Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm so glad everything's all over now! But now I feel like there's nothing to do. However I'm glad of it because I have a headache, suffering from a lack of sleep and my brain seriously can't take anymore cramming.

I'm so glad Latin Ext is over. I seriously don't know why I'm still doing it lol! I honestly have no idea how I went, but the essay question was funny something along the lines of "How does Lucretius argue that the soul is immortal"
Steph: "WHAT!?!?" O_O *changes question* XDDD

Silly silly teachers...man and they forgot our Livy comment almost funny people. They didn't have a good run with us.

Ext English was better than I expected. Literally did 30 mins study, went in feeling like I had nothing to write and wrote a 5 page essay...I was in shock, but hey just because I got some length doesn't mean what I said wasn't rubbish. XD I said more about my related texts than my core texts too. Man I love Electra...in English >.>

I didn't like how my creative worked out. I needed longer, but MEH it's all over so I couldn't care less!

Just don't want to go to school next week. We're so ditching Ext Lat on Wednesday for the yr 12 Brekkie!!!!

Anyway, I can now officially say that I never knew I could bullshit this much in two weeks!!!

Take the weekend off to sleep/party all! Yay to Town-of-New for tomorrow!!!

HSC
I am so incredibly happy it's over *happydance*.

Ext Latin was so very nice :D. Oh so much Lucy. As was Ext Greek.
Nicholas, could we steal the essay questions you got?

Oh, and in full agreement that Ext English should go die in a hole. Then again, my near-memorised essay kindasorta fit (and I could squish it into shape enough). The creative was funny. Wrote for half an hour and ran out of things to say, so just rambled for awhile.
I really hate having to write an essay about four bricks in an hour. Seriously. Maybe I'll change one of my relateds to a poem...
Bleddy Victorian England D:

Oh, and English Modules is horror and hell.
Well, >.> It wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't ask specifically for the only bit of Ros&Guil and Hamlet that I hadn't looked at, and if I'd read the WH question properly >.>

Zaz and Steph, did you notice in Greek Ext that "Question 7(?) is not offered in this paper".
Shockhorror :eek:. I mean, what if I wanted to translate into Greek? There would have been tantrums (and a double-helping of mess for poor Mr Fergusson).

Tomorrow shall be wondrous.

Fakhri

HSC
hey,

MY GOD I AM SOOOOO GLAD THAT WEEK IS OVER...SOOO GLAD

well...ext latin..who is lucrtius again??? *bemused*

Yes...i noticed there wasn't a question 7 in greek and no question 5 in ext latin...all my training and hard work oh alas......i studied soo hard to do english in greek (NOT)...funny though cause Dr Matters is technically taking away our freedom of choice (not that she doesn't do that anyway...with her changing of words)...yeah.

Well..about my trials..um....well there were soo many i don't know where to start...
Well...
latin cont was ok..except for the soo many commentry questions..

latin ext...well all i wrote was utter bullshit..so we will see how that goes..but i did write two pages..i felt good..but it was mostly a ramble...oops..

Greek cont...well that was just plain bad..considering i could just translate the electra unseen...man i hate thoes things

Greek ext..well that was ok..except for my ramble about the dead..then i started contidicting myself..and it was meant to be short answer..oh well..poor Mr Furgersson he hasn't yet had the experience of reading my rambles...

Bio...um well i thought it went ok..except for the fact i didn't know what an antibiotic graph looked like...oh well...and something about freshwater fish..made that up..

English..was actually really good except for the modules section...wel then half of english was good..specificity is only good for enzymes nothing else..especially not english and NOT Ros ang Guil

Maths...suprisingly good..well i actually almost did every question except for the last part of the last question..but meh

Ancient History...mmm..i think i went on a little too much about virgil...(but can u really do that) but it was litterally 7 pages of nothing...mostly me attempting to remember something i read...or something from latin...

well..that was how my trials went..mostly BAD..but oh well..the pop quiz will be the decider..

How have everyone's else' gone or going???

hope well

indeed tommrow shall be wondrous...but i have already started...saw the simpson movie..not as good as i expected..i dont really like the newer ones as much as the older..but it was funny in bits..

