momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
time to kick this thread back up again :D

UNSW Arch. Who else?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha, oh god. IT LIVES...

prepare to be whisked away into a new reality mainly comprising of minimal sleep, caffeine, cigarettes, drinking problems... plus lots and lots of fun!

:uhhuh:

angmor

HSC
Purp|e said:
haha, oh god. IT LIVES...

prepare to be whisked away into a new reality mainly comprising of minimal sleep, caffeine, cigarettes, drinking problems... plus lots and lots of fun!

:uhhuh:
i dont see how 'minimal sleep' and 'fun' can be in the same sentence :D haha. whats first year arch like? lots of prac or theory?

xxPanDa

HSC
angmor said:
i dont see how 'minimal sleep' and 'fun' can be in the same sentence :D haha. whats first year arch like? lots of prac or theory?
woah dude i know some one who did the exact transfer as u did last year
except he finished his medsc degree, than came to unsw archi
we in 2nd year now at unsw =D

just wonderting why you chose unsw over usyd?

first year was hectic... i spent the most allnighters of my life.
i think my record time trying to stay awake was 46hrs. but i had short naps on the buss etc.
hist was a bithc for me, i hate all that theory
the rest is pretty much practical

PM me, or post more here later in the year, your gona be bitchin about architecture. or needing some help

btw i saw ur deviantart works THEY're AMAZING!

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
xxPanDa said:

i think my record time trying to stay awake was 46hrs. but i had short naps on the buss etc.

PM me, or post more here later in the year, your gona be bitchin about architecture. or needing some help

LOL i didn't sleep for 3 days last year. I was so proud when i finished my major design project like 3 days earlier, then when i saw my frens' ones i'm like F**K and improved on it, and every time i saw someone else's, i edited mine to make it better and better, at the end i arrived late to my presentation. Such irony of finishing a project 'earlier'

kenny.

HSC
williamycai said:
LOL i didn't sleep for 3 days last year. I was so proud when i finished my major design project like 3 days earlier, then when i saw my frens' ones i'm like F**K and improved on it, and every time i saw someone else's, i edited mine to make it better and better, at the end i arrived late to my presentation. Such irony of finishing a project 'earlier'
Was it a model?? if so do you have any pics?? :)

angmor

HSC
xxPanDa said:

heh well i actually wanted to go to usyd but i put unsw as first choice by accident...i even sent a portfolio to usyd and i wouldve got in if i wasnt so careless as to put the preferences in the wrong ordere :(
but it doesnt matter both unis are excellent for architecture and im looking forward to it...
what kind of theory? like historical stuff?
heh and thanks for checking out my art :)

xxPanDa

HSC
well we have this subject called "history and theory"
theres liek history and theory 1, 2, 3... and it goes up to 5
good god they changed the program now, it only goes to 3

back in the olden days, crazy architects would come up wiht some "theory"
like some rules that would make a building "aesthetic", and than there were certain "trends" that acured.
like ratios u used for doors, the modular... ARGHH
piss me off talking about it, i thought it was ridiculous, and i had to do assignments on it.

bahh... its probably cause my essasy writing is shit, thats why i hated it
you might love it = ///

xxPanDa

HSC
williamycai said:
ahah u went to uts right? i remeber u, wen were choosing unis

one of my tutors told me
"youve joined the architecture perfection once u gone 3 days with out sleep!"
and my friend was liek imi gona try that!

we asked another lecturer wen he was going to complete his house
he replied "like all good architects.... NEVER"

ahahah i find it so true, i just cant help re-editing my projects until the last min. stayin up so dam late.

pursuit for perfection
ahaha

angmor

HSC
ah yes all architects are perfectionists :p

xxPanDa

HSC
angmor said:
ah yes all architects are perfectionists :p
still awake eh?

how about tryin not to sleep tonight and stay awake for the next day^^
it will prepare u for the worse :p

ive grown bad habbits now all those allnighters, ive lost count how many
i just cant sleep early, i stay up late for no reason

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
LOL, i got told off by BOTH my frens in uni for lol'n at perfectionists. i was like man if an pefectionist does architecture, i bet he won't be able to ever finish it. They they both went at the same time "i'm a bit of a perfectionist."
MMMMhhmmm i feel generous. I usually put my work up in my blog as backup, history communications, the whole lot, whenever i remember xP. So feel free to have a look if you guys want. its williamycai.spaces.live.com , I think. just the msn space. I think i've set it to public...

http://williamycai.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!6643C4F02D609040!270.entry ----> tats the design one i stayed up for. my presentation layout wasn't even good. I am going to upload my communications for last sem right now, hopefully.

Last edited:

kenny.

HSC
Yeh those are pretty awesome! and you're only...2nd year?

I started at Melbourne this year