Child-Free Zone (1 Viewer)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Using the word gay as a synonym for stupid is a form of homophobia, actually. It's implying that 'gay' things, meaning homosexual, are stupid. I think it's pretty straightforward.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by PaleReflection
Using the word gay as a synonym for stupid is a form of homophobia, actually. It's implying that 'gay' things, meaning homosexual, are stupid. I think it's pretty straightforward.

yeh well i have nothing against gays... thats just what people say.. so i catch on to these things

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
every 1 tells me i should be a motovational speaker (if thats how u spell it) coz i allways come up with good comebacks jejeje

Then they're obviously wrong.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
personally, i cant understand women not wanting children, but thats prob only coz i do
but when i do have them, i will continue to work, i will have my own practise by then, so i will have a back room that they can have with a babysitter coming in so i can still keep an eye on them
(it will be a paediatric occupational therapy practise, so there will be 90 million toys for them to play with). i think i will stay at home with them for 6 months or so, then go back to the practise on shortened hours, and then once they reach school i will only work 9.30-2.30 or something coz i will have the freedom to do that, and take as many holidays and stuff as i want (i will have other employees)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
personally, i cant understand women not wanting children, but thats prob only coz i do
but when i do have them, i will continue to work, i will have my own practise by then, so i will have a back room that they can have with a babysitter coming in so i can still keep an eye on them
(it will be a paediatric occupational therapy practise, so there will be 90 million toys for them to play with). i think i will stay at home with them for 6 months or so, then go back to the practise on shortened hours, and then once they reach school i will only work 9.30-2.30 or something coz i will have the freedom to do that, and take as many holidays and stuff as i want (i will have other employees)
Look I don't know you and maybe I am wrong, but you seem to have a pretty optomistic outlook on life. It seems to me you want everything for nothing: by which I mean, you will have holidays whenever you want and a babysitter etc. etc. Maybe you are incredibly gifted and life will be easy for you, but more likely, things won't be as rosey and idealistic as you think.

Maybe I'm wrong....

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cactus
Look I don't know you and maybe I am wrong, but you seem to have a pretty optomistic outlook on life. It seems to me you want everything for nothing: by which I mean, you will have holidays whenever you want and a babysitter etc. etc. Maybe you are incredibly gifted and life will be easy for you, but more likely, things won't be as rosey and idealistic as you think.

Maybe I'm wrong....
it can work, my sisterinlaw is an artist and has a babysitter come into her home two days a week so she can work
its not that i want unlimited holidays and stuff, but when my kids are school-age, i want to be home with them in holidays and stuff, i dont want to continually ship them out to grandparents and stuff
thats the main reason i want my own practise, so i can have the freedom to be with my kids when they need me, but have a regular income coming in

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
It's the Telegraph, ignore it and it'll go away. The bad nightmares are over...
:lol: so very true the telegraph is a waste of paper...even though it creates employment for those so called journalists the paper is being wasted and could be used to produce more copies of the herald...lol

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by Cactus

Maybe I'm wrong....
well if you think about it.. all workplaces have to have maternity/paternity leave (whether its paid for or not is another issue) and correct me if im wrong the minimum is 12 weeks..
so if she wants to take time off to have a child they cant really stop her
her workplace cant fire her when she comes back unless she is really crap at whatever she does because that would be unfair dismissal
if she already has a baby sitter so care of the kids till school time is covered.. why wouldnt u be optimistic
thats kinda like my situation.. i want to be a primary school teacher so id get like holidays and stuff with kids.. and my mum already quit her job to take care of my brothers kids so it wont be too much hassle if she takes mine (seeing as they will be in primary school by the time i even consider having kids)
its really sad that people are putting careers and travelling before having kids.. then when they want to have kids its too late (ie after 30.. ur fertility goes down) then they miss out..

feel free to debate this.. im doing my cafs irp on the effect of a newborn child on the parents wellbeing and this can help me lol

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
thankyou cro.
as for the workplace firing me, that can only happen if i dont have my own practise, i am aiming to have my own practise by the time i have kids so i can have the luxury of staying home with them and stuff without worrying about hurrying back to work and stuff

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
People shouldn't have to have children because they feel guilty about whether future generations will be well-populated or because the government wants them to. People should have children because they want to be able to care and love for a child in their own way.

Alexander

Gold Member
I think it's like a bit of an obligation to society and country (not government), so as contribute to the next generation's quality of life by providing the next batch of workers. If we dont breed, we age and retire and cant be taxed and collapse (aust.s' trend)---but then again i dont have a uterus...
We've evolved in such a way that sex is fun and ultimatly productive, but now we can have our cake and eat it too. It's about responsibility and maturity--marking time, not something to be conducted in the mood, with no consequences.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
well if you think about it.. all workplaces have to have maternity/paternity leave (whether its paid for or not is another issue) and correct me if im wrong the minimum is 12 weeks...
that could b why (even today) its harder for women get jobs than men....:s

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
I think it's like a bit of an obligation to society and country (not government), so as contribute to the next generation's quality of life by providing the next batch of workers. If we dont breed, we age and retire and cant be taxed and collapse (aust.s' trend)---but then again i dont have a uterus...
We've evolved in such a way that sex is fun and ultimatly productive, but now we can have our cake and eat it too. It's about responsibility and maturity--marking time, not something to be conducted in the mood, with no consequences.
No one should be obligated to have a child. If a woman isn't ready or simply doesn't want to, then she should not be pressured by society to 'provide the next batch of workers'.
There is no use in having a child if you are not going to take care of it properly and give it a caring, loving upbringing.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
exactly, you see these women who have kids for all the wrong reasons-their husbands wanted one (i know one that had a kid just coz her husband wanted it), pressures of society, to save a failing relationship, whatever the reason, and then they end up hating the kid, neglecting it, resenting the changes it caused to their body, relationships, etc.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
exactly, you see these women who have kids for all the wrong reasons-their husbands wanted one (i know one that had a kid just coz her husband wanted it), pressures of society, to save a failing relationship, whatever the reason, and then they end up hating the kid, neglecting it, resenting the changes it caused to their body, relationships, etc.
I agree; I think it's the women who have children for those reasons, not the ones who decide to not have any at all, that are selfish.

Alexander

Gold Member
I think the only pressure of society re. kids, is to NOT have them.
Western countries have very low birth rates and it's very dangerous to the economy and world stability.
Im sorry if I sound cold about this, but I think the raw facts should come before the lovey-dovey stuff. I mean the last thing i'd describe my parents as is caring and loving. I havent seen my dad for about 4yrs, and he lives just down town, while my mum cant wait for me to finish school so she can pack up and leave the country!--point being, it's done me no harm...

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by PaleReflection
I agree; I think it's the women who have children for those reasons, not the ones who decide to not have any at all, that are selfish.
tru so tru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)