Mr Gumby

HSC
christmasbeetle said:
I am so incredibly happy it's over *happydance*.

Ext Latin was so very nice :D. Oh so much Lucy. As was Ext Greek.
Nicholas, could we steal the essay questions you got?

Oh, and in full agreement that Ext English should go die in a hole. Then again, my near-memorised essay kindasorta fit (and I could squish it into shape enough). The creative was funny. Wrote for half an hour and ran out of things to say, so just rambled for awhile.
I really hate having to write an essay about four bricks in an hour. Seriously. Maybe I'll change one of my relateds to a poem...
Bleddy Victorian England D:

Oh, and English Modules is horror and hell.
Well, >.> It wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't ask specifically for the only bit of Ros&Guil and Hamlet that I hadn't looked at, and if I'd read the WH question properly >.>

Zaz and Steph, did you notice in Greek Ext that "Question 7(?) is not offered in this paper".
Shockhorror :eek:. I mean, what if I wanted to translate into Greek? There would have been tantrums (and a double-helping of mess for poor Mr Fergusson).

Tomorrow shall be wondrous.
We had to hand in most of the exam papers, but if we get them back I'll bring them on that Greek day thing. In Greek Ext we had a choice of two essays. The one I did was 'What role does Circe play in the narrative of Odysseus' wanderings', and the other was something about hospitality in Book X. We had a three mark question about the significance of food in an extract, which was a bit strange. My teacher, Dr Stevens, has this thing about food in the Odyssey - he makes a big deal out of it, so we were ready for it. A pretty easy exam overall. Anyway, you can have a look at it later.

HSC
Awesome, thanks :D. We had a question on Circe for a past assessment - "Circe is one of the outstanding female characters of the Odyssey. She is a curious mix of symbolism, magic and realism" (or whatever that quote is in the notes). Discuss.

This time we haaad uhh
Analyse and discuss Homer's style/narrative techniques, including use of suspense, imagery and other techniques.

orrr

Discuss Odysseus' effectiveness as a leader. Is he heroic?
Or somesuch like that.

And comment questions on Tiresias, Odysseus digging a pit, aaand beliefs about death and the afterlife according to Circe's directions.

Thucy about the vilification of Cleon or techniques, Electra about Clytemnestra and whether she fits Electra's opinion of her, or discuss about whether Electra the text was about the upsetting of social and moral norms or something like that.

HSC
All I'm going to say is.

Iamabsolutelyandutterlyoverclassicsandanythingassociatedwithit...ontopofthatihateancienthistorytooitshonestlythemostboringpieceofshitintheworld.whythehelldidntichoosemodernhistoryitaliankeptfrenchdonenomathsanddidsomethinglikegeographylikestuffiwasuberlygoodatinsteadofbeingrippedoffandstuckdoingstuffihate.welltheynevertoldmeclassicswasgonnabelikethiswheniwasgoodatitandnowiwannadropeverythingandjustneverneverevercomeback.ohwellnowi'mofftodrownmysorrowsatcantoriandchoralewithoutskanky...sothisdaycouldntgetanyworse.

End Rant.

HSC
Perceptive of you :p

Bits were bad and bits were good, some was better than expected and some worse. And at least one of our teachers is a really bitchy marker. D:<

HSC
Meh. Well definitely don't ask me.

I'm absolutely and utterly over classics and the HSC in general. The only class I actually feel bothered in these days is Ext English because our new teacher isn't pregnant or hormonal and actually has a lot of really interesting things to say about the human psyche and primitive behaviours and Chemistry because my teacher is so woody and we're doing chromotography and I've made patterns with lots of pretty colours. This is shocking seeing as I normally find chem a drag and ext english a bitch.

I didn't sign up for context, essays and commentary. Seriously, with those I couldn't care less about as horrible as that sounds. Now classics has been ruined for life and I seriously want nothing to do with it.

Translation. Grammar. Unseen. Now leave me alone.

