are you rich? if yes, you're automatically a liberal voter. (1 Viewer)

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Don't listen to him comrades, he is regurgitating the lies spun by messers Fahey and Costello eleven years ago. The GST was known amongst Packer, Stolkes, Murdoch etc as the "Great Stuff treasurer" reform. Lining the pockets of the aristocracy whilst the common man struggled to make ends meet. The real Australians, the local hero's were the ones who got hit hardest by the GST, Mr Louie and his little corner store grocer, Sam the electrician down the street with three kids and a mortgage, they recived no income tax relief from this final solution of Costello's, instead they just had to pay ten percent more on their sons soccer boots. The incentive to earn was an insult to working families allaround the country, to suggest they were not trying to earn as much as they ethically could, the GST did nothing to ease the squeeze on working families, it may have placed greater prizes at the top of the ladder of opportunity, but it also turned that ladder into a greasy poll. Shame Howard Shame.
Wtf, are you Krudds troll??

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
lol.
My folks are reasonably rich. They were also outraged when I told them that if I had been of voting age in 07 then I probably would have voted for Ruddkip.

HSC
what is reasonably rich? or rich?

household income above 100K ? 200K? 500K?

Last edited:

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lol.
My folks are reasonably rich. They were also outraged when I told them that if I had been of voting age in 07 then I probably would have voted for Ruddkip.
Hahaha. Same here. Mum flipped when she found out that my dad voted KRudd although not because of this stereotype we seem to fit into.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
On a global scale, everyone in Australia is exceedingly wealthy. We have great public wealth, the libraries, parks, public education, transport and health care etc. This is our shared wealth.

Everyone except aboriginies.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
A household income of 100k is only 50k per parent (in a traditional family unit) which isn't exactly much... I'd say 180-200k +.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
This is true, but does the ATO factor this in when compiling the list of wealthiest suburbs based on combined income? Generally speaking, suburbs with greater combined incomes have better houses and therefore better assets?

I don't think you will find a person sitting on 50k/year sitting on a property worth millions because of the maintenance on such a property, they may be sitting on great land as a result of inheritance but even so these instances are becoming rarer every day.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
On a global scale, everyone in Australia is exceedingly wealthy. We have great public wealth, the libraries, parks, public education, transport and health care etc. This is our shared wealth.

Everyone except aboriginies.
Well there's also the fact that we're one of the richest countries in the world per capita. You know, in terms of money... ;)

We're about 10th richest per capita (amongst all the Scandinavian states) when you exclude microstates and Gulf states (wildly uneven wealth distribution).

Supposedly it's pretty expensive to buy things domestically, though? I suspect this is a compensatory mechanism of the market to maintain equilibrium, since you see it often for developed economies (lower PPP GDP than actual GDP) while developing economies experience the inverse (i.e. higher PPP GDP than actual GDP).

*Minka*

HSC
My family would be considered wealthy by most standards and we all vote Labor.

Stereotype = flawed.

HSC
if i were a rich krudd
na na na na na na na na na
see if i had all the stimulus money in the world
if i were a weatly krruuuudddddd

geesauce

HSC
i am not rich but i am comfortable yet i am a strong labor supporter.
what does that make me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)