Centrelink Bashing. (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I will never be on centrelink unless it becomes absolutely necessary by way of terrible misfortune. All accounts I have heard from people who have to deal with them indicate that chewing off my own arm without anaesthetic might actually be less painful.

That said I don't judge anyone I know who is on centrelink because I figure no-one in their right mind signs up for it unless they have to

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
because i only get fucking $100 a week from work
cant exactly get any more work since i spend 3 hours on public transport a day to get to and from uni
and i cant get any fucking centrelink benefits (eg. youth allowance), despite my mum being sick and unable to work for the past 6 months or so
(well actually shes been on and off work for like 10 yrs coz of being sick but lately, 6 months)

fucking shit system

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It doesn't bother me when people who are genuinely financially fucked receive benefits (ie. if they don't get govt. assistance they don't eat). What does bother me is when people who in all honesty live pretty cruisey lives decide they would like some extra money in the pocket for doing nothing.

Sorry but if your parents still support you and your job just doesn't happen to provide enough money for all the nice things you would like to buy that doesn't mean you're in need of benefits!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
my mum was unable to work for the past 6 months due to serious illness. and she has been off and on work like this since 2002.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Wasn't talking about you, talking generally.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It doesn't bother me when people who are genuinely financially fucked receive benefits (ie. if they don't get govt. assistance they don't eat). What does bother me is when people who in all honesty live pretty cruisey lives decide they would like some extra money in the pocket for doing nothing.

Sorry but if your parents still support you and your job just doesn't happen to provide enough money for all the nice things you would like to buy that doesn't mean you're in need of benefits!
In essence, Centrelink benefits aren't a right, they are a privilege for those who need it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
because i only get fucking $100 a week from work
cant exactly get any more work since i spend 3 hours on public transport a day to get to and from uni
and i cant get any fucking centrelink benefits (eg. youth allowance), despite my mum being sick and unable to work for the past 6 months or so
(well actually shes been on and off work for like 10 yrs coz of being sick but lately, 6 months)

fucking shit system
I love my job but I'd love it more if they operated on weekends - I'm in the exact same situation re: balancing work and travel to uni which would be fixed easily by working one more day a week i.e. saturday or something.

I could always get a different job but I highly doubt I will find anything that's as flexible and pays as much. It seems to be either one or the other at a lot of places.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
tbh if you need centrelink to afford food etc and you dont have a disability or something that is stopping you working then you are a useless cunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)