Centrelink Bashing. (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Tell me why you hate those on Centrelink?

I can understand the hate for those who literally bludge off the system, I hate them too but there are those of us, like me, who just cannot get employed. Be it because of the area you live in or other factors, some people just can't land a job.

My personal experience: I'm sure some of you have read this in other threads, but...

My family is and always has been poor. So naturally I'm on Centrelink benefits. I finished year 12 and moved to Byron Bay to do an Audio Engineering course but quickly found that there were no jobs at all in that area, or at least no-one that would take a 19 year old. I dropped out after a year due to extreme financial strain and found the same of Murwillumbah and the Tweed. Since then I have been unemployed and in total, searching for a job for 18 months straight, three jobs a day over the phone, face to face, over the net, everything.

I have come across the occasional "get a job you fucking bludger"... It's not that simple for some people.

It's even harder in a country town like this one. I know quite a few people with similar circumstances.

So yeah. What do you hate about Centrelink? The fact that it keeps people like me from being homeless? The fact that it supports students?

ce-silly

HSC
N/A
is it impossible for you to move out of country towns?
Tbh it shouldn't be impossible for a nineteen year old who doesn't attend uni or tafe etc. to find a job. There is probably something horribly wrong with the way you are going about your search.

To answer your question: I dislike centrelink as it has a shit system whereby the "bludgers" you mentioned can live off tax-payer funds for years and years.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
is it impossible for you to move out of country towns?
Tbh it shouldn't be impossible for a nineteen year old who doesn't attend uni or tafe etc. to find a job. There is probably something horribly wrong with the way you are going about your search.

To answer your question: I dislike centrelink as it has a shit system whereby the "bludgers" you mentioned can live off tax-payer funds for years and years.
It is impossible to move out of a country town without funds...

I'm not saying it's impossible, but 18 months of solid searching with backup from NORTEC job search agency is surely saying something.

Everywhere I ask about a job it's either "No, and we won't take your resume", "We're only looking for juniors" or "You MUST have experience." Get this, you need 5 years experience to MOW A LAWN in this area.

Though, I am stuck in an area with one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the country...

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
yeah mate but

you probably need something in a field where there is demand

look at the demand, get qualified to suit

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
obviously it seems there is no demand for people with IT and Audio engineering (in your area atleast)

i bet there is demand for people with traffic control cards and forklift licences?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
yeah mate but

you probably need something in a field where there is demand

look at the demand, get qualified to suit
That's just it. There is nothing around here that is in demand lol.

It's that much of a hole. It's either council work, retail or food... And all are hard to get into.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
obviously it seems there is no demand for people with IT and Audio engineering (in your area atleast)

i bet there is demand for people with traffic control cards and forklift licences?
I'm probably going to end up building busses. I know I'll hate it, but it's money.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
aus blues man you should probably apply for different jobs

cf snowfox

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
TBH I think some city people (I'm not pointing the finger at everyone) just have no idea that the rest of Australia is not exactly the same.

I don't live in the "country" per se, more a semi-rural area, but even here I can tell you it'd be vastly different getting a job than it would be in the city. It's just so much more limited.

If you know you deserve the Centrelink benefits, don't worry about what other people say. To clarify, I don't receive benefits myself before people say I'm trying to justify anything.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
its simple
if there are no jobs
u have to move
thats all there is to it lol

or make your own job

also what naisAtoN? there are so many jobs in rural areas it isnt funny

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
its simple
if there are no jobs
u have to move

or make your own job

You can't move with no money...

In some rural areas there are jobs, but that's not the case everywhere.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
its simple
if there are no jobs
u have to move

or make your own job

Lol.

Flying_Penis

Banned
HSC
aus blues man you should probably apply for different jobs

cf snowfox
I dont get it. Austism is not holland? What da fuck nigga?
step 1: GET DA FUCK OUT FROM THE SHITHOLE YOU ARE IN. Borrow money from parents brother some fucker just to get the fuck out. Start out fresh, apply for coles etc etc. Use ur hecs, and get da fuck into uni while u work in retail or something. Find a woman, fuck her. Dump her. Do that again several times. Finally finish uni, find a bitch. Marry her, get ur own place. Fuck her. Get a dog. Fuck him. Leave coles, use ur uni degree to get good job. Dont use condom fuck ur wife, get kids. keep working. Retire, play golf, lose penis power. die

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
there are plenty of jobs in country areas

also how much does it cost to move

not much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)