ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
our year hasn't changed that much from last year....same old same old
Oh, really? That's surprising.

I am expecting last year's subject rank to be altered quite significantly, hopefully with myself on top of some subjects like last year. However, it will be quite difficult to come top since the number of "undercover nerds" seems to be skyrocketing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Same here as well. I reckon we were more competitive in Year 7. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
blahmeh said:
Definitely

i was like top of my yr last year, then suddenly these 'undercover nerds' pop up. Aargh.

While theyre improving, im just sinking.
ONLY way to prevent that is to try twice as hard as they work. Good luck and get some necessary help.

eliseliselise

HSC
i was expecting there to be an epidemic of undercover nerds @ my school--- but there isn't!! however, there are a few that are playing mind games with me & rummaging through my locker during lunchtime for notes... which is disturbing.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I changed schools so I didn't know what to expect of my year. It seems, though, that they're all pretty smart, just they have times when they're switched off. Out of my Legal class, there's really two of us six who run the show, and in Physics only half of our class of six have this tendency to, er, do the work and get it right. However, the people who aren't so good in those subjects seem to pick it up in English and Maths.

It seems that everyone is an undercover nerd, but usually only in one or two subjects... I'm one of the few all-out nerds who pwns in every class :p (except English...)

bored of sc

HSC
Not too bad - english is quite competitive but the rest is pretty layed back. :)

darkprincess28

HSC
hey do u have any notes fo chemistry?? especially a chemical earth. in desperate need of them :(

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
blahmeh said:
Definitely

i was like top of my yr last year, then suddenly these 'undercover nerds' pop up. Aargh.

While theyre improving, im just sinking.
tell me about it!!!
Its scary thinking people who used to fail are getting A's in assessment tasks these days and im getting B's!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
tell me about it!!!
Its scary thinking people who used to fail are getting A's in assessment tasks these days and im getting B's!!!
I was expecting gradual appearances of "undercover nerds" and it seems to me that there are. However, whatever they say, they are still "undercover nerds" and they won't be the ones to beat me: they can't beat the real nerds!!! Or that's what I wish.

People who suddenly start to get As and Bs are not gonna last long. They will get burnt out. Only people who can excel at last are people who have been "nerds" longer or people who can stand longer.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ajdlinux said:
Try looking in the Chemistry forum...
Pathetic notes, some of them are. Many notes don't seem to contain relevant information, skills and experiments.

I have seen some of them to see how good they are, but they don't seem to be my type.

I am going to upload mine as long as I can finish and revise some stuff in it.

But it is much better to write your own as somebody's else may not suit your own need and your school's requirement. Trust me on this.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I agree, some are pretty mediocre, but others are quite good.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
I agree, some are pretty mediocre, but others are quite good.
No one at my school is aware of BOS (Bored of Studies, that is) existence. I tend to give notes from BOS to my mates (all the crap ones) and they are happy about it!!!

But my conscience makes me give them good ones as well. I usually end up printing hundreds of papers for my friends.

retarded777

HSC
N/A
oh we've got plenty alrite---

around 7 for the top rank in every subject. whats funny is that usually before thered be this one person that'd go wayyy ahead of everyone else and like a few terms later it'd be someone else who'd be wayyyy ahead. and its been rotating amongst around 10-12 ppl since yr 7.

oh well all the more motivation.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
lyounamu said:
Pathetic notes, some of them are. Many notes don't seem to contain relevant information, skills and experiments.

I have seen some of them to see how good they are, but they don't seem to be my type.

I am going to upload mine as long as I can finish and revise some stuff in it.

But it is much better to write your own as somebody's else may not suit your own need and your school's requirement. Trust me on this.
Yeah... I went through a whole lot of them studying for Chemistry last year (see sig) and I don't think I ended up reading too much of them, even the good ones.

Besides, it's the making of the notes, as well as reading them, that helps.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
high.

especially when you group of friends are the majority of people who get most of the academic awards.

rather than cutting the tension with a knife, sometimes you just want to stab the living crap out of it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
gouge.away said:
high.

especially when you group of friends are the majority of people who get most of the academic awards.

rather than cutting the tension with a knife, sometimes you just want to stab the living crap out of it.
The group that I hang out is the most nerd group. We have about 7 people in my group and these 7 people including me dominate Legal Studies, Economics, Business Studies, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Modern History, SDD, Engineering Studies and Ancient History.

We are basically taking all the top spots in whatever subjects we do, except English-related subjects.

Only subject that all of us fail to excel are English-related subjects. I don't know, we are just not very good at them.

P.S There are few more people who occassionally hang out with us. They top in PD/H/PE, IPT, English Advanced and English Extension 1.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)