Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (2 Viewers)

Charlie Lu

HSC
Only reason why I went to a priv is bc I missed the hast, and I had no other option. On the bright side tho, I don't need to search around for cocurrics and stuff bc school got it covered.
💀 what was there no other school in sydney that charges less than 40grand?

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
💀 bro my school demands 37k after scholarship (43k without) 💀 /yr

its the same with most privates iinm e.g: Kings, TAS, Newington etc. But yeah no even then I think the teaching is pretty mediocre.
if you think teaching is mediocre why go to a private school? its better to go to a well ranked public school which has academically capable students if academics is the problem for you in this scenario

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
Only reason why I went to a priv is bc I missed the hast, and I had no other option. On the bright side tho, I don't need to search around for cocurrics and stuff bc school got it covered.
eh my public school has co currics and i was part of the robotics club and sports at school til year 10 it just depends on your school

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
💀 bro my school demands 37k after scholarship (43k without) 💀 /yr

its the same with most privates iinm e.g: Kings, TAS, Newington etc. But yeah no even then I think the teaching is pretty mediocre.
all schools have bad teachers tho. they're hired not on how well they teach but how they vibe with the principal/head-of-department/whoever's-hiring. In fact idk how some of my teachers bluffed the interview they're so illiterate

melanie_o

HSC
Oml year 11 is already the DEATH of me smh. Istg I didn’t realise that there would be a lot of individual study (I.e you learn the content and then the teacher will broadly summarise). Also I want to drop 3U English so bad because it’s an afternoon class 2 times a week so does anyone have any advice in terms of if it is a good idea to switch to geography (averaged high 90s all throughout high school) or should I persevere through 3U? 😭😜

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
is kurt good? ive heard mixed things about it
Kurt's my number 1 op

But okay if you want to get better at Maths I feel like he produces results
I don't have to like HOW he produces those but he does

But if you go in there and end up failing all his tests at that point he can't save you and he will quite literally give up on you and start heckling you to quit

Also I think he might accept y11 students? But it has to be either by the next entrance test or he won't let you in, I think he for sure doesn't accept Y12 students unless they've already been there since y11 or before

banigul@30

HSC
Kurt's my number 1 op

Also I think he might accept y11 students? But it has to be either by the next entrance test or he won't let you in, I think he for sure doesn't accept Y12 students unless they've already been there since y11 or before
do you know when the the next entrance exam is?

sakinluvo

HSC
Has anyone else started a depth study for Bio? Its been two weeks and we haven't started our modules yet lol

sakinluvo

HSC
then what are use doing we wouldve finished half a module in 2 weeks
were doing a depth study assessment that goes until week 5 (leads to this big paper we have to in class) I don't think we will be doing any content until after that assessment

sakinluvo

HSC
I may be a dumbass, bc I have no idea what a depth study is yet all I know is we’re doing a depth study in groups of 3-4 and it’s due in week 9 or 10
Omg we have that as well, depth study is basically researching something for a long ass time I think, we have groups of 4 and we get marked off our results book

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I may be a dumbass, bc I have no idea what a depth study is yet all I know is we’re doing a depth study in groups of 3-4 and it’s due in week 9 or 10
isnt a depth study kinda like the senior version of the srps we did in y7 to 10? im not entirely sure though. you should search up samples of it online and see the format

CeeTia

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else started a depth study for Bio? Its been two weeks and we haven't started our modules yet lol
Nope our depth study is next term, we have a data analysis exam in bio this term? Kinda weird ngl but why not

melanie_o

HSC
Help!
It's been two weeks of prelim already (the fact that Year 12 is in around 9-10 months is incomprehensible!) and I feel fine for most of my classes except biology, for which I have a bone to pick. Specifically, it's the teacher (but I do not want to unknowingly defame them so I need confirmation). The teacher has been very insistent on independent study (which I know is a requirement of senior studies) but I feel like the amount of 'independent' learning is completely inappropriate for a high school student, more so for a university student. What I mean is that the teacher is essentially making us learn the content ourselves. At the start of each lesson, they'll go through the PowerPoint (not explaining the content, mind you) and just tell us which slides to go through. Then, we are expected to go through it ourselves.

I know that studying independently is required but in my biology class it is like we are our own teachers. I NEED TO BE TAUGHT! For example, we were just going through the fluid mosaic model but we had to learn it ourselves. The teacher didn't even give an overview! I understand that learning content by yourself is beneficial but we aren't even being 'taught'. I really need a band 6 in biology (due to the excessively high ATAR requirement for a med interview nowdays) and we supposedly have a practical task on module 1 (any tips would be greatly appreciated).

Am I just delusional or is this something that I should address. What should I do?

melanie_o

HSC
Frrrr. I have a prac task in week 6 for all of the syllabus dot points of module 1, but we literally just started on actual biology stuff (spent the first two weeks on microscopes and scaling with biological drawings but my teacher is not even 'teaching' us istg).

melanie_o

HSC
Also, does anyone know how I can display my subjects underneath my posts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)