Biology Syllabus Preliminary Thread (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Discuss current research into the evolutionary relationships between extinct species, including megafauna and extant Australian species

hey is anyone done this dot point? i need some help

HSC
hey kadlil - long time no talk lol =)

well in answer to your dot point, the first thing that comes to mind.. (dont quote me) is the research on amino acid expression in megafauna and modern animals - the more similar the expression the more closely related they are - hope that helps - if u need more detail tell me ;)

P

pLuvia

-neurosurgeon- said:

well in answer to your dot point, the first thing that comes to mind.. (dont quote me) is the research on amino acid expression in megafauna and modern animals - the more similar the expression the more closely related they are - hope that helps - if u need more detail tell me ;)
hey where have you been~~ i need your advice lol

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
lol, dolls, don't be so damn stressed! bio is an easy course okay! just remember:
1. year 11 counts for nothing. you will use basically nothing you learn in yr 11 in yr 12 bio all right?
2. the bio course may look long i know, but you will find that you have plenty of time. if you don't like the way your teacher is handling the course, either borrow or buy a good textbook, manby go through the syllabus dot points individually which is all you need
3. i'm a bit hazy on this, might be wrong but, the Charles Stuart University websote had good notes for HSC bio, covered basically all units bar electives. i don't know whether they have prelim as well, but you could check it out and see.
4. Disregard this is you want but: the attitude you're displaying towards helping others is rather distressing. the purpose of this site is as a forum to ask for help and to help others. Think how you would feel if in every forum you went to everyone refused to help you until you'd shared knowledge with others? we all find bluders annoying, but many people juts need a little help with one or two areas and are willing to help you in return if they can - try to be one of those people

P

pLuvia

silvermoon said:
lol, dolls, don't be so damn stressed! bio is an easy course okay! just remember:
1. year 11 counts for nothing. you will use basically nothing you learn in yr 11 in yr 12 bio all right?
2. the bio course may look long i know, but you will find that you have plenty of time. if you don't like the way your teacher is handling the course, either borrow or buy a good textbook, manby go through the syllabus dot points individually which is all you need
3. i'm a bit hazy on this, might be wrong but, the Charles Stuart University websote had good notes for HSC bio, covered basically all units bar electives. i don't know whether they have prelim as well, but you could check it out and see.
4. Disregard this is you want but: the attitude you're displaying towards helping others is rather distressing. the purpose of this site is as a forum to ask for help and to help others. Think how you would feel if in every forum you went to everyone refused to help you until you'd shared knowledge with others? we all find bluders annoying, but many people juts need a little help with one or two areas and are willing to help you in return if they can - try to be one of those people
what you on about lol :S,

P

pLuvia

we were just asking each other, and are willing to help other people?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
*rolls eyes* reminds me of legal studies..."find evidence for your case children"
kadlil said:
lol. I dont want those bludgers to copy off our amzing work. . How bout i just talk to you on msn or something, or i pm you either way is fine.
omigodwhenover said:
I...am...so...stressed!
we have only just started life on earth, why does the stupid teacher have to drag it out like this???? we are up to fossils and watching a fucked up video, i feel like screaming 'THIS IS NOT IN THE SYLLABUS' but what can you do? i think i will start teaching myself the damn subject but if it is like this next year i think i will committ suicide (not really) it will really stress me!!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
-neurosurgeon- said:

hmmm...your description sounds like the amino acid research coupled with beta chain of haemoglobin - is this what you meant? coz im sure that that research is about using DNA evidence and blood components to identify evolutionary links in terms of humans. then again it was a while ago i did that so i could easily be wrong

HSC
lol nuh - its the amino acid sequencing in all animals - and they count how many diffs are between each organism - say with humans and chimpanzees, the difference would be small, say 2? but with humans and a pea plant - itd be like....40 lol

dun think it has much to do with blood..

Guernica

HSC
ahhh I haven't been here in ages. Hi guys!

Umm so yeah... I'm stuck on this dotpoint:
Describe the selection criteria used in different classification systems and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each system.

jessum

HSC
hey, i just became a tutor right, yr11 bio, and i really cant find anything from back when i did it, which was 3 whole years ago, and it seems trusty hsc.csu. whatever it is doesnt have prelim notes!! where does one find notes on the different sections... i guess i could go to the board website for the syllabus... i just dont wanna turn up and be asked a question which i have forgotten the answer to :p
sooo if anyone knows any links, or anything, it would be mega helpful.
oh and i guess dont go out of ur way if you're exams are coming up.
thanks!!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
lol - i did the same thing doll. started tutoring and then realised id given away all my notes and yr 12 wasn't anything like yr 11. it comes back to you when you start talking about it. there are some notes in the resources section i think

Master Gopher

HSC
Hey hey,
Someone help me!! I'm desperately behind in bio study, the exam is tomorrow morning, and I'm exhausted from doing Eng all weekend. Stupid Gatsby. Stupid Othello. Distracting me from science...

I'm good for 8.2 -4, but I was away a lot in Australian Biota and I can't make any notes yet because I'm still finishing the other 3 modules, and trying to do practise exams and :S.

If anyone has any notes at all for 8.5, even just a handful of dot-points as long as it's summarised, and would post them, I will be eternally grateful. when I get a spare minute I'll post my Local Ecosystem ones which are quite good.

Master Gopher

HSC
Anything on evolution of the Aust Biota is fine, whatever dot point. My assignment was terrible and I missed lots of notes, I don't have much to work from.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)