• Yes!

Votes: 51 11.9%
  • No!

Votes: 378 88.1%

• Total voters

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
I saw someone say something about taking cheat sheets into exams in another thread... anyone here ever cheated in a HSC exam or are planning to?? vote anyway, its not public by the way.

Personally, no way. Im not risking my ass and reputation (Im 'responceable' School captain Dave). I think they would award you zero for that exam wouldnt they and maybe not allow you to sit other exams.. ooo thatd suck!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I wouldn't either. Cheating gives you a few marks, but if you get caught, you get none... somehow it doesn't weight out to me.

I know of a guy that started writing during his english exams during reading time that never got caught. I'd hate to be the one sitting next to him. You'd just wanna rip his head off.

sub

hahaha, i would...but i couldnt be bothered....all u gotta do is place notes strategically in the toilets and look at them in ur toilet break...NOTE: i have NOT tried this yet...but thats how other ppl do it...

mishka

HSC
N/A
before the exams start, we get a speech on unauthorised material (everyone does, I assume!) and they warn people of the consequences. how would you feel sitting there listening to that? anyway, it would be nearly impossible to cheat - there's people walking around with spare booklets - too risky. and besides, what is that showing about your confidence??

gabn

HSC
nah my ego is too big i would perfer to fail dreadfully than cheat or get caught for cheating.

JayWalker

HSC
mishka said:
before the exams start, we get a speech on unauthorised material (everyone does, I assume!) and they warn people of the consequences. how would you feel sitting there listening to that? anyway, it would be nearly impossible to cheat - there's people walking around with spare booklets - too risky. and besides, what is that showing about your confidence??
I have special provisions and I swear, when i take a break, my supervisors cant even be bothered coming outside, i could just go to my bag or something its ridiculous, and i am yet to hear a speach about consequences

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
so ppl cheat and get away with it?! lucky them, but i'm to lazy, and wouldn't risk it.

mishka

HSC
N/A
JayWalker said:
I have special provisions and I swear, when i take a break, my supervisors cant even be bothered coming outside, i could just go to my bag or something its ridiculous, and i am yet to hear a speach about consequences
but you wouldn't abuse your special provisions by doing that if you had morals, would you!! :rolleyes:

there will be people out there who do, though, which is sad because it's "only lying to themselves"...

JayWalker

HSC
mishka said:
but you wouldn't abuse your special provisions by doing that if you had morals, would you!! :rolleyes:

there will be people out there who do, though, which is sad because it's "only lying to themselves"...

lol i woudlnt need to chea :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't cheat. The pay off is too small and the risk is way too high. If you don't already know the content it's unlikely to help.

Here's an article from The Age about cheating in the VCE and Universities in Victoria:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/25/1098667689617.html

It's pretty interesting. The way the examinations are conducted for the VCE are a lot tigher than they are up here.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I wouldn't either. Cheating gives you a few marks, but if you get caught, you get none... somehow it doesn't weight out to me.

I know of a guy that started writing during his english exams during reading time that never got caught. I'd hate to be the one sitting next to him. You'd just wanna rip his head off.
Youd call over a marker to your table to ask a question. :uhhuh:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I wouldn't but I know how to.. I wouldnt get caught...thered be no shuffling of paper in hidden toilets or anything but I just wouldnt cos its wrogn... what u do is u write on the tops of your legs and ur skirt and stockings will cover it... u go to the toilet and read ur legs.... but I could NEVER do it... I'd feel guilty to.. I dunno why... also that and it gets really itchy on my legs cos I get dermatitis on my legs so Id have my hand under the able a lot under my skirt moving my hands ;) get the drift... well thats what it would look like anyway.

Last edited:

NothingIsStatic

The Wanderer
HSC
Haha!

I remembered a guy last year, at my old school, smuggled in an entire physics textbook underneath his blazer his blazer. A bloody Jakaranda one too!

It didn't matter too much, as it turned out that he got about 8/90

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The trick with cheating is to put all the necessary materials in a special place in the lavatory. Then during the exam you can go and ring someone, google it, BOS it or something :p

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I think its wrong to cheat, your only cheating yourself and how bad would you feel afterwards. Anyway, its not fair to those who studied their asses off for 2 years if someone just walks in with no idea and runs to the toilet for answers. I mean i slacked off a lot but im not gunna risk my dignity or anything to get extra marks in some stupid test. Just try ur hardest and if thats what your best is, be happy for yourself to know that you gave it a go.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Exactly. Even if I had the opportunity to cheat I wouldn't couldnt live with that. It shits me when people cheat so why should it be ok for me to do it? Its not... that and going to the toilet wastes exam time anyway.

sub

pussy_cat said:
I think its wrong to cheat, your only cheating yourself and how bad would you feel afterwards. Anyway, its not fair to those who studied their asses off for 2 years if someone just walks in with no idea and runs to the toilet for answers. I mean i slacked off a lot but im not gunna risk my dignity or anything to get extra marks in some stupid test. Just try ur hardest and if thats what your best is, be happy for yourself to know that you gave it a go.
see taht would be morally acceptable...i dont cheat...dont need to, cos i fail well enuf on my own and dont need to be disqualified... but some ppl cant help cheating...they've done it all their lives...its like second nature... but yeah...to all those fags who cheat...i hope u get caught :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)