Brace myself for disappointment...? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Seriously, for those who get how scaling works (ie, Lyounamu and Tim Siu), that's great. For others who don't - who the fuck cares - it's not like it's something that you can control (well, not this late in the course at least). It's not as if finally understanding how scaling works would affect how hard you try in an exam - you still wanna get the best mark possible, right?

micuzzo

HSC
Seriously, for those who get how scaling works (ie, Lyounamu and Tim Siu), that's great. For others who don't - who the fuck cares - it's not like it's something that you can control (well, not this late in the course at least). It's not as if finally understanding how scaling works would affect how hard you try in an exam - you still wanna get the best mark possible, right?
+1
who cares bout scaling(unless u were about to choose a subject of course)... go n try ur best.... the best u can do is as good as ur gonna get regardless of scaling.

SophJI

HSC
100 seems kinda impossiable
the biggest jump i'veseen was my cousin
who got 81 in internals and 98 in the HSC

kingdomboredom

HSC
I agree with you. Even if I did know how it all worked back to front, it wouldn't change a lot. Except, I think though, it is comforting to know exactly how it works. Sure, you're going to try your hardest, but it does give a little peace of mind.

muffins16

HSC
You're quite arrogant, and getting high 90s in every hsc exam is very unlikely given your current position. I'm pretty sure though that the performance of 3u maths people in the 2u exams will affect you

You should try to be a little more encouraging to a guy is only asking for help

absorber

HSC
You should try to be a little more encouraging to a guy is only asking for help
It's pretty arrogant to think you're capable of getting 100 in every hsc exam if you've bludged all year in a top school. I think he needs a reality check

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
like everyone said 100 in every subject is quite unrealistic ( though im sure for most of us that is the ultimate dream :p ) but regardless all u have to aim to do is better than most of the people who do ur course. the atar is a rank right ? so its not about what mark u get ( though that makes all the difference ) its about where that mark puts u.

i think u should put aside all this marking/ranking bs ( because clearly its making u upset thinking ur ranks are bad, and thats the best way to lost motivation, by thinking ur already disadvantaged) and just focus these next 8 weeks on studying and covering all ur weaknesses.

study smart not hard, u dont have much time left, but definitely enough to make a difference. u go to a very good school, the standards there are very high, you have a better chance of getting there than most of the kids sitting the hsc, plus u have a goal, now just go and study study study ! HSC is 50% ofcourse u can still get a 95+ uai if u put in ur all from now on!

its a little like that quote ( though its a little corny ) " aim for the moon, because even if u miss youll land among the stars " hehe aww. :D

btw sorry my grammar is atrocious im aware, im just really lazy to write all proper on the net ( & im sleepy lol ). as long as u understand what im saying :)

Bseic

HSC
like everyone said 100 in every subject is quite unrealistic ( though im sure for most of us that is the ultimate dream :p ) but regardless all u have to aim to do is better than most of the people who do ur course. the atar is a rank right ? so its not about what mark u get ( though that makes all the difference ) its about where that mark puts u.

i think u should put aside all this marking/ranking bs ( because clearly its making u upset thinking ur ranks are bad, and thats the best way to lost motivation, by thinking ur already disadvantaged) and just focus these next 8 weeks on studying and covering all ur weaknesses.

study smart not hard, u dont have much time left, but definitely enough to make a difference. u go to a very good school, the standards there are very high, you have a better chance of getting there than most of the kids sitting the hsc, plus u have a goal, now just go and study study study ! HSC is 50% ofcourse u can still get a 95+ uai if u put in ur all from now on!

its a little like that quote ( though its a little corny ) " aim for the moon, because even if u miss youll land among the stars " hehe aww. :D

btw sorry my grammar is atrocious im aware, im just really lazy to write all proper on the net ( & im sleepy lol ). as long as u understand what im saying :)
I believe the saying is "aim for the stars because even if you miss you'll land upon the moon"

Unless you live on a planet where the nearest star is closer than the moon ? :haha:

I'm sorry, that was pedantic of me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)