Otherwise I've utterly lost my ability to be bothered generally. Still haven't decided whether to study for latin on Thursday or not. As bad as this sounds I'd rather be reading whatever that twit JKR has put in her final instalment no matter how much of an average fanfiction it seems to be already. Or be playing Civ. Either or, as long as it doesn't require me to do anything relevant.

End Rant.

HSC
Man no one's spammed in here for days so I thought I would!

Well, school has been a lot better I say! I didn't fail chem so that's always a good thing. I'm pissed with all the stupid mistakes I made by not reading questions and muddling up things I knew, but hey I PASSED WITH NIGHT BEFORE STUDY OF LIKE EVERY SINGLE TOPIC...and I passed Latin Ext when I seriously thought I hadn't. XDDDD. I really need to start learning translations properly and learning to like commentary. Oh wells.

Our little roman dude fighting "dextra" is the cutest little thing. Too bad everyone's trying to kill him. He's hot pink too and simply teh smecks. Skanky is so talented. I do hope we have combined Latin from now on!!! (so much fun!!! Ki you should come and join us rebels in the back)

AND I think I actually remembered the trannies for the Latin test today so I'm happy.

Meh guess I should mention Greek too. Well I'm preparing to the end of Electra as we speak, because I feel like it (shock horror) and because I cbb to do probability because it's so BORING.

I have a new strategy for Greek, so hopefully I'll learn to like it all over again. But yeah, I think I've finally come to terms that I shoudl start learning my trannies before the night before (obviously) and maybe actually learn the fekkin commentary even though it's BORING especially Thucy. I can strat game play the Thucy commentary...just don't wanna write about it.

That's all for now!

Love and huggles,

Her Imperial Highness the Divine Empress Stephania the Cruel <-- Best Title Ever! XD (need to go finish killing to Mongolians...stoopid losers!!!) OR GLORIA DIVINAQUE REGINA STEPHANIA...(meh dun care if it aint proper roman...i'm not even speaking teh real eeengleesh.):wave:

anthropoestin

HSC
I'm back!

Ha! Thought you scared the Shore guy off did you? haha no sorry i've been a bit absent, stressing over work! Even though i only have one trial, it still seems all rather stressful!

Greek study day has been finalised as my teacher told me today. It's from 1:30pm to 4:00pm on Thursday 20th September at Sydney Grammar. Should be good! Come and say hi to me, because I won't know anyone lol :(
I'm really really tall and well, you'll notice from my uniform what school i guess.

have you guys already had trials?? Shore's start wednesday next week, and my greek one is with latin on the week after, so i have another week to prepare! shitting myseeeeelf though. Were yours hard? so much time goes into learning the translation, that im sure im fucked for my essays and commentary!

Can anyone put their notes up?

write back xxxxx

anthropoestin

HSC
I'm back!

Ha! Thought you scared the Shore guy off did you? haha no sorry i've been a bit absent, stressing over work! Even though i only have one trial, it still seems all rather stressful!

Greek study day has been finalised as my teacher told me today. It's from 1:30pm to 4:00pm on Thursday 20th September at Sydney Grammar. Should be good! Come and say hi to me, because I won't know anyone lol :(
I'm really really tall and well, you'll notice from my uniform what school i guess.

have you guys already had trials?? Shore's start wednesday next week, and my greek one is with latin on the week after, so i have another week to prepare! shitting myseeeeelf though. Were yours hard? so much time goes into learning the translation, that im sure im fucked for my essays and commentary!

Can anyone put their notes up?

write back xxxxx

Mr Gumby

HSC
TheLadyDisdain said:
Man no one's spammed in here for days so I thought I would!

Well, school has been a lot better I say! I didn't fail chem so that's always a good thing. I'm pissed with all the stupid mistakes I made by not reading questions and muddling up things I knew, but hey I PASSED WITH NIGHT BEFORE STUDY OF LIKE EVERY SINGLE TOPIC...and I passed Latin Ext when I seriously thought I hadn't. XDDDD. I really need to start learning translations properly and learning to like commentary. Oh wells.

