alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Not even going to try to argue because you can't. Same goes for the poster below you, haw haw 'fuck off' how pissweak.
Then why make the point if you can't argue it. Means you have no fucking argument at all.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Not even going to try to argue because you can't. Same goes for the poster below you, haw haw 'fuck off' how pissweak.
no, im not going to even try to argue because it would be absolutely futile.

hopefully you will eventually notice the stupidity of "technology has never been art" and change your mind

philphie

Banned
HSC
guess I'm just a predictable person. Shame, huh. Without your glorification, I cease to have any worth. Want to patronise me any more, or can we close this thread?
haha alex you must've reaaaally loved avatar to keep on coming back to this thread

Grissom

HSC
CecilyMare attempts to appear intelelctual but fails miserably.

CecilyMare

HSC
That is irrelevant to anything, I was just getting a point across that avatar lacks depth and shouldn't be on the top 250 movie list just because they cashed in for the graphics.

boganxcore

HSC

i liked the whole futuristic take on colonisation/capitalism/pantheism, but the plot was a little weak and used action to fill in the weak spots

although the amazing visuals did make up for the plot

Name_Taken

HSC

i liked the whole futuristic take on colonisation/capitalism/pantheism, but the plot was a little weak and used action to fill in the weak spots

although the amazing visuals did make up for the plot
There has never been a movie, ever, in which visuals have been so spectacular to make up for a crappy plot, it just doesn't happen, a pig in a wig is still a pig.

Lord Farquad

HSC
yeah okay you penk

noone walks into a cameron flick expecting super moralising fantastic plotline

you know shit all about film so shush

HSC
Uni Grad
There has never been a movie, ever, in which visuals have been so spectacular to make up for a crappy plot, it just doesn't happen, a pig in a wig is still a pig.
Although I haven't seen it, I will say that the enjoyment of a movie is pretty subjective. Some people don't need a perfectly constructed plotline coupled with expertly written dialogue to find a film enjoyable.

CecilyMare

HSC
Yes maybe enjoyable, but not deserving of earning katillions of dollars (where the hell does that money even go?) or being in the top 10 movie list.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Yes maybe enjoyable, but not deserving of earning katillions of dollars (where the hell does that money even go?) or being in the top 10 movie list.
And who gets to decide whether a movie deserves to earn lots of money or make the top 10 movie list? YOU? Or the general public?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The focus on this film was the spectacular visuals, and nobody can deny that it's one of the most visually amazing films ever created.

To be honest, even if the plot was good I probably wouldn't have noticed. I would have been too busy gawking at the forest.

Ferngully was good.
Pocahontas was good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)