BOS Showcase: 2006 Major Works (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
Yey for small towns that are the outcasts of society. ;) Well maybe not quite, but it feels like that at times.
Ever heard of Martinsville?
Me neither.
It's near Morisset.
Definately the outcasts of society, :)
Ah well...

shimmy&shine

HSC
BradCube, I just watched your video. It is AMAZING!!!
You can tell all the hard work that has been put into it. Well done!
YAY! *claps!*
Expect a good mark with your one. Could I read your Reflection Statement?

BradCube

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
BradCube, I just watched your video. It is AMAZING!!!
You can tell all the hard work that has been put into it. Well done!
YAY! *claps!*
Expect a good mark with your one. Could I read your Reflection Statement?
Thanks. I just uploaded my RS for you (well and anyone else that wants to read I suppose ;))

http://www.users.on.net/~medowieallens/reflection_statement.pdf

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
O. M. Effing. G.

Bradcube, T___T, I is so jealous of you. You video makes my drama one look so pisspoor it's not funny.

*grovels* Oh great one! Lend me your cinematic greatness! *grovels more*

kalidoscope

HSC
Hey guys! Here's my Major Work.

Medium: Short Story
Title: Vortex

Hope you like it.

I'll have my reflection statement up as soon as my computer decides it wants to accept my thumbdrive and read from it. Damn technology... grumble...

studiousbiatch

HSC
wow certain deconstruction is absolutely amazing. you should be really proud. i would be surprised if this DIDNT make it to showcase...

a lottttt more insecure about mine now though :(

BradCube

HSC
Provided I have the spare time next year, I'm thinking about making a guide for all of the 2007 X2 video students. Maybe a short mini series about editing packages, tools, cameras, technical information etc.

boredofstudies.org and all you guys here have been one of the biggest helps this year and it would be good to be able to pass some knowledge and help onto upcoming students. Methinks anyway.

Thanks for the feedback also, glad your enjoying the work :)

Katie :)

HSC
I haven't read all of the majorworks posted (too much work to do still...) but what I have read (from the first parts of the majority of works) I have not only enjoyed but esteemed - well done!

p.s. if anyone wants to read my majorwork, email me and I'll send it to you (one of the authors who critiqued it said I should consider publishing- so i'm not sure if posting it here will jeopardise that)... if you do want to read it and give me feedback that'd be great :) I am thinking about adapting it into a longer composition after the hsc (yay!)

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
That was a wise move.

I'm considering entering the publishing arena... but after I truly feel I've mastered the craft. There are a few mountains to still conquer! I've been encouraged by amazing, utterly amazing people. Dr Barry Spurr (author, Usyd - poetry, literature, etc) asked to see my work, so yay, I hope I get good comments. And the judge of the Broadway Poetry Prize, Elizabeth Webby, said she was really impressed with my work. So it is these comments that have been continuously encouraging me to write, write, and write.

Also meeting crazily famous poets, and recieving their encouragements and advice, has pushed me along.

I'm going to keep my mind open though, publishing is a very tough, scrutinising industry - and so it should be. So much, that it is frightening. But that's reality. To break the barriers and get published ( I mean majorly published, not the communtiy magazine) is VERY difficult.

Don't ever give up!

Goodluck Katie, and anybody else. :)

oh and Katie, I've pmed you. Can't wait to read your work!

Katie :)

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
That was a wise move.

I'm considering entering the publishing arena... but after I truly feel I've mastered the craft. There are a few mountains to still conquer! I've been encouraged by amazing, utterly amazing people. Dr Barry Spurr (author, Usyd - poetry, literature, etc) asked to see my work, so yay, I hope I get good comments. And the judge of the Broadway Poetry Prize, Elizabeth Webby, said she was really impressed with my work. So it is these comments that have been continuously encouraging me to write, write, and write.

Also meeting crazily famous poets, and recieving their encouragements and advice, has pushed me along.

I'm going to keep my mind open though, publishing is a very tough, scrutinising industry - and so it should be. So much, that it is frightening. But that's reality. To break the barriers and get published ( I mean majorly published, not the communtiy magazine) is VERY difficult.

Don't ever give up!
Well done!! that is so cool! good on you :)

shimmy&shine said:
Goodluck Katie, and anybody else. :)

oh and Katie, I've pmed you. Can't wait to read your work!

yay! hope you like it! its scary giving it away to someone I don't know (but I'm sure you'll be nice :))

cooki

HSC
BradCube said:
Heh, I have no idea what I was expecting to be honest. I think something that was more typical (or at least typical in my mind) for a story, ie. more flowing nature with "he said this, she answered that" etc. I really appreciated the way that it was written as thoughts in yours. It was very reflective of the way my own mind works at times. Either way I thought it was a top job, you'll have to let me know what mark you get once it is all done :)
Oh well thanksssss :)

I just watched your movie and really enjoyed it... =)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
zomg i have tuition with dr. spurr.

didn't know you knew him as well. hahaha but i'm crap at poetry that's why i need it :)

shimmy&shine

HSC
i've only had email correspondance with him. He's published a lot of material for the HSc os her certainly knows what he is talking about.

Wow, he's personally tutoring you. That's cool. You have to share with us, how good he is.

I'm sure your not that bad with poetry. There are certain 'tricks' to deconstructing poetry. Understanding the techniques are easy enough. But that's maybe because I write poetry myself.

J

jhakka

Barry Spurr is scary. I had him for one of my English units last year.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
spurr hates the hsc syllabus with a passion. other than that he's quite good (very expensive though)

princy

HSC
cooki said:
Title: Silhouettes of Lolita
Form: Short Story
Synopsis: An abstract narrative tracing the impacts of a violent and non-receptive father on his daughter as determining the daughter's attitude towards ways of emotional and sexual fulfillment.

Really..just a way of me to put a naked chick on the titlepage of my major work...I RULE!

The Major Work
http://www.f-forge.com?d=YIafjlLhuWVsHUrnmpbv

Reflection Statement
http://www.f-forge.com?d=pFHVQPCsbvqBmldrKWYR

Enjoy chickens!
I really enjoyed your short story! I am glad I took the time to read it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)