• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Primary Votes: ALP 27 (-7) L/NP 47 (+3)
Don't understand how anyone in Labor expected it to improve after they overwhelmingly rejected Rudd when the public overwhelmingly endorsed him.

Lentern

HSC
Bob Brown has resigned, I'm astonished and dismayed. His commitment to compassion, equality and integrity in politics was a source of inspiration during the 11 and a half years of John Howard's brutopia. From Guantanamo Bay, to the Tampa and and AWB kickbacks, Brown was always first on the scene to rail against injustice and deceit. For his absence the parliament will be a weaker institution.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Bob Brown has resigned, I'm astonished and dismayed. His commitment to compassion, equality and integrity in politics was a source of inspiration during the 11 and a half years of John Howard's brutopia. From Guantanamo Bay, to the Tampa and and AWB kickbacks, Brown was always first on the scene to rail against injustice and deceit. For his absence the parliament will be a weaker institution.
That is surprising. Brown was likeable although I am not much of a fan of Milne. Hanson-Young or Bandt would be better as leader.

Annihilist

HSC
That is surprising. Brown was likeable although I am not much of a fan of Milne. Hanson-Young or Bandt would be better as leader.
I think he was the only really likeable Green. I support most of the Greens policies but the people suck.

Annihilist

HSC
Oh you know them do you?
Lol okay, fair point. I don't like their personalities from what I can tell. Most of them tend to just regurgitate the same shit like every other politician. Predictable, disposable and worthless. I suppose I shouldn't really expect much better, but whatever.

Lentern

HSC
Lol okay, fair point. I don't like their personalities from what I can tell. Most of them tend to just regurgitate the same shit like every other politician. Predictable, disposable and worthless. I suppose I shouldn't really expect much better, but whatever.
I find such ready analysis interesting when for the large part the Greens sans Brown are such unknown entities. Granted Sarah Hanson Young and Christine Milne clocked themselves a couple of qanda appearances and Adam Bandt gave a lot of interviews around the time of the hung parliament but I'm someone who follows politics quite closely and I don't think I've ever heard Richard Di Natale or Penny Wright speak. Scott Ludlam is gradually building a profile as a sort of protege of Brown's with his soft spoken, patient style an obviously Lee Rhiannon has a decent profile from her time as NSW leader but on the whole I know very little about Ludlam, Di Natale, Wright, Waters, Seiwert and Bandt and really I'd be surprised if you did.

Lentern

HSC
is penny wright or wong?
It's like everywhere else in the world people are tip-toeing round it, hoping they can keep up the facade that they haven't spotted the lame elephant in the room and then burst in trip over and fly head first into the elephants arse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)