Changes to 09 exams (1 Viewer)

twistedrebel

HSC
Alot of school's today recieved letter form board of studies regarding the HSC exams. E.g for sciences questions do not have include words verbs from the list. Can ask how, why, design. Why do we use AC motors?.
Also said about not preparing answers, so probably have to do with english.

tl;dr BoS warns schools not to teach for exams only, and questions will be different this year?

Jonneeh

HSC
Well there are 20 MC questions instead of 15 now.
And the short response marks are out of 55 instead of 60

twistedrebel

HSC
they dont have to use verbs now, when asking the question

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
But won't some of these 'secondary verbs' be related to the real verbs e.g. why = explain.

They havent been using the verbs for a few questions for quite soem time so I don't think it will make much of a difference.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
My understanding is that these changes as explained by the Board of Studies (Board of Studies News), "will not affect 2009 Year 11 and Year 12 students." These changes, most likely, refer to students who are commencing their HSC (i.e. year 11) this year and not the year 12 students of 2010. So I don't think these multiple choice/other changes will be affecting us.

speedofsound

HSC
huh? most changes about exam format (e.g. multiple choice in ancient history, modern history, society & culture, etc) were made last year... why would they make announcements about changes affecting our year now?

Lukybear

HSC
... those verbs were good indications on how to go about doing questions. Worried about english tho:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)