Architecture!!! (1 Viewer)

What Uni Are You Going To?

• Total voters

axie

HSC
N/A
Its pretty high, Newcastle has about 98% employment after three months of graduation. I think its pretty similar at most unis. Finding jobs, at least in this economic climate, isn't that bad at all. That said, salary rates are another matter altogether, most of the time you're better off working at maccas ...

xxPanDa

HSC
do you think there could be a chance... somehow.
archis will suddenky be needed, and salaries rise ^^?

SureBluff

HSC
wow, has this thread gone off track or what?

okay any 06 highschool graduates here thinking of doing architecture in 07?

btw. usyd is totally for me, mainly because I really like the course outline, the neogothic design of the buildings are totally sexy (love the atmosphere).

also, its more recognised which is always a good thing, after a few years of work in Australia, I think I might move to China, Shanghai. mainly because I was born there and thats where all the action is gonna be :haha:. Everyone knows australia has too many architects.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
I have joined the club for arch!!!
Got BAArch@UTS for 2007!!!

LOL same prefs as ckyo

pref 1. BAArch@UTS
2. Barch@UNSW
3 Barch@USYD

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
xxPanDa said:
i going UNSW

accepting online.................right NOW
so what made u finally choose unsw?
tell us how it is there later on this year...
( better be bad ! lol jks)

What is really annoying right now is that i have the uai, but have i picked the wrong choice? hopefully not....

xxPanDa

HSC
williamycai said:
so what made u finally choose unsw?
tell us how it is there later on this year...
( better be bad ! lol jks)

What is really annoying right now is that i have the uai, but have i picked the wrong choice? hopefully not....
i like the modern look of UNSW FBE buildng lol
UTS building...

a side from that , my parents are telling me UTS is not good
basically anyone with money can get into UTS insearch, domestic fee scheme
she aid it was TAFE before?!?!? is that true?
i also have a friend at UTS, not happy with archi at UTS, wanting to transfer

UNSW is "internationally recognised"(not sure about that..) they have overseas transfers, which i like. ad i also have friend doing archi at UNSW alreadyy..

so yeh.. my main influence would be family and friends..

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
xxPanDa said:
i like the modern look of UNSW FBE buildng lol
she aid it was TAFE before?!?!? is that true?
Yes, both UNSW and UTS started off as subsets of the Sydney Technical College which is now part of the TAFE system.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha, wow... this thread's still going. congrats to new architecture kids ;) you've made a good choice. ahhhhhh, there's good and bad points about each uni when it comes to arch, its too hard to judge... but read all the arguments in this thread, lol... it may help.

:wave:

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
hey aint the architecture building away from the main tall building? like its in the DAB building 4...where u go up the stairs to get into a cafe? If its the main tall ugly buildin...i'M TRANSFERING!!!! or might accept a late round.

EDIT: nope its in the good building...purple says!

Last edited:

danni a

HSC
i think this articles talkin bout how uts is changin parts of its course in comparison to other unis :confused: such a change could be good/bad

hopefully i made the rite choice of unis btween unsw n uts

connected

HSC
lol... I got offers for some uni subjects at UWS (only put them down because I could get into them) but now I'm doing a Diploma of Design at INSEARCH (UTS) with the hopes of transferring to B Arts/Design (whatever the fuck they call it these days) in Architecture at UTS next year.

I went yesterday to finalise some application stuff and realised I was the only non-Asian in the entire building. I'm not being racist, and I know that 90% of INSEARCH students are from overseas, but when I heard these students talking over the counter to INSEARCH rep's, the rep's had NO idea what the students were saying. I'm kinda regretting it now. :\ Oh well... it's only one more year.

Xomul

New? ha!
HSC
Guess i shouldn't say much cos i turned out not studying in Australia as i intended to, but I am doing Architecture in HKU. Its a fine subject, as long as you have the passion for it. it is really REALLY time-consuming, and job prospect wise(at least in HK) you don't get paid for the amount of training or work you've done, its not proportional. So yeah, you won't be designing the next Fallingwater or Farnsworth House, or even the Federal Square, but you'll be having fun( i hope) if you like the whole idea of designing better living environments

zstar

HSC
N/A
Speaking of Architecture doesn't usyd remind you of hogwarts?

You could shoot a Harry potter movie in that place.

Last edited:

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
i haven't posted in a while for arch..SPAM and POST...still wondering how its like..met some cool ppl during oday 2day so seems interesting...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
That tafe diploma certainly earns you credit, it usually means you can skip first year.

I used to do Architecture, does that count? :p

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
about the skipping..i really dun think you can skip a year, just certain courses, notably communications. and there are MANY jobs for architecture, most over 80k...but architects don't think that is much, as they got all these qualifications and expect over 200k which easily possible, depending on the projects you do. We have arcitects coming to give lectures, and they get $200ph. Again, i dun think thats too much to them.

If you enter a global competition and win, thats a garanteed million dollar for you.
I've met a few ppl that are working in firms, and apparantly their bosses usually get at LEAST 3 big projects a week. i mean big by over 8000, but also even in the industry after uni, the workload is crazy. If you are the boss, dun expect to have "family" time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)