BOS Showcase: 2006 Major Works (1 Viewer)

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
pork said:
Hey guys, sorry i'm a bit late - if anyone is still reading this thread feedback would be greatly appreciated - my work mainly focuses on the 4 elements and mans tribal relationship with nature.
ps it looks like aville high pretty much owns the poetry in showcase haha
yeh well here is my MW and RS - i think i probs should have spent a little more time on the RS but oh well
Medium: poetry
Title: Dust Sun Yawnings

View attachment 13576

View attachment 13577
amazing... absolutely amazing.

well fucking done

courtneyrobbo

HSC
luscious-llama said:
After BOS wouldn't let me for the 10th time to upload my Short Story and Reflectionness I found some place to upload it and here it is....

Oh my god, compared with Ninja's it's so plain, so simple.... and now mine feels contrived :|

Um it's derived from many genres... which makes it weird
I think I also left bits slightly too late - never do three major works if you commute 3 hours to school ^_^

To Tear Parachutes
by 17183664...includes Reflection Statement.

http://www.f-forge.com?d=LdUxNBbys8A4pYMl9uc5

xxx
3 hours???? is it worth it?? wow.....im just a coastal country kid, takes me less than 5 minutes and i thought that was bad lol.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
courtneyrobbo said:
3 hours???? is it worth it?? wow.....im just a coastal country kid, takes me less than 5 minutes and i thought that was bad lol.
Lol thats getting there and return... i go by private car, train, bus and walk... :|
It's worth it, it's a performing arts speciality school ^_^

pork

HSC
thanks katykins =) i've been scoping through everyones works and getting a bit worried bout the quality of mine haha, shall be able to read more in depth when music prac is done with though.
keep those MW's coming peoples

nickswann

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Lol thats getting there and return... i go by private car, train, bus and walk... :|
It's worth it, it's a performing arts speciality school ^_^
and that would be newtown? perhaps

Lavenderpup

HSC
Short Story: Echoes of a Forgotten Fate

(Kept on wanting to call it forbidden fate and so much so that I wrote it accidentally on the card and had to cross it out o_O)
http://www.digitalskies.net/school/18-08-06-Echoes of a Forgotten Fate.doc
http://www.digitalskies.net/school/19-08-06-reflection statement.doc

I did a fantasy/sci-fi mix... don't think it turned out too great in terms of concept - time travel? Pftt. And those probably aren't the final versions but I can't be bothered reuploading what's in my email.

JOshy_said

HSC
You Tube - ing short films or video edits

Both Bored of Studies and You tube offer something that its about time us Film makers, at least for ex2, had: A place to Share.
I know some people have you tubed there short films or edits, but to get a firmer understanding about what others are doing, how they are doing it, or how it turned out, I strongly recomend ex2'ers to youtube their experience. Unless you bothered about people stealing your ideas etc, I think its a wonderful place for feedback, tips, or just general comments.
If your short film is you tubed please post a link or the title here, or just make a comment about someone elses, it makes the standard higher and the game more exciting. Have fun!

ps my film was called 'A Comic Idea', so you can search for that if you want.

caaal

HSC
Mine's called 'Que(e)rying the Body' and I would really like to know everyone's opinions on it. Please comment!

Last edited:

BradCube

HSC
cooki said:
Could someone please read mine im really egaer for feedback as i want ot keep working on it out of school...

i posted the links on page 2...plz plz pretty please with a cherry on top :D

- ta
Yours, was the first piece I read. I really enjoyed it. So different to what I was expecting. Thanks :)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA i think i may be the first person in my situation here so read on to feel better about your work!

I actually did not get to finish my MW :( i am a 1000 words and a denouement short for my short story (not to mention the final editing and structure due to the postmodern conventions). what's more for my reflection statement i've just reworded my report to get rid of all the references to my school and teachers. plus i was in such a rush that i typed in the wrong file name for this

I decided to do a complete 360 on my approach and structure of my MW the day before it was due and i guess my rushed attempts to complete my magnum opus *cough* in such a short time span was my downfall. note to any prelim-ers and younger reading this ALWAYS ... TRY ... TO ... FINISH ... THE MW ... TWO DAYS BEFORE IT IS DUE!!! that's what my mentor and teachers told me but i didn't listen so i paid the price.

having said that, my MW is at least readable so i'm posting it up. i want to finish it off when the hsc is over (i'm guessing i still need another week maybe to completely polish it :eek:) when i won't be under so much stress. i guess if i told you guys i'm insomniac would just be a desperate plea for sympathy, so save those comforting emoticons :rofl:

i'd like to take the opportunity to thank my parents, teachers, the english extension two mods (particularly glitterfairy and jhakka .. um there were more last year that have seemed to disappear since), my mentor, friends and family, jessica alba, the producer of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25anhDOoKaA and NESCAFÉ GOLD Decaffeinated for seeing me through this difficult perioid. what? i only want an academy-award winning speech for being the most obstinate, overindulgent EE2 student within two metres of my computer :p

edited PM me if you want to read it !

Last edited:

cooki

HSC
BradCube said:
Yours, was the first piece I read. I really enjoyed it. So different to what I was expecting. Thanks :)
Oh...wow....hmm...

yay :)

What were you expecting :p?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
bobness said:
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA i think i may be the first person in my situation here so read on to feel better about your work!

I actually did not get to finish my MW :( i am a 1000 words and a denouement short for my short story (not to mention the final editing and structure due to the postmodern conventions). what's more for my reflection statement i've just reworded my report to get rid of all the references to my school and teachers. plus i was in such a rush that i typed in the wrong file name for this

I decided to do a complete 360 on my approach and structure of my MW the day before it was due and i guess my rushed attempts to complete my magnum opus *cough* in such a short time span was my downfall. note to any prelim-ers and younger reading this ALWAYS ... TRY ... TO ... FINISH ... THE MW ... TWO DAYS BEFORE IT IS DUE!!! that's what my mentor and teachers told me but i didn't listen so i paid the price.

having said that, my MW is at least readable so i'm posting it up. i want to finish it off when the hsc is over (i'm guessing i still need another week maybe to completely polish it :eek:) when i won't be under so much stress. i guess if i told you guys i'm insomniac would just be a desperate plea for sympathy, so save those comforting emoticons :rofl:

i'd like to take the opportunity to thank my parents, teachers, the english extension two mods (particularly glitterfairy and jhakka .. um there were more last year that have seemed to disappear since), my mentor, friends and family, jessica alba, the producer of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25anhDOoKaA and NESCAFÉ GOLD Decaffeinated for seeing me through this difficult perioid. what i want an academy-award winning speech for being the most obstinate, overindulgent EE2 student within two metres of my computer :p
}

Bloody oath bobness, you ban yourself from BOS and like... you still didn't get it done? REgardless what I did read when you circulated your work to 29539539 Asians, I found it very enjoyable. Lots of love from me the llama.
I also extend an awesome thanks to glitterfairy who in the waning hours of the day before it was due, helped me wtih reflection.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i think it was actually 'only' 50 asians.

i count you more as an aussie .. asian :uhhuh:

caaal

HSC
bobness - on page 29 u mentioned a de seus machina... that sounds interesting but ive never heard of it anywhere before.. maybe u meant deus ex machina?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
oh damn i think it was meant to be that :(

i wish i could edit it :(:(

caaal

HSC
deus ex machina is a greek theatrical device - which charles prestidge king took as his nickname

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
caaal said:
deus ex machina is a greek theatrical device - which charles prestidge king took as his nickname
Yeah :) I believe POE used it in Murders in the Rue Morgue

caaal

HSC
and in matrix etc etc - very cliche term to use now , even in a postmodern self-aware way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)