can you join diffeerent lecture? (1 Viewer)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
i was just wondering to see how many, if any, people go to lectures that doesn't relate to theit course? of example. say u are studying law but still have and intrest in physics, so in your spare time you go and attend physics lecture...??

anyone?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes, you can. Though you'd want to make sure it's the big ones, where they don't take attendance. I've been to the lecture's of a few of my friends courses. It's always interesting to see the uni from a different perspective, and get something different to your regular classes.

nottellingu

HSC
i was just wondering to see how many, if any, people go to lectures that doesn't relate to theit course? of example. say u are studying law but still have and intrest in physics, so in your spare time you go and attend physics lecture...??

anyone?
Anyone can walk into any lecture :D
You can sit through a med lecture if you wanted to ;)

John555

HSC
Only for big lectures where no one knows or cares who you are.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
will probably be sneaking into chem lectures and 2nd year lectures to try and glean accelerated info

Lydia_88

HSC
Yes, you can. Though you'd want to make sure it's the big ones, where they don't take attendance. I've been to the lecture's of a few of my friends courses. It's always interesting to see the uni from a different perspective, and get something different to your regular classes.
absolutely agreed!!! one time me and my bro went to my cousins accounting lecture at night time hehe....

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I've been in lectures for:
Psychology
Media Studies
Physiology

Thinking of maybe sitting in on some sociology ones if I have the time.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah definitely, most lectures aren't even full after the first week so it's fine.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
by being in a lecture you're not supposed to be in you are stealing intellectual property from the university which you havent paid for. \
on the other hand, unis are greedy institutions that only care about making money, as seen in the number of international students we have.

Gmac_0

HSC
As if it is 'stealing' - what you pay for is a degree, by sitting in on some random maths lecture when you're a psych student all you're doing is satisfying an interest, you don't sit the exam and come out with a degree. If anything it should benefit the uni as you probly stay on their campus longer and buy food there. Who knows, perhaps there are people who have even ended up doing another degree after they looked in on other classes.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Consider those lectures a free trial. The uni's usually have a period where you can pull out of a subject before paying. If you don't go to many, it's sort of like that. :)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
by being in a lecture you're not supposed to be in you are stealing intellectual property from the university which you havent paid for. \
on the other hand, unis are greedy institutions that only care about making money, as seen in the number of international students we have.
and so we will protest by thievery

witide

HSC
I once sat in a physics lecture with like 20 other people in it.

terminator69

HSC
I am going to take Good Will Hunting to the next level by enrolling as a janitor and secretly studying 5 degrees at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)