Are you considered dumb if you get tutoring? (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Yeah well that's a sort of belief in my family but I'm considering getting tutoring. Oh yeah and where do you guys get tutored is you do get tutored? I'm looking for an institution which will give me value for money.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I get tutored because I'm dumb. I go tutoring for Maths in some place in Fairfield. Why? Because maths is about brains nowadays :(

HSC
Uni Grad
If you get tutored in year 12 it's cos you're dedicated/diligent/smart etc, I didnt but def should have for maths. Before year 12 it's pretty much a waste of time imo.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ What he said.

The 'dumb' students usually come from parents who don't really care and will just let them be. Tutoring is for those who are good students who want to get better.

From what I hear, tutoring is great because you get extra questions - and the more questions, the better. It drills it into the head.

Tofuu

HSC
^have to agree

you only get tutored because you're serious OR you have asian parents

gracee09

HSC
not everyone is a genius....at some point someone will not understand something and might need a tutor...just because you go to a tutor doesn't mean you're dumb. i actually think that you'd be smart going to a tutor instead of just ignoring the fact you don't know something.

just remember that not everyone is perfect.....

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
tutoring can also be for smart students who want security in that they are learning everything and not missing out on details. Everyone is bound to have problems in their courses, particularly in maths and sometimes teachers have to draw a line. Sometimes this occurs in English as well. Its always nice to have different people's inputs in an essay and whether something works or not.

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
i agree with all the above posts. I get tutored by neighbour, who is also a teacher at St Johns High. Great advantages of having a neighbour as a tutor haha. Around which area do you live in?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
tutoring can also be for smart students who want security in that they are learning everything and not missing out on details. Everyone is bound to have problems in their courses, particularly in maths and sometimes teachers have to draw a line. Sometimes this occurs in English as well. Its always nice to have different people's inputs in an essay and whether something works or not.
Yes - the only reason i got tutoring was for security because i got new dodgy teachers and because i wanted to accelerate my learning a bit relative to the class :)

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Yeah well that's a sort of belief in my family but I'm considering getting tutoring. Oh yeah and where do you guys get tutored is you do get tutored? I'm looking for an institution which will give me value for money.
only retards get tutoring, so you are an excellent candidate

elmoateme

HSC
You aren't dumb if you get tutoring, but by no means do you need tutoring to do well in the HSC. If its maths or a science based subject see your teacher first if you need help with something before going to a tutor, their job extends beyond merely the classroom. Also, some school have scheduled periods where teachers are free purely for the purpose of extra tutoring if students need it, so that may be helpful especially if you talk to a different teacher since you often just need something explained in a different way which appeals more to your learning style.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Tutoring is great
And just as with everything other great thing in this world, there will always be critics

Tutoring can be used as 'forced motivation', forcing you to study even when you've lost focus at school
Tutoring can be used to catch up on work that you've missed out on school (for whatever reason)
Tutoring can be used if you feel your school is too slow and you want to get ahead, but you're not sure how to study yourself
And last but not least, tutoring can be used if your teachers are shit :p

Depends how willing you are to spend money I suppose

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
People get tutoring for all sorts of reasons.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Tutoring is an absolute waste of money.
It is usually for hypocrites.

have beaten those who did tutoring.
they could have spent 15 hours a week of tutoring on better things to do.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Tutoring is great
And just as with everything other great thing in this world, there will always be critics

Tutoring can be used as 'forced motivation', forcing you to study even when you've lost focus at school
Tutoring can be used to catch up on work that you've missed out on school (for whatever reason)
Tutoring can be used if you feel your school is too slow and you want to get ahead, but you're not sure how to study yourself
And last but not least, tutoring can be used if your teachers are shit :p

Depends how willing you are to spend money I suppose
This.

Tutoring is an absolute waste of money.

It is usually for hypocrites.

have beaten those who did tutoring.

they could have spent 15 hours a week of tutoring on better things to do.

Not everyone's as much of a genius as you Uncle (btw this is not sarcastic)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol
uncle and his spazzing out on nerds/tutoring/selective kids =)
dont know if hes one though

technicolour

HSC
Tutoring isn't just for dumb people. It can help a lot with things like English because you get some different perspectives. It can really help if you have confidence issues with writing and expression. Having said that, those people who are coming first in the year for everything and need no help whatsoever but still feel the need to act superior because they're being tutored...that is a complete waste of time and money.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
This.

Not everyone's as much of a genius as you Uncle (btw this is not sarcastic)
dont have to be.
if you can find more efficient methods of studying, tutoring would not be necessary.

lol
uncle and his spazzing out on nerds/tutoring/selective kids =)
dont know if hes one though
targeting tutoring and selective kids.
just the successful underdog who was free from the influence of either.

No at my school, it was mostly the smart peeps that got tutors.
ironic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)