Bands You Recommend To Others (1 Viewer)

wanton-wonton

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
nah i wasnt kidding - im comparing 80's megadeth to 80's metallica

soilwork are quite good
yehh but i think i've had this discussion before

metallica created thrash.

;)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
like bowman and cherryblossom said muse and led zeppelin- i cant rep cause my ie wont let me connect to websites that are popup boxes

moseley

ive got 2 bands to recomend
-after the fall, there a an australian punk rock band which r like a younger version of jet
-brand new, these guys are awsome, american punkers with heavy emo. got 2 cds out great dudes

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
moseley107 said:
ive got 2 bands to recomend
-after the fall, there a an australian punk rock band which r like a younger version of jet
-brand new, these guys are awsome, american punkers with heavy emo. got 2 cds out great dudes
how is After the Fall like Jet? i don't hear any resembelance....
But ATF and Brand New are both good bands

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
LadyBec said:
how is After the Fall like Jet? i don't hear any resembelance....
they are both painfully lame and unoriginal

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
LadyBec said:
well that's harsh.
When you can play like them, I might actually listen to your opinion :)
i can

how can you listen to typed words anyway

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Nick said:
i can

how can you listen to typed words anyway
don't be a twat, i didn't mean literally and you know it.
Oh, and if you can play like them what on earth are you doing here? actually i don't really care. I'm going to find something just a touch more productive to do with me time.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
LadyBec said:
Oh, and if you can play like them what on earth are you doing here?
accepting the fact that, like them, i have no talent

moseley

lol ok mab its just me who think after the fall and jet sound the same but they r both great bands

ChrisE

HSC
Nick said:
they are both painfully lame and unoriginal
finally someone has said something critical of these bands!. no more un earned praise for these bands please, jet arent anything special and are just a big ball of hype, after the fall are trying to reinvent the wheel and if they are punk rock ill run down george street naked.

digmahstigma

HSC
tool. rage against the machine. the smiths. beastie boys. ani difranco. nirvana. manu chao. sepultura. the mars volta. ben harper. hilltop hoods. the ramones. soulfly. chemical brothers. beck. sonic youth. the flaming lips. primus. michael jackson. nine inch nails. cypress hill. morbid angel. cutting crew. biohazard. [hed] pe. elliot smith. the strokes. mudvayne. bjork. custard. dead kennedys. cog. mudhoney. in flames. bill brag. smashing pumpkins. the clash. tism. eurythmics. pearl jam. red hot chili peppers. the doors. midnight oil. the cure. juliana hatfield. rem. queens of the stone age. no doubt. fatboy slim. u2. the falling joys. von bondies. public enemy. ben lee. the hives. silverchair. catatonia. basement jaxx. a tribe called quest. cosmic psychos. the who. pj harvey. inxs. spiderbait. jebediah. lenny kravitz. ... and none of them knew they were robots. regurgitator. magic dirt. the distillers. jurassic 5. incubus. death cab for cutie. dimmu borgir. thrice. pantera. jack johnson. the music. live. the pharcyde. devo. fu manchu. duran duran. andy prieboy. opeth. at the drive in. moi dix mois. the rapture. weezer. mobb deep. bob marley & the wailers. pink floyd. everclear. veruca salt. frenzal rhomb. the waifs. dream theatre. the hard-ons. sleeper. ammonia. buzzcocks. ratcat. bic runga. even. lush. local h. supergrass. the mad turks. died pretty. billy bragg. the superjesus. pete shelley. the pixies. automatic. morissey.

digmahstigma

HSC
ChrisE said:
finally someone has said something critical of these bands!. no more un earned praise for these bands please, jet arent anything special and are just a big ball of hype, after the fall are trying to reinvent the wheel and if they are punk rock ill run down george street naked.
they're a manufactured band.

manufactured bands suck by definition.

ThePix

ChrisE said:
totally agree with ya buddy...... but i must admit im one of those who owns the jet album......as ud know my cd obsession is one aspect of that, and also because its feel good

they dont push musical boundaries...... theyve stolen from a back catalogue of rock n rolls finest, it doesnt musically inspire me to go out and write the debut Touch n Go album.... but it feels good, ur in the car, whack it on, n sing in the raspy off tune voice just to hav a bitta fun, doesnt do me any harm personally

and u cannot tell me u dont know the words to all their singles, we choke on the amount of radioplay it gets

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
metallica created thrash.
Saying Metallica created thrash is like saying modern pop punk bands are the forerunners of punk, though granted Metallica were one of the PIONEERS of the thrash movement.

I think someone is forgetting Metal Church and Motörhead - bands that released thrash albums in the very early 80's before Metallica (though Lars had a brief stint in Metal Church), dumbass. Also Overkill, Testament, Watchtower (One of the best bands of the 80's I think, and undoubtedly more sophisticated than fucking Metallicas earlier albums... I love their work :)), Coroner, Slayer et al were all recording around the same time as Metallica.

Oh, and I forgot Venom and Hellhammer whom were recording around the same time as Motorhead - they may have been a rubbishy bands, but they did influence the founding of Black Metal and Thrash :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)