Asthma Puffer (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
So, would I be allowed to have my Asthma puffer on my desk? If I needed to use it would I have to leave the exam for a second or just use it at my desk?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I've been wondering this same thing. I took it to my trials and UMAT. :/

muzeikchun852

HSC
don't leave your desk. you will look like you are cheating or something. I think using while you are doing your exam is fine.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's a medical thing, so it should most definitely be allowed. But be prepared to open the cap so you can prove you haven't smuggled a slip of paper in the puffer. :p

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Strictly speaking, you should have applied for provisions to use medication during an exam.

However, you should be OK if you advise the supervisor before the exam that you have it, and may need to use it.

2011_

HSC
Anyone know if chewing gum is allowed?

2011_

HSC
Gum is allowed at our school but I know you can't eat in HSC exams so perhaps gum isn't allowed there?

herbs1

HSC
Yeah, it's a medical thing, so it should most definitely be allowed. But be prepared to open the cap so you can prove you haven't smuggled a slip of paper in the puffer. :p
if someone was keen enough to smuggle notes, they'd spend the night before lying on their back with a tube of hand lotion and some gladwrap, thinking of england.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
if someone was keen enough to smuggle notes, they'd spend the night before lying on their back with a tube of hand lotion and some gladwrap, thinking of england.
I don't understand this reference.

D94

HSC
N/A
You should have all applied for special provisions, even though you probably won't get anything extra, at least the Board has been notified of your medical condition. Anyway, just let the Presiding Officer know prior to the exam.

Starfriend

emancipation
HSC
youll be fine bringing in an asthma puffer into the exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)