Catholic Church and HIV/AIDS in Africa. (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I'm going to say they didn't do many lobotomies in antiquity and as such there are no such references in biblical texts i can seek guidance from. Therefore I'm going to with what feels right.
Referring to a procedure that would render a person basically retarded is not very Christian of you.

Lentern

HSC
Referring to a procedure that would render a person basically retarded is not very Christian of you.
You might like being retarded you never know, I'd certainly like you being retarded.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I don't see how this:

The black sheep are those who have been led off the path of truth for whatever reason. They are basically good and open to the light. They will go to purgatory upon death until purified sufficiently to again walk with their maker.

The swine are utterly closed to the Christian message of love and hope. They seek only to tear it down to justify their state of sin. Instead of seeking the good in life, they only seek the destruction and egotistical glory of barbarian warlords! As if power is all there is!
...constitutes good posting. We were talking about the effectiveness of the teaching of abstinance for crying out loud.

Sure, he has style, I'll give him that much, but the majortity of his posts boil down to one giant self-righteous,
highfalutin dogmatic ad hominem attack.

Me: You're wrong because teaching abstinance doesn't work.

Iron: You're wrong because you're sinful and you hate love and peaceand aren't open to the light of Jesus!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I don't see how this:

...constitutes good posting. We were talking about the effectiveness of the teaching of abstinance for crying out loud.

Sure, he has style, I'll give him that much, but the majortity of his posts boil down to one giant self-righteous,
highfalutin dogmatic ad hominem attack.

Iron: You're wrong because you're sinful and you hate love and peaceand aren't open to the light of Jesus!

I totally agree with this, but was too scared to say it myself. Iron's little fan-club is quite vicious.

Lentern

HSC
I don't see how this:

Sure, he has style, I'll give him that much, but the majortity of his posts boil down to one giant self-righteous, highfalutin dogmatic ad hominem attack.

It is not for humble beings like ourselves to speculate on the ways of the mighty.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
It is not for humble beings like ourselves to speculate on the ways of the mighty.
See, now I know you're being sarcastic, but who knows what goes on in the mind of Iron? Perhaps he sits at home, thinking to himself "Yes, YES! They love me!"

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Do you think one day we may actually meet his Holiness Iron in person?

(dreams...)

NEO NAZI

HSC
This thread is the reason for HIV/AIDS in Africa.

Heil!

nhg

HSC
TURNING and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity...

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
Its from a poem included in Chinua Achebe's Things fall apart. my question is, why the fuck are you quoting it Iron?! As the fucking weird person you are? If you took anything from that novel it should be that colonialism (but more importantly) religion fucked on Africa!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
How on earth did this thread become #2 on this month's hot topics? It was just a petty dispute between me and Kalamari for Christ's sake. Still, not complaining. Let's see if it can get to #1, eh?

Lentern

HSC
How on earth did this thread become #2 on this month's hot topics?
My suggestion that it be locked was ignored, then with Iron no longer a moderator...when the cats away...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)