Our little roman dude fighting "dextra" is the cutest little thing. Too bad everyone's trying to kill him. He's hot pink too and simply teh smecks. Skanky is so talented. I do hope we have combined Latin from now on!!! (so much fun!!! Ki you should come and join us rebels in the back)

AND I think I actually remembered the trannies for the Latin test today so I'm happy.

Meh guess I should mention Greek too. Well I'm preparing to the end of Electra as we speak, because I feel like it (shock horror) and because I cbb to do probability because it's so BORING.

I have a new strategy for Greek, so hopefully I'll learn to like it all over again. But yeah, I think I've finally come to terms that I shoudl start learning my trannies before the night before (obviously) and maybe actually learn the fekkin commentary even though it's BORING especially Thucy. I can strat game play the Thucy commentary...just don't wanna write about it.

That's all for now!

Love and huggles,

Her Imperial Highness the Divine Empress Stephania the Cruel <-- Best Title Ever! XD (need to go finish killing to Mongolians...stoopid losers!!!) OR GLORIA DIVINAQUE REGINA STEPHANIA...(meh dun care if it aint proper roman...i'm not even speaking teh real eeengleesh.):wave:
Your mood swings scare me.

HSC
Vhell, I absolutely and utterly fcukeded Greek for numerous reasons.
1) I only studied the night before.
2) I always screw commentary coz I never learn it...
3) Coz I'm incredibly lazy.

Other than that it's just same old, you can't really put a hardness level on Greek exams I say. You either know it or you don't and unseens are always a gamble for me anyway.

But I do NOW make detailed notes on my trannies as we go, so I basically force myself to do the commentary as I learn the trannies. I don't really have any decent notes though. I normally go straight out of my books or find stuff on the net if I'm desperate.

AND NICHOLAS XDDDDDDDD

Always glad to scare someone, well if you count the cards and this I have scared you twice...and AND I'm not moody, just a LITTLE NUTS. (but that's because I've been around Ki and Zazie for waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. *halo* and classics does that to you!)

But NYEH no more TRIALS and school FREEDOM, sic valde laeta sum!

HSC
Nicholas, Steph's generally scary =P

Steph, if I join you rebels up the back, I'll be leaving Emmy by herself D:. And don't you blame it on us. You turned us strange. Yupyup.

Shore guy, yes we'll talk to you. You'll probably recognise us three from the shrieking though.
And, given my total ignorance of uniforms, do you have any problem with telling us your name over the internet.
Because it'd just be weird going up to every very, very tall person and asking "Are you the shore guy?" I think there'll be strange looks if there are many tall people.
I haven't actually made notes. Just the translations and stuff out of the books.

HSC
>.>

I'm so not scary...well fine I'm the good type of scary then. (if that's possible XD)

But Emmy's very rebellious too, so it doesn't mean Emmy can't join us in the back either!!

I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT TURN YOU GUYS STRANGE. You guys were strange already, more so than me, but I made you vocalise it maybe!? Either way I'm absolutely and utterly mad because of you guys! You guys drive me mad...aka lunchtime today >> well 'Kayleya' didn't help with that either! >>

And yeah, Shore guy, you better give us your name because otherwise we'll start yelling stuff out and that would be embarassing. We are very embarassing shrieky girlies...yeah that's how you find us, just follow the shrieking and bantering. Well today was a really shrieky day >.>

anthropoestin

HSC
haha yeah trust me we're probably all very strange with or without ms. disdain...that's the classics for you!!

yeah my name's Alex Thompson, shore...uniform is grey suit with white shirt, blue tie and a boater (=round straw hat). and you're not allowed to make fun of the hat ok? haha everyone does...

trials cram!

HSC
Exactly!! Thank you Alex!!

I think you do need a degree of crazyness to survive Classics. It's just nuts if you don't. Plus what's fun about not reading into the texts we do? *halo*

Good luck with your trials!

p.s OH YEAH 100TH POST...WOO CLASSICAL GREEK THREAD!!! XDDDD

HSC
Thanks Alex :D
We, the girls with the tam o'shanters, would be pretty hypocritical mocking the boater XD.

Steph, you were always weirder than us. We had an undercurrent of strange which you turned into a gushing river by adding references and refusing to let us bleach our minds.
So there :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)