BOS Showcase: 2005 Major Works (2 Viewers)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
From reading the threads in the EE2 forum, it sounds like we have a very creative and intellectual bunch. In an ideal world, all our works would be published in the Showcase (because we all know they're superior) but reality has shoddy markers deciding what goes in. The solution? We'll just start our own little showcase. Add your major works to the thread and go down in BOS history.

Would somebody else care to contribute first, or shall I start the ball rolling? (My major is in the final stages of editing)

EDIT (jhakka): Please be aware that posting your Major Work involves the risk of your work being plagiarised, however this thread may be useful for critiquing and proofreading. If you wish for one or two users in particular to view your Major Work and do not wish for your work to be accessible to everyone else, please use a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
the hotmail bit was incredibly clever i thought =)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I'm glad you like it. Getting ever closer to conquering the universe... ^^ Somebody should pop my ego before it gets too big.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
I figurd i'd post mine up anyways....

I sprinted through ur work... and i must admit i also liked the 'hotmail bit' very nice

make sure u read the note at the top of my work... before u start laughing

enjoy!!!

EDIT: i almost forgot to add.. lol the second poem may seem familiar to many lol.. *cough* *cough*... i figured it was suitable for a farewell poem (i.e farwell 4 unit...)

SORRY I CAN'T STAND LOOKING AT MY INCOMPLETE MAJOR WORK ANYMORE....so i'm deleting it...

sorry to leave u alone Blessings....

Last edited:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
They're pretty good for first and second drafts. *pinches physician's major and adds to own* No sense letting the genius go to waste. =P

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
666_blessings said:
They're pretty good for first and second drafts. *pinches physician's major and adds to own* No sense letting the genius go to waste. =P
lol.. well now u have approx. 3000 words... jk

by the way i realised there were only about 1400 words in ur major.... is that what u've done so far or have u decided to eliminate some parts?... just curious...

J

jhakka

cherryblossom said:
I'd be a bit careful about putting works on the net before they're due - plagarism!
Put them up the day they're due so there won't be any debates over who came up with what first/
I would agree, however I have stickied this in case anyone wishes to post theirs for all to view.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
In terms of your work itself:

Honestly, I don't think too much of it. I can't really see any original elements of the concept, although if there's something there I'm missing feel free to prove me wrong. Generally the poems themselves are solid, but I think you're not lyrical enough and you don't seem to be actually using any poetical devices. There's room for improvement, as there should be at this stage.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Glycerine will be glad to see that I've removed my major from the thread. There's no point leaving myself open to potential plagiarism if i'm not going to be getting any feedback. PM me if you're still interested.

jaihson

HSC
Hey, I was just after some feedback. If anyone has a chance to have a bt of a read, could you please PM me. I dont want to put it on here. Not cause people may steal, but cause i dont think its real good.

katesaurus

HSC
does anybody hate their mw as much as i do?

if anyone is not busy, rather bored actually and wouldnt mind reading my crappy story and um.. give me some feedback ...id very much appreciate it

please pm me

scoby_2000

HSC
Insouciance said:
We've been warned not to place our MW online for many reasons:

The first being that if BOS sticks a line of your work into google, and it comes up, if they can't work out it's you, they will see it as plagarism.

The second being people will copy ideas - no matter what anyone thinks about talent and stuff, if someone sees something they like, they will take it.

The letter every student in NSW was meant to recieve about plagarism - we recieved it on Tuesday. They made me extra wary.

Instead of posting randomly around the internet asking for critique I have offered to email it around to classmates, and offered people copies to read.

To be quite honest, I'm in this for the marks so I won't give away all my tricks here ;) But yeah, you CAN get good reviews offline and I highly recommend it.
dude wtf...

i dont get this attitude, coz u have done ure work now...there is no harm that cud come to u if they copied ure work...its already been handed it....

the only thing that could come out is people that find ideas from you. so what if its stealing?

a famous person once said

"Good writers borrow. Excellent writers steal"

reading past EE2 works was one of the best forms of research for me 1. coz i saw how bad some were. and 2. i saw wat was needed

i can see no reason to NOT post up your works. you should be proud of what you have made....if your not then you have spent a year making a piece of shit. Im not saying you have to be inlove with it...but we have come so far in this process, this is what it is all about!

you have given birth to a piece of art. Art is to be seen and to be appreciated.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
scoby_2000 said:
i can see no reason to NOT post up your works. you should be proud of what you have made....if your not then you have spent a year making a piece of shit. Im not saying you have to be inlove with it...but we have come so far in this process, this is what it is all about!

you have given birth to a piece of art. Art is to be seen and to be appreciated.
Its not always a question of either arrogance or crap work if someone doesn't post their major work. And its not hubris or arrogance to be wary of it being copied word for word either because even though it might be a stupid idea to copy it, there are possibly some desperate people out there who might. Another valid example of why people might not post their stuff is this : http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=1772916&postcount=31
I know its the reason I'll only show it to people who ask for it, rather than post it on a forum. I'm not trying to censor you or anything, but trying to show you why not everyone may post theirs.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Also, I believe "Insouance" made that post quite a while ago, when less people had finished their works and thus, there was more chance of plagiarism or stealing ideas... while excellent writers in the real world may "steal", the HSC is a very different story... or script, critique or poetry ha ha...

Can this thread be deleted or a new thread started for the BOS 2005 showcase, because this one is littered with crap before anyone has even posted their works.

EDIT: (glitterfairy) I'm on it! Have removed most of the "light conversation", MW's start pretty much on the top of the next page. Happy reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

scoby_2000

HSC
i believe it is important for me to submit my work as i have made a screenplay and there are not enough examples of screenplays on this website...this is why i will submit mine

reading past EE2 is such a priceless method of research...probably the best

if people plagerise then that is their problem. They can plagerise my work, its against the rules but so is taking drugs, drinking at a young age blah blah blah

rules are made to be broken and they WILL be!

and also im purely interested in what others have done.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well I wasn't intending to post mine but since no one else seems to be, I might as well.

No senseless criticism. Not because I don't like criticism but because my work is done now so I don't really care.

Oh yeh and there might be some typos in the major work because I couldn't find my completely edited verision, because I don't know where my pen drive is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)