• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can you force yourself to fall in love? (1 Viewer)

anyscope

HSC
I don't want any high school answers. No playground love. I want to know if it is possible for you to force yourself into deep, passionate love.

I'm curious to hear your responses.

HSC
Yes.

Girls are fucking good at it.

Also I've convinced myself I actually give a shit about rebounds on several occasions.

Parabola

HSC
You can but the only person you would be fooling would be yourself.

CrazyCong

HSC
nope. as much as someone may love you, its hard to force yourself to love them.
love isnt something you can control

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes. God is love and we are made in His image. In our purest and most perfect state, we have unconditional and universal love for all of God's creation and God Himself, divorced of simple sexual desire.
We cannot only force love, we all want to love everyone! Free yourself from the sinful chains of hatred and bitterness! Go! Unleash your true self upon the world!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. God is love and we are made in His image. In our purest and most perfect state, we have unconditional and universal love for all of God's creation and God Himself, divorced of simple sexual desire.
We cannot only force love, we all want to love everyone! Free yourself from the sinful chains of hatred and bitterness! Go! Unleash your true self upon the world!
I actually don't agree with you.

You can't force yourself to love someone. I tried.

And failed.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
That's because the whole time you only loved yourself and expected love to be when the other person sees how great you are and loves you also.
That's not love. That's the plastic Jesus people invent for consoling purposes

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
That's because the whole time you only loved yourself and expected love to be when the other person sees how great you are and loves you also.
That's not love. That's the plastic Jesus people invent for consoling purposes
Ok.
I made myself fall in love with someone. And all the time I knew that there was nothing there, that we didn't click, but I just kept trying.
Then he sent me a message one day, basically stating what I just said. And at first I was hurt, then I realised what a douche he was.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol how is it his fault that you decided to develop a school-girl obsession with him? Just because he was capable of loving you in the way that you demanded serves as no requirement that he do so. He may have had valid reasons to reserve affection too. Like, maybe he rightly suspected that youre more than just shallow, but actually a bitch, a floosey, an etc?
I'm sure he still values you as a human being, but your values dont sound like theyre compatable with his. I guess this is what I mean when I say that love can be forced; people can change and the values of two people can merge in a genuine way. If they dont, then the love will never be between them

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Ok.
I made myself fall in love with someone. And all the time I knew that there was nothing there, that we didn't click, but I just kept trying.
Then he sent me a message one day, basically stating what I just said. And at first I was hurt, then I realised what a douche he was.
Well that's just weird. I think wait a year or two for love, hmm?

anyscope

HSC
why the fuck would you want to do that
Because I don't know if I'm actually in love with my girlfriend, in love's true sense. Like, I care about her, I miss her, and I want to be with her... and I think I'm starting to realise that you can't force yourself into love, but it would just be so darn convenient...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)