• Total voters

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
fuck sketchup.
but sketchup + vray = sex

kenny.

HSC
lol we started doing some 3d models on sketchup. share some ideas, post some of ur stuff =D :p

angmor

HSC
kenny. said:
lol we started doing some 3d models on sketchup. share some ideas, post some of ur stuff =D :p
ill be developing the interior of this in sketchup and ill post it up on my blog soon as im done

simply.me

HSC
angmor ur design look's amazing !
im thinking of doing architecture too but i can never picture myself making something like that .. plus the uai is pretty high :S
i was also curious on asking do u have exams in uni in architecture or is it just major projects ? and are all the projects group work?

zingerburger

HSC
Nah, there aren't any exams, just heaps of assignments. So that is either good or bad depending on what you prefer. But I suppose it's always comforting to know that you won't have to do alot of "cramming" if the situation ever called for it.

The vast majority of projects aren't group work as far as I know. There's a fair bit of collaboration with others, but it's solo work most of the time.

Last edited:

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
vray mmmmmmmm never used but heard it is sexy, been using flemingo, and thats ok

Last edited:

xxPanDa

HSC
so i geuss flamingo and vray is a rendering program?

mmm which one should i get, for free:D i dunno how to use rendering stuff

Fat Fung

HSC
i am obssessed with Arch as well.
@ UNSW or UTS

wanna do BArch and actually do the test as a registered Architect,
not jst a normal draftman (CADbot)
not up myself, but i think i sorta got a talent on this field, 1st in yr 9 and 10 Graphics Tech (aka Tech Drawing). a dream since a little boy in yr 6

but i am too dumb =[
dunno if i could get in with the required uai

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
Fat Fung said:
@ UNSW or UTS

not up myself, but i think i sorta got a talent on this field, 1st in yr 9 and 10 Graphics Tech (aka Tech Drawing). a dream since a little boy in yr 6

but i am too dumb =[
lol i am sorry to say, but you basically broke the most important rule of being a good architect, you doubted yourself. If you say you are too dumb, then you are.

My good tutor told me to defend your thoughts and design, no matter who critizes it, even himself and the lecturer. If you don't fight for it, no one will.

Which leads me to this guy named Mike, who happens to mis-interpret that phrase, and decides to argue with the tutor for 30 minutes defending his ultra shit design. The tut was just trying to improve his design, and he gives 4000 reasons why it should remain looking like crap. the tut lost patience and told him to "shut the fuck up and listen". Was funny as hell.

Moral of the story is (fill in blank)

Fat Fung

HSC
williamycai said:
lol i am sorry to say, but you basically broke the most important rule of being a good architect, you doubted yourself. If you say you are too dumb, then you are.

My good tutor told me to defend your thoughts and design, no matter who critizes it, even himself and the lecturer. If you don't fight for it, no one will.

Which leads me to this guy named Mike, who happens to mis-interpret that phrase, and decides to argue with the tutor for 30 minutes defending his ultra shit design. The tut was just trying to improve his design, and he gives 4000 reasons why it should remain looking like crap. the tut lost patience and told him to "shut the fuck up and listen". Was funny as hell.

Moral of the story is (fill in blank)
well, i am only doubting my ability to do well in da HSC to get into B Arch =[,
i wont doubt my design, and i am more than willing to accept good and bad comments.
but I am will do my best of what I am capable of to get in the course

Last edited:

angmor

HSC
Fat Fung said:
@ UNSW or UTS

but i am too dumb =[
come to UNSW! i didnt even know UTS offered a professional degree in architecture.

yo people, link your architectural blogs here so we can see your work ^^

Fat Fung

HSC
angmor said:
come to UNSW! i didnt even know UTS offered a professional degree in architecture.

yo people, link your architectural blogs here so we can see your work ^^
yar ~~ i wanna go UNSW too =]
similar to UNSW, you can do MArch after you finish BArch

angmor

HSC
Fat Fung said:
yar ~~ i wanna go UNSW too =]
similar to UNSW, you can do MArch after you finish BArch
yup apparently alot of unis are changing to this model of architectural education that allows an undergrad to go straight into masters...but its increased the course period to 5 years for unsw so thats a downside for me + you still have to do the external raia exam after that

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
angmor said:
yup apparently alot of unis are changing to this model of architectural education that allows an undergrad to go straight into masters...but its increased the course period to 5 years for unsw so thats a downside for me + you still have to do the external raia exam after that
i think all arch courses in unis are professional reconised, well uts is as well, read the uac guide, it says which are professional. i know that interior design isn't professional. anyways about masters, its was 7 years, now its dropped to 5. theres no such thing as a bachelor of architecture. for me only bachelor of arts in architecture for 3 years, then i get my masters. i haven't had time to upload some awesome works we had. i should post the ppl who got hd's up sometime and tutors works. damn they are insane1!! but but i got hd for this sem for design...tho i think i might have failed construction. lol construction is so fucking lame. do you guys do details and shit in unsw? cos seriously, over here, they hand us a assignment and its go figure it out from scratch, you have 5 weeks. good luck. thats seriously how it is, the tutors don't help with shit in construction and detailing. i am so angered when i think about it!!! aarrrhhahrhrhahrr.

angmor

HSC
williamycai said:
i think all arch courses in unis are professional reconised, well uts is as well, read the uac guide, it says which are professional. i know that interior design isn't professional. anyways about masters, its was 7 years, now its dropped to 5. theres no such thing as a bachelor of architecture. for me only bachelor of arts in architecture for 3 years, then i get my masters. i haven't had time to upload some awesome works we had. i should post the ppl who got hd's up sometime and tutors works. damn they are insane1!! but but i got hd for this sem for design...tho i think i might have failed construction. lol construction is so fucking lame. do you guys do details and shit in unsw? cos seriously, over here, they hand us a assignment and its go figure it out from scratch, you have 5 weeks. good luck. thats seriously how it is, the tutors don't help with shit in construction and detailing. i am so angered when i think about it!!! aarrrhhahrhrhahrr.
Basically all we did in first sem in unsw was design on computers, ie sketchup, unreal tournament etc. then 3 other subjects - research, history and environment. ill be doing construction next semester. hopefully the tutors are more helpful with that lol.

xxPanDa

HSC
angmor said:
Basically all we did in first sem in unsw was design on computers, ie sketchup, unreal tournament etc. then 3 other subjects - research, history and environment. ill be doing construction next semester. hopefully the tutors are more helpful with that lol.
angmor

man ur sig, look maddd

you dont learn to do that stuff in first year right? cause i didnt LOL
you gota teach meeeeee, or hook me up, give me some links to learn
please?

i remeber last year, i think were the first to test drive the course, liek lab rats, we were cursing sketchup, unreal tournament etc., those moleskin sketchs, patternss argghhh, glad its over:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)