Atar estimate please! (: (1 Viewer)

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Hey guys,

Would appreciate it very much if I could get an ATAR Estimate.

Code:
[B][U]SUBJECT	            RANK      MARK[/U][/B]
English Adv         2/148     93%
IPT                 3/17      84%	
SDD                 1/12      95%		
General Maths       8/67      81%	
Business            20/55     76%

[B]School Rank:[/B] 160-170
Please note I have already done the Croatian course and recieved 86, which scales to about 60-65 (I guess my backup for business). Really trying to improve business and maths as I have had bad starts. My school has a lot of people, I think our cohort is better than last years. And yes, I know my subjects scale poorly. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

Would appreciate it very much if I could get an ATAR Estimate.

Code:
[B][U]SUBJECT                RANK      MARK[/U][/B]
English Adv         2/148     93%
IPT                 3/17      84%    
SDD                 1/12      95%        
General Maths       8/67      81%    
Business            20/55     76%

[B]School Rank:[/B] 160-170
Please note I have already done the Croatian course and recieved 86, which scales to about 60-65 (I guess my backup for business). Really trying to improve business and maths as I have had bad starts. My school has a lot of people, I think our cohort is better than last years. And yes, I know my subjects scale poorly. Thank you in advance!
Based purely on percentages, right now an approximate ATAR of 85-88. Your school is ranked fairly well so overall your rankings are quite good; especially in Ad. English. However, you need to desperately improve your rank in Business and preferably General Maths (i.e. top 3-5) if possible to ensure 90+. And in terms of percentage, your Business Studies and General Maths marks are atm bringing your ATAR down significantly and it wouldn't hurt to do better in IPT exams as well. Hope this helps.

Kralex

HSC
nothing over 70 you gronk :p That English rank and mark is apalling Mak :)

90+

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Low - Mid 80s. Higher if you do what i suggest below.

You need to improve your marks and ranks, especially for Business. Also try and improve your results for general maths and IPT. Do that and you should reach/pass the 90 mark :)

Kralex

HSC
Low - Mid 80s. Higher if you do what i suggest below.

You need to improve your marks and ranks, especially for Business. Also try and improve your results for general maths and IPT. Do that and you should reach/pass the 90 mark :)
I think he should be fine for General Maths. Our school boasts a percentage of 50+ of General Maths students achieving band 5/6.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I think he should be fine for General Maths. Our school boasts a percentage of 50+ of General Maths students achieving band 5/6.
General scales down horribly though, coupled with the other subjects = not great news. So i'd recommend trying to aim for a 95+ in general maths if you want an ATAR greater than 90.

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies.

Yeah, I really need to improve business and general maths. For IPT, rank 1 is ahead of me by < 5%, so I will try and improve there. For general maths, I think I can break the top 5. Business is pissing me off, hopefully I try about rank 15th and then maybe 10th. Was playing around with the calculator and was hoping to get these kind of HSC marks minimum...

English Advanced: 90
SDD: 90
IPT: 88
General Maths: 85
Business: 83

The calculator shows approx 88-90 ATAR. So maybe get IPT up to a band 6 and bump up general a bit also. Really nervous about business :( Thanks everyone once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)