can u cook? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I have a basic repertoire, e.g. stir fry, spaghetti, steak etc

I don't do much cooking but most dishes seem pretty straightforward and if I have a recipe in front of me I can more or less make anything (it might not be pretty or technically brilliant but it will happen and taste OK)

For some reason I suck at making toast though...my toaster is stuck on a setting thats about as hot as the sun and I always forget to pop it up to check

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
There was a time where I cooked a different dessert every Sunday for like... 4 years... :S I loved it, and still do! I don't cook as much nowadays though :/ However, I cooked some delicious garlic and parsley pasta and a gourmet chicken and bacon pizza the other day =D

astroe

HSC
Noodles and anything frozen are my specialty.

I make up the recipe as I go along, for noodles for example. Standard packaged seasoning and flavouring, with egg or a dash of lemon or wine or something. :p

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
My taco recipe is as such:
1x taco kit (inc. sauce, flavouring sachet and shells)
~700g mince
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
1/2 red capsaicum
1 onion

Brown the onion and capsaicum in some oil, then brown the mince, then add the rest of it, simmer it for a while, and hey presto! greatest tacos you have ever tasted.
instead of adding the flavouring sachet to the mince add powdered french onion soup mix. now that is the bomb.

Enchantress91

HSC
Things that I can make:

Vanilla muffin
Chocolate muffin/cupcake
Cheese, tomato n bacon muffin
Cheese, capsicum n bacon muffin
Vegemite n cheese scroll
Peanut butter scroll
Strawberry jam scroll
Greek salad
Chicken avocado sandwich
Vegemite sandwich
Nutella sandwich

Lol and that's about it. :uhoh:

rozymisty

HSC
Well if 2min noodles, sausages and pasta are classed as cooking, well i can do those.....as for other things no, im a bit apprehensive.

HSC
Even I can't eat my own cooking. I once had to have cheese on crackers for dinner when I was home alone without any money.

However, I seem to have an innate ability to make friends with people who can cook a mean dish.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nutella sandwich
I wouldn't add that on the list. Doesn't take much skill to make that (ie, if I can make a nutella sandwich, it obviously doesn't require much skill). :p

But the rest of that list = that's enough to last me about a month with that amount of variety. Awesome. :)

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Ummm... yes? I'm a chef by trade. I'm now enrolling in university to become a food & travel writer.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I can cook most things, I love making desserts and as parents have own business and always work late I am used to cooking dinner. I just watch my mum or use a recipe...

I am a bit apprehensive with complicated recipies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)