• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

cars around 30k? sp23 or civic sport? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
^ Yeah, but if you look at the Honda website, there is no Integra line anymore o_O
WOw.. you're right. How.. very.. perculiar...

Without the Integra... that means both Honda and Toyota no longer have a sports/performance/tuner in the <$50k category. I guess it's WRXes and Lancer Turbos from now on?... or Hyundai Tiburons!

Jiga

Well there are rumours the Supra is making a come back... but ummm dont Honda still have the S2000?

And lol please DONT mention the Tiburon... I shyte you not my 14 year old V6 Camry can easily beat them - they have 123kw (20kw less), 245Nm of torque (15Nm less) and weigh 60kg more!!! Disgraceful "sports" car.

Last edited by a moderator:

CieL

HSC
^ Well.. seremify did say "Honda and Toyota no longer have a sports/performance/tuner in the <$50k category".. and the s2000 is >$70k..

Wow.. I didnt know the Tiburon was that heavy!! 400kgs heavier than my Euro!! [And I complain about the sluggishness when I have more than 2 ppl in my car =.=] I think I'd rape that car too.. I have 140kw.. but a tad less torque since mine is really only a 4cyl..

lengy

HSC
Even if the Supra makes a come back I think it might be designed to compete with the GTR so price range will be similar.

Jiga

^ Well.. seremify did say "Honda and Toyota no longer have a sports/performance/tuner in the <$50k category".. and the s2000 is >$70k..
My mistake.... Toyota I dont think have any sports cars here now

Wow.. I didnt know the Tiburon was that heavy!! 400kgs heavier than my Euro!! [And I complain about the sluggishness when I have more than 2 ppl in my car =.=] I think I'd rape that car too.. I have 140kw.. but a tad less torque since mine is really only a 4cyl..
Yeah the Euro would easily beat it, Ive raced my friends Euro and its prity much even... has alittle less torque BUT it has semi-auto or at the very least a smoother changing transmission, more responsiveness as its newer etc. Worst part is its not like the Tiburon has a way smaller engine then my car at least, its a 2.7L engine... you would expected a new engine like that to have more power then one designed 14 years go wouldnt you or one like the Honda with less dissplacement. Funny though how you see people in Tiburons and they think they are cool in their 'sports car'.

lengy

HSC
Thing with Tiburon's is that reviews say it feels fast to drive. Also the Tiburon has been getting facelifts since last century. It's a bloody old car with lots of makeup on to make it seem new. Hyundai hasn't brought out any new sports coupe designs so I don't know how long they are going to keep the Tiburon since it's just had a new facelift.

Jiga

^

Lol the reviewers must be spastics then.... I have no idea how a 1500kg car with only 120kw can feel fast, it would do the 100 sprint easily over 10seconds. True though about the facelifts, I feel pity for those who are stupid enough to buy that car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Just on a sidenote, the reason I mentioned this is that... well even in the <$60k category, there isn't really much to choose from or aspire to for a young person. Apart from the WRX and the Evo, there's nothing which is that exciting apart from the new breed of pocket-rockets. Call me a ricer, but I think there needs to be more sports cars which look like sports cars rather than the new era of making high performance renditions of normal cars which look normal. Ok, that probably sounds stupid, but as shallow as it sounds, I'd pick the look of a WRX over say a Mazda3 MPS. What do you guys reckon? Without the Integra and the MR2... there's not really much to choose from for a young male who wants something which is expensive to insure :)

lengy said:
Thing with Tiburon's is that reviews say it feels fast to drive. Also the Tiburon has been getting facelifts since last century. It's a bloody old car with lots of makeup on to make it seem new. Hyundai hasn't brought out any new sports coupe designs so I don't know how long they are going to keep the Tiburon since it's just had a new facelift.
My sister's Terios feels ****ing fast even at 60km/h with the combined effect of bumpiness from the stiff suspension, and extremely shaky/vibrating steering wheel... not to mention the engine squealing in a painful manner.

lengy

HSC
My cousin's Honda Jazz feels like it's going 50km/h at 80km/h and an M-Class Mercedes Benz doesn't feel like it's accelerated at all yet I saw the speedo rise sharply from 40 km/h to 65 km/h.

I just have to say, the RX-7 has got to be one of the most beautiful cars ever made as a sports cars that isn't an exotic.

Tuner revheads will have their grey imports. I do miss the Toyota MR-2 SW20 though, but you can get the MX-5 which is an awesome car.

CieL

HSC
^ Never was too fond of the mx-5.. it looks like a giant grain of rice on wheels..

wyho

HSC
N/A
i got a new civic sports!!! 36k with lighting theme, parking sensors, rear spoilers, mud protector, door step metal, floor mats, weather protector shield etc

good deal...

i was wondering if i could actually ask for a honda red logo for the car instead of the normal one? is it possible?

Shimian

HSC
wyho said:
i got a new civic sports!!! 36k with lighting theme, parking sensors, rear spoilers, mud protector, door step metal, floor mats, weather protector shield etc

good deal...

i was wondering if i could actually ask for a honda red logo for the car instead of the normal one? is it possible?
Why not the whole bodykit? I find the civic looks funny in mud flaps with a spoiler. But thats personal taste i guess. Just get an aftermarket red honda. Probably half the price of what Honda sells one for if they do have them for sale.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I also thought it's weird to buy so much stuff.. but without the Honda bodykit.

Man you crack me up wyho... don't worry, I won't quote your "Mugen" comments. Although now I do see why you asked me how to get the Red honda badge.

CieL

HSC
Said in this thread:
Some people dont want 2nd hand cars.

Jiga

I agree in a way... I have a friend who is new car shopping and wants some of these 'sports' models, why bother, wow it gets 5kw more its still crap. Not worth the extra $5k or so even with the added features (mostly useless like spoilers and bigger rims). Id just get one that is cheaper and with the money saved buy some decent rims... would make it look better then paying $5k for bland rims and a spoiler the car doesnt even need and in some cases doesnt look good

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i'd say get yourself a golf GTI. it costs about 40K after on-road costs and is pretty good if you forget that its spare is a space saver and its fuel is fully premium stuff, but many new cars have the same two problems.

stupid tight-ass manufacturers...

try searching around though, whatever you get. you could save a good couple of $Ks just by buying a one year old car, which is practically the same thing with a smaller production number.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
any of you guys ever heard of capa?

you take an xr6turbo, spend like 10k on it and have a 400kw car

not bad when the xr6 turbo is like 45k new.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
veterandoggy said:
i'd say get yourself a golf GTI. it costs about 40K after on-road costs and is pretty good if you forget that its spare is a space saver and its fuel is fully premium stuff, but many new cars have the same two problems.

stupid tight-ass manufacturers...

try searching around though, whatever you get. you could save a good couple of $Ks just by buying a one year old car, which is practically the same thing with a smaller production number.
I don't think it's fair to blame the manufacturers for being tight-ass because they want a higher octane petrol. It just so happens that Australia has crappy standard unleaded fuel compared to Europe- we can't expect them to design cars just for us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)