BOS Showcase: 2005 Major Works (1 Viewer)

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Blackman- read your MW. Overall I liked it quite a bit (considering poetry isn't really my sort of things). All the musical references, both great and small, resonated with me. Some cool and interesting word-choice, like 'plasmic' (and many others), really added to it and gave it a nice rhythmic quality. Yes, I liked the rhythm of it all and the inspiration from existing songs is an interesting choice. Did you write each poem completely based on the songs, like same amounts of syllables and just different words? Could you explain what you did here, because I'm interested. Political undertones were generally the highlight for me. The more 'love', or 'relationship' poems seemed a bit vague to me and I didn't really understand them... that is the nature of poetry I guess. I found myself quite engaged with it, it was an enlightening experience! Good work.
thankyou so much for your amazing positivity. i'm really sorry, the relationship-orientated works might not have had the sense of clarity i might have intended. Essentially my focus was upon harmonic energies exuded by particular musical texts, which i think resulted in a similar rhythm and melody in my works, so each work is loosely based on the songs, though its more upon a combination of harmonies and tone. i'm sorry, that might sound awfully incoherent.

for instance, i wrote a poem using the sort of jaded melody of Scar Tissue from the RHCP, it has similarities in tone, though the subject matter might be slightly different.

i will most definately read everyone's works very soon. i might wait until the weekend, but i promise i will take due care in reading all the works posted within the forum

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
tez0r said:
lol c_james, you started off in a similar fashion to charles prestidge king,
A HUMBLE FOREWORD
a prelude, an exordium, a prolegomenon
Yes, Mr Syllabus advised us to steal. I did so. :p

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Since i started this thread, i suppose i'd better post mine up too. Another collection of poetry for you all to disregard at your leisure.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
don't listen to karesaurus's lies! her short story is just as good as any of the others in here because i've read it personally :p it's good admit it!

katesaurus

HSC
everyone's so very talented its quite intimidating.
my story's too big to post attach.
if anyone is extremely bored and has nothing better to do.. which shouldnt be the case anyway.. then pm me and yeh..
oh well mine is terrible anyway so no one is missing out haha

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i can read minds.... i don't know =/ bos must've lapsed into a state of superlag for a period of time, and i beat you :D hahah

get_born

katesaurus said:
how did your comment get before mine?
that happened to me too - my posts would come up before others- then i'd go back and delete them - weird!

katesaurus

HSC
tez0r said:
i can read minds.... i don't know =/ bos must've lapsed into a state of superlag for a period of time, and i beat you :D hahah
what does your psychic mind tell you now? haha

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
my psychic mind tells me it's time to sleep, goodnight all and expect my MW to be up tomorrow night!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
i would be happy to read any critical responses, they would interest me the most. No offense to any other medium I just want to see how others tackled the task I set out to tackle myself. Examine my cohort lol... when will the HSC end :)

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Thanks Tez0r :)

PS Illmatic I hate mine too! I've refused to read it again for the past week haha. It got worse every time I read it, though I'm hoping that's just a trick my mind is playing on me ;)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Here's my short story + flec statement. Any questions/criticism accepted!

Oh and yes, I know I'm basically the only one to do my reflection statement in report format. Ho hum.l

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
nick1048 said:
i would be happy to read any critical responses, they would interest me the most. No offense to any other medium I just want to see how others tackled the task I set out to tackle myself. Examine my cohort lol... when will the HSC end :)
Yeh I would also love to read some other critical responses. I already posted mine but come on critical response people, post up!

Pointy Ears

HSC
last_chance said:
ok - heres my work - any comments?

Just read your first poem.

"Where the blood of a wise, paints a teenagers hand unclean," =
'where civil blood makes civil hands unclean'

"Doth with their death, bury society’s strife," =
'Do with their death bury their parents' strife. '

I can tell you were inspired by Romeo and Juliet and possibly Dorthy Porter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)