• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bach of commerce (1 Viewer)

Ruski1

HSC
N/A
I am looking forward to studying bachelor of Commerce majoring in Economics. Problem is I am not too sure about which uni I should go to :( I have two options: Macquarie University or Notre Dame. Which will be better for this kind of course ?

enoilgam

HSC
I am looking forward to studying bachelor of Commerce majoring in Economics. Problem is I am not too sure about which uni I should go to :( I have two options: Macquarie University or Notre Dame. Which will be better for this kind of course ?
MQ would probably have more options in terms of electives. Other than that, pick the one you feel most comfortable with.

Ruski1

HSC
N/A
What about the employment rate and prestige ?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't got much experience in the recruitment of economics graduates into economics roles but at least from what I know, the MQ course is more well known probably due to the alumni around the place. It also comes back to what you actually plan to do when you graduate (if you know) and what majors/subjects you take in the lead up to that.

enoilgam

HSC
I haven't got much experience in the recruitment of economics graduates into economics roles but at least from what I know, the MQ course is more well known probably due to the alumni around the place. It also comes back to what you actually plan to do when you graduate (if you know) and what majors/subjects you take in the lead up to that.
There arent many graduate opportunities in economics per se. An Economics degree is useful and there are a variety of careers available, but the pathway into them is usually via entry level roles. It differs from accounting/finance which are largely driven by cadetships/internships/grad programs.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know in my firm we recruit maybe one or two graduates into an economics consulting role with an economics background but the majority of people who have economics degrees that come through end up having to do a bridging course for accounting if they didn't meet the prereqs.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Always go for Prestige, ie USyd UMelb . Lazy HR managers always screen by the easiest way, and this is one.
As far as I know, we haven't screened by university- or at least, when I was doing the screening many years ago I didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)