BOS Showcase: 2005 Major Works (2 Viewers)

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
perhaps i would feel this is time for a sort of revelation of our works after submission, so i would like to post mine in this thread as per justin's instructions, i'm not entirely familiar with the concept of linking attachments and things, though i will try.
i hope all of your works all were able to be completed successfully and i hope you all enjoyed the experience of undertaking this course. thankyou very very much

my work was within the poetic medium - i was investigating a sort of transformation of text from music to poetry

edit: i apologise for the removal of the pictures from my work, the computer was unable to upload the large size of the work containing pictures

Last edited:

gorgo31

HSC
Sweets said:
Well I wasn't intending to post mine but since no one else seems to be, I might as well.

No senseless criticism. Not because I don't like criticism but because my work is done now so I don't really care.

Oh yeh and there might be some typos in the major work because I couldn't find my completely edited verision, because I don't know where my pen drive is.
Let me sneak in with: T'was brilliant. Congratulations :)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
black_man said:
perhaps i would feel this is time for a sort of revelation of our works after submission, so i would like to post mine in this thread as per justin's instructions, i'm not entirely familiar with the concept of linking attachments and things, though i will try.
i hope all of your works all were able to be completed successfully and i hope you all enjoyed the experience of undertaking this course. thankyou very very much

my work was within the poetic medium - i was investigating a sort of transformation of text from music to poetry

edit: i apologise for the removal of the pictures from my work, the computer was unable to upload the large size of the work containing pictures
black man, your work is interesting and well-crafted. I could tell you did your research, because the lyrics really did have an element of musicality. Being an Incubus fan, I was particularly fond of those ones.

In the spirit of sharing, here's mine...

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
c_james said:
black man, your work is interesting and well-crafted. I could tell you did your research, because the lyrics really did have an element of musicality. Being an Incubus fan, I was particularly fond of those ones.

In the spirit of sharing, here's mine...
thankyou so very much for your kind words. your story was really amazing. i was drawn into the very amazing sensory sort of feeling in the opening altercation. your research is very very stringent, and the idea of bodies decomposing in the heat is very very beautiful, or perhaps not in the context of them image, but i was very much in awe of it.

the work as a whole is such an intersting literary critique, the airport section was amazing aswell, the idea of a cross-section of humanity

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Now that c_james has covered the post-modern genre, hopefully I can post mine safely :p. I've only glanced through it, hopefully I'll be able to read everyone's after trials! I'm wasting too much time as it is haha.

There's a few random title pages and quotes missing because I never got around to putting everything in the one document. Criticism welcome! (Don't tell me about typos though, because that will freak me out: OMG THE MARKERS WILL GIVE ME ZERO BECAUSE I IS ILLITERATE *slits wrists*)

robo3687

Tired
HSC
mines posted in the script sub forum but i might as well post it here as well

its a tv script

and 'mahue pouri' means 'broken hearted' in maori

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Here is my MW and RS. It is a drama script (play). I had to break it into 2 files- Scene one and two, and scene three and four. criticism would be appreciated. Please! I'd really like some feedback!

Last edited:

scoby_2000

HSC
David_O said:
Art is a misleading term, I would think, to describe the stories that I (and probably some of you) have conceived.

Dictionary.com said:
A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.
....hopefully you have written something of literature...

J

jhakka

Guys, just a quick note. Word documents and PDFs are so much more user friendly than zips. You can't view a zipped folder in your web browser. :)

David_O

HSC
N/A
scoby_2000 said:
....hopefully you have written something of literature...
Wouldn't count on it. ;)
literature
· n. written works, especially those regarded as having artistic merit.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
lol c_james, you started off in a similar fashion to charles prestidge king,
A HUMBLE FOREWORD
a prelude, an exordium, a prolegomenon

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i would put my speech and RS on, but not many others i know have done a speech and others probably dont want to read it

plus, my mind is dead, and i keep thinkin everyone else must be the same and couldnt bear looking at another work

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Blackman- read your MW. Overall I liked it quite a bit (considering poetry isn't really my sort of things). All the musical references, both great and small, resonated with me. Some cool and interesting word-choice, like 'plasmic' (and many others), really added to it and gave it a nice rhythmic quality. Yes, I liked the rhythm of it all and the inspiration from existing songs is an interesting choice. Did you write each poem completely based on the songs, like same amounts of syllables and just different words? Could you explain what you did here, because I'm interested. Political undertones were generally the highlight for me. The more 'love', or 'relationship' poems seemed a bit vague to me and I didn't really understand them... that is the nature of poetry I guess. I found myself quite engaged with it, it was an enlightening experience! Good work.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
fine_ambiguity, i believe you've captured the persona/alice's voice extremely well =)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
the story of a guy that gavve up... you'll understand why i gave up.. XD im crap ^_^ (random crap stuck together.. no real meaning.. no story.. and yes.. that's it :p )

terence please post yours up.. PS. it's gona be a 50/50 for sure :D

illmatic

NaS
HSC
does anyone else hate their work? im really self conscious about mine at the moment - and i fear that if i read over it now ill find all these flaws (which i just have)...

All of your major works look really nice and Sweets im quite likin your idea..nice concept and it's written quite well

when i get the chance to read the others ill do so.. in the mean time ; well done everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)