Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
"If you want take this to next level, I'd be okay with that. However, if you don't, that is also okay."

SEXUAL HARRASMENT

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
i wasn't aware that Oakeshott and Windsor's electorates posted the two lowest primary votes for Labor

wtf were those two cunts thinking

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
In documents made public today, Mr Ashby says officials in John Howard's government knew as far back as 2003 that Mr Slipper - who was then a Liberal MP - "had formed a relationship of a sexual nature with a younger male member of staff" employed in his office.

The documents allege that Tony Nutt, a senior adviser to then-prime minister Mr Howard, was told of the allegations "in or around mid-2003".

It says a former Slipper staffer, Megan Hobson, had seen a video in which Mr Slipper "was observed to":

"...enter the bedroom of a junior staff member through the window";
"... lie on a bed with the junior male staff member in shorts and T-shirt and hug the junior male staff member in an intimate fashion";
"... urinate out of the window of the room."

The documents allege that Mr Nutt then told Ms Hobson to "forget all about it".

"The Commonwealth thereafter failed to take reasonable and effective steps to prevent the Second Respondent [Mr Slipper] from utilising his office to foster sexual relationships with young male staff members," the claim alleges.

The court documents also said the staffer in question showed Ms Hobson "scabs on his knuckles where he said he had recently hit a brick wall whilst defending himself against an attack by Peter Slipper during a parliamentary trip to Adelaide".
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-23/new-claims-lodged-against-slipper/3966498?section=qld

Doesn't look good for Labor (currently) or the Liberals for not dealing with Slipper years ago.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
What I don't get about this "acting in the national interest" thing is that, as I'm led to believe, an electorate elects someone who will look after what them and what they want done for them. When you neglect your electorate and their opinions for either your own gains or some vague "national interest", aren't you not doing your job?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I mean it's similar to running on a specific campaign with outlined goals and philosophical ideals and then actually doing the opposite of that

Lentern

HSC
What I don't get about this "acting in the national interest" thing is that, as I'm led to believe, an electorate elects someone who will look after what them and what they want done for them. When you neglect your electorate and their opinions for either your own gains or some vague "national interest", aren't you not doing your job?
It's a rhetorical device, gosh.

Annihilist

HSC
Who saw Bob Brown on qanda just now?

Also has anyone else notices that Australian politics is just one big reality TV show?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Craig thomson has resigned from the ALP. Will sit as an independent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)