• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (2 Viewers)

HSC
Re: If someone votes for labor at the next state election, are they retards? srsly.

You can't have a war if no motherfucker is left to fight you.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Re: If someone votes for labor at the next state election, are they retards? srsly.

Preferences aren't terribly compulsory in federal either, from what I remember.

I agree with your points, though.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Only need mark 1 for Cth senate
HoR need fill the lifeboats man. They're tested w the weight of 70 men

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Musk said:
they are, thats why the force you to number all the boxes
Oops.

HSC

Musk said:
they are, thats why the force you to number all the boxes
John, please tell me you numbered your lower house correctly [for Preference p : theBallot]{
inc
}

If you're doing senate, you need to [for BelowTehLyine l : themCunts] numberoINcro;

Assumptions: Generic ADT's for ballots

further assumptions; you numbered 1 - 73 for Upper house.

You numbered 1 -> whatever lower house

otherwise you got owned doggg

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Re: Australian Politics Chatter Thread

Do any of you guys think Labor is going to be a 1 term government? I think so, because if the censorship passes through parliament, all hell will break loose. ;)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Turnbull's an excellent candidate, but I cant imagine it

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC

Lentern

HSC

chicky_pie said:
Do any of you guys think Labor is going to be a 1 term government? I think so, because if the censorship passes through parliament, all hell will break loose. ;)
If anyone could do it Turnbull could, but not even he can.And from a political perspective Rudd has been far more sensible in his opening year than Howard or Whitlam were. No, the smartest thing for the coalition would be to treat 2010 as a write off, work on a two term approach, put Malcolm on ice, get someone who is unelectable to contest the election, lose terribly but also land several blows on Rudd like Latham and Hewson both did to their respective opponents, then because the deadweight has made an embarrassment of himself by suffering the worst defeat since once upon a long ago you can banish them to the backbenches where they can cause no more trouble.

If Costello planned to bow out at the next election perhaps he'd be the ideal kamikaze, but I doubt he'd want to carry a cross that puts his name alongside Latham and Hewson, in truth he doesnt' deserve it, if he did run it would be a Beazleyesque campaign, close but no cigar. Abbott could do it, I just wonder if he's piercing enough to land any considerable blows. Now the elder Bishop, there is a woman whom although unelectable herself could leave plenty of holes in Rudd's third election.

Plus if Turnbull waited until then he wouldn't have the Costello sitting behind him leaving a third of the liberal party wondering why he isn't doing it. Trouble is when should you install him, ideally about twelve months out from an election, but after losing a landslide election Bishop couldn't seriously continue for two years, you'd need a stop gap leader, like Beazley the second, perhaps a Nelson the second could do it.

Still my prediction is Turnbull will lose a close election, the liberal right will blame it on his moderate stances and turn to someone else, with Nelson probably still a bit wounded from his first turn the younger Bishop looks like the most likely there although Mr Hockey might have built up a stronger following by then.

HSC

Hockey's the leader of the moderates, though.

Lentern

HSC

youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Hockey's the leader of the moderates, though.
He's very partisan though, he likes making grand, agressive speeches in the parliament alla Costello.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Interesting. Not a total surprise, but Liberal was an actual option. They would of had 40% of the cabinet positions with Liberal, and Liberal had a competitive environmental record, from memory. It wouldn't be the first time, either - Greens formed government with Liberals in Tasmania in the 90's.

What did Labour offer them? I would hope it's at least once cabinet position.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Greens would have been absolutely roasted for even suggesting to their voters that they'd form minority gov w libs.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

From another article:

"It is believed the Greens will not take a place in cabinet, choosing for its four members to remain on the crossbench. "

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Ahahaha

We wanna be like Peter Pan,
We don't wanna grow up !
Wanna stay kids as long as we can,
that's our plan ! Pretty neat plan !
Then when it's time to be a man,
we're not gonna grow up !
Gonna stay kids like we began,
Just like Peter Pan !

Bein' a man means you gotta show up
for work each day in a shirt and a tie ! Yuck !
Bein'a man means you gotta call up
your friends and say, "Can't stay ! Gotta fly !" Yuck !

We got an even neater plan,
sit down and listen up.
We all oughta be like Peter Pan,
we don't wanna grow up !

We never, never, never, never,
never, never, never, never,
ever wanna grow up ! Yuck !

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Rafy said:
From another article:

"It is believed the Greens will not take a place in cabinet, choosing for its four members to remain on the crossbench. "
Interesting. I can see the benefits of doing that, but time will tell if it works to their advantage. In retrospect it's probably the best move to make in a government where your voters aren't fond of either side.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

20years later: Greens win election, but decide to slink to backbench like the gutless slime they are. They blamed their lack of balls on years of government policy failure

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Iron said:
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

20years later: Greens win election, but decide to slink to backbench like the gutless slime they are. They blamed their lack of balls on years of government policy failure
Funny, but for some reason the inane ramblings and predictions of a delusional religious conservative don't bother me much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)