Career prospects Law/Commerce degree? (1 Viewer)

jon1995

HSC
N/A
I currently first year law and commerce student and I definitely know I do not want to practice law and I was curious what are the different careers that I can do with this double degree? I am thinking of majoring in Marketing for Commerce. I also have a interest in fashion, media and entertainment and was wondering what the different careers in those areas that this degree would open up for me.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I currently first year law and commerce student and I definitely know I do not want to practice law and I was curious what are the different careers that I can do with this double degree? I am thinking of majoring in Marketing for Commerce. I also have a interest in fashion, media and entertainment and was wondering what the different careers in those areas that this degree would open up for me.
Sounds like Arts.

Why don't you transfer to Arts/Commerce?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Remember that law isn't so much about what you learned but what it says about you (e.g. learning ability, high achiever, etc) which can make you a hot candidate for many other roles (e.g. IB).

ameher

HSC
Yep agreed. Plenty of options open up with law due to way of thinking developed through the degree. I didn't think i would be working where i am today after starting the degree.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Come to think of it, less than 1 in 10 of my law friends ended up working in a law firm. Most ended up in finance or accounting.

enoilgam

HSC
Remember that law isn't so much about what you learned but what it says about you (e.g. learning ability, high achiever, etc) which can make you a hot candidate for many other roles (e.g. IB).
Definitely agree with this - having studied Law a bit, it gives you certain skills which are much harder to gain through a straight commerce degree. Your career prospects with this double are quite good, but in this day and age gaining employment depends a lot more on having a strong and well-rounded CV as opposed to your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)