Cheating punishments? (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
just find this supervisor. you haven't done anything wrong, and if you have it is the supervisors fault for giving you the all clear. if you werent allowed to write notes down on ripped paper, that supervisor should have told you so before the exam.

so just find that woman.

(you could also argue like this "if i were to cheat, do you think I would be dumb enough to put my pre-prepared notes on my desk, in full view of everyone, and copy from them? no one is that dumb")
Its been done in my school during the physics trials... and my school isnt exactly that crap too.. teacher caught them but i dont know what happened to them

00iCon

HSC
also happened it my school Business and Chemistry trials. The same kid, twice. In Chem he left his notes in with his answers and in Biz he left them on his chair when he went to the toilet.

K

khorne

just find this supervisor. you haven't done anything wrong,
Yes, they have. They brought external paper into an exam, when it was strictly forbidden. Personally, I think the board will just say "Should have read the rules, better luck next time, life ain't fair."

Good luck anyway

terminator69

HSC
Yes, they have. They brought external paper into an exam, when it was strictly forbidden. Personally, I think the board will just say "Should have read the rules, better luck next time, life ain't fair."

Good luck anyway
I expect them to say "Should have read the rules, but boys will be boys so I'll let it slip this time, just make sure you don't do it again".

sunsettah

HSC
lol except im not a boy.

It was wrong of me to assume it only meant paper with notes on it, and i didnt realise i couldnt take in blank paper - but it's done now.

I just want to know what my punishment would be if they decide I cheated..

Loss of that exam, which is made up for by the other half of the english exam??

Loss of HSC?

Zero mark for that exam?

I dunno which is more likely

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
(you could also argue like this "if i were to cheat, do you think I would be dumb enough to put my pre-prepared notes on my desk, in full view of everyone, and copy from them? no one is that dumb")
After seeing first hand someone trying to rob a bank with balaclavas without eye sockets, nothing really surprises me as being too dumb.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
lol except im not a boy.

It was wrong of me to assume it only meant paper with notes on it, and i didnt realise i couldnt take in blank paper - but it's done now.

I just want to know what my punishment would be if they decide I cheated..

Loss of that exam, which is made up for by the other half of the english exam??

Loss of HSC?

Zero mark for that exam?

I dunno which is more likely
If they do punish you, you'd really hope they decide to give you 0 marks. If they declare your exam a non-attempt, you'd probably be deemed to have not completed the course, and since it's English, that means no HSC.

Has the Board contacted you yet, and what does your school principal say?

Nivek5

HSC
With the internet by your side, and the examiners name, a simple search and dedication will get you their address.

Choice of death is up to you ;)

I Study Hard

HSC
After seeing first hand someone trying to rob a bank with balaclavas without eye sockets, nothing really surprises me as being too dumb.
What??
OMG LOL.

@OP - I'm sure it'll work out, where was the examiner who checked your paper when they were discussing it and taking away your notes?

sunsettah

HSC
If they do punish you, you'd really hope they decide to give you 0 marks. If they declare your exam a non-attempt, you'd probably be deemed to have not completed the course, and since it's English, that means no HSC.

Has the Board contacted you yet, and what does your school principal say?

Yes but because it was only one HALF of the english component, i was thinking maybe ill just get a band 1 or 2 for english, from the first exam?

no contact yet, and the school is unnaware at this point

( i live in a small town, teachers are as gossipy as students here)

sunsettah

HSC
What??
OMG LOL.

@OP - I'm sure it'll work out, where was the examiner who checked your paper when they were discussing it and taking away your notes?
She was there discussing it too, and decided she thought they weren't the same bits of paper (probably because there was so much writing on them)

imoO

HSC
if you see the examiner again

prove to her you can write all that in the first 5 min of the exam or wateva, by doing it agen infront of her with no sources for 5 min.

however, it may be too late now, she might think you went home and memorized it.

give it a shot anyway?

ajdlinux

HSC
Yes but because it was only one HALF of the english component, i was thinking maybe ill just get a band 1 or 2 for english, from the first exam?

no contact yet, and the school is unnaware at this point

( i live in a small town, teachers are as gossipy as students here)
If your paper is considered a 'non-attempt', you may end up with an N determination instead of just losing marks. I'm not sure what the exact policy is though.

And you really, really must talk to your school principal or director of studies.

sunsettah

HSC
yeah..

so a non attempt for the modules exam, completely discounts my AOS exam as a contribution to my HSC english?

ajdlinux

HSC
yeah..

so a non attempt for the modules exam, completely discounts my AOS exam as a contribution to my HSC english?
Well, you have to hope that if they do punish you they choose to zero the mark, rather than actually give you an N in the course. They can do either.

But at this stage I'd say you really need to talk to your principal about it, and make sure you have stat decs from everyone who witnessed it.

I Study Hard

HSC
She was there discussing it too, and decided she thought they weren't the same bits of paper (probably because there was so much writing on them)
What, thats bullshit.
How can she be that dumb, we're HSC students, ofcourse we write at the speed of light =|

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.

Anon4Real

HSC
Well you're immediately an idiot for taking in blank peices of paper into an exam anyways.

So tough shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)