Can I get over 80 now if I do well in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

tessery

HSC
Hi guys - currently my school marks are:

Accounting: 92 (final mark, no external examination)
Ancient History: 65
Legal Studies: 65
English: 75
Business Studies: 80

I know right now my marks aren't high enough to get 80 ATAR, but I was wondering, if I worked really hard for the HSC, do you think I could get there?

My main concern is Ancient and Legal obviously. If I wanted to get my mark up to 75, how well would I need to go in the exam? Like an 85?

Any help at all would be greaT!

HSC

I know right now my marks aren't high enough to get 80 ATAR, but I was wondering, if I worked really hard for the HSC, do you think I could get there?

My main concern is Ancient and Legal obviously. If I wanted to get my mark up to 75, how well would I need to go in the exam? Like an 85?

Not everything depends on your 'marks,' how are your ranks? and whats your school rank? In general all three business, legal and ancient have pretty bad scaling.. so if you don't get high 80s or even 90 its gonna scale you down..

tessery

HSC
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure of all my ranks...

Accounting - Ranked 1 or 2
Business - Ranked 5
English - Ranked between 5 - 10?
Legal Studies and Ancient I am not sure, but I would be closer to the bottom of my class

My school rank is 161, i am pretty sure.

I think I can really improve my marks in the actual HSC, I am just worried that I have left it to late. Do you think if I got high 80's in both my Ancient and Legal exam, my marks would improve to around 75? Or would I need ever higher?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Not everything depends on your 'marks,' how are your ranks? and whats your school rank? In general all three business, legal and ancient have pretty bad scaling.. so if you don't get high 80s or even 90 its gonna scale you down..
ma school believes that the subjects u do and ur rank in class doesn't effect ur ATAR?

wat the hhhhheeeeeeeellllll!!!!!!1

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure of all my ranks...

Accounting - Ranked 1 or 2
Business - Ranked 5
English - Ranked between 5 - 10?
Legal Studies and Ancient I am not sure, but I would be closer to the bottom of my class

My school rank is 161, i am pretty sure.

I think I can really improve my marks in the actual HSC, I am just worried that I have left it to late. Do you think if I got high 80's in both my Ancient and Legal exam, my marks would improve to around 75? Or would I need ever higher?
y is ur HSC in 2007?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC

u sat 4 da HSC in 2007 =s

absorber

HSC
They don't scale THAT bad, don't let scaling intimidate you. Legal scales above avg.

absorber

HSC
they do scale pretty bad.
Not everyone goes to Sydney Boys; OK, to qualify that, it's more that the OP doesn't need 100. Scaling shouldn't be a reason not to do well, so don't use it to discourage people

Last edited:

Schoey93

HSC
Not everyone goes to Sydney Boys; OK, to qualify that, it's more that the OP doesn't need 100. Scaling shouldn't be a reason not to do well, so don't use it to discourage people
+ 1

I'd give you ONE MILLION rep points if I could. Timothy just go pwned. :D Way to own someone dude!!!

tessery

HSC
Hey thanks for the help - I did do my HSC in 2007, lol, just to settle the confusion, I was asking for a friend.

mrlevendi

MR Levendi
HSC
hey guys i got my HSC this year ARGHH...i just have a quick question, using the following marks in my subjects do you think i could get above 80?

Legal Studies-83
Business studies-90
Maths General-81
Modern History-87
Information Process Technology-94
English-86

I have no clue on how they judge the ATAR but at the moment im in need of some confidence lol, tell me what you think...much appreciated.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys i got my HSC this year ARGHH...i just have a quick question, using the following marks in my subjects do you think i could get above 80?

Legal Studies-83
Business studies-90
Maths General-81
Modern History-87
Information Process Technology-94
English-86

I have no clue on how they judge the ATAR but at the moment im in need of some confidence lol, tell me what you think...much appreciated.
Guaranteed above 80.

I took the iniative of entering this into an ATAR calculator.. click here for matrix atar calculator

you will receive 93.00~ ATAR if you attain these marks.

Last edited:

mrlevendi

MR Levendi
HSC
wow, well i will be so happy if i get above that, at the moment my aim is above 85, thank you soo much! =D, hahaha lets see in 7 months time what i get lol

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
wow, well i will be so happy if i get above that, at the moment my aim is above 85, thank you soo much! =D, hahaha lets see in 7 months time what i get lol
don't thank me... thnk Matrix/Sam ;)

haha, in all honesty, you should easily get over 85 if that's your standard.. which is a pretty decent one!

mrlevendi

MR Levendi
HSC
thanks =D...I want to do Property Economic and Business at UTS. I know i'll probably need lower marks but still, i would like a high mark as for something for me to fall back upon in case i need to. So yeah i study heaps like 4-5 a night, and its killing me! hahaha still once its over its all parties.

Eddykungfu

HSC
Guaranteed above 80.

I took the iniative of entering this into an ATAR calculator.. click here for matrix atar calculator

you will receive 93.00~ ATAR if you attain these marks.
Those aren't assessment marks are they? That could be quite ridiculous if so.

I got 60%'s in my assessments, and achieved 95+

However my friend, achieved 85+ in most of his assessments, but only achieved ATAR of 84 since he was at a school ranked in 120's

its not accurate to put assessment marks into calculators :/

P.S you can't "guarantee" anything.. there is highly likely, and highly unlikely -.- but I wouldn't give false hope, no matter how high :p.

mrlevendi

MR Levendi
HSC
yeah you are probably right...all i can do is try my absolute hardest and see what i get. But like i said above 85 is what i am aiming for =D

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Those aren't assessment marks are they? That could be quite ridiculous if so.

I got 60%'s in my assessments, and achieved 95+

However my friend, achieved 85+ in most of his assessments, but only achieved ATAR of 84 since he was at a school ranked in 120's

its not accurate to put assessment marks into calculators :/

P.S you can't "guarantee" anything.. there is highly likely, and highly unlikely -.- but I wouldn't give false hope, no matter how high :p.
yer sorry, i can't "guarantee" it.. but it's highly likely anyway.

Btw eddy, what school did you go to? :S

60%+ in your assessments and you still got 95 :fish:

I could perhaps understand your friend getting 85%+ in most but still only an 84 ATAR.. low ranks and poorly scaled subjects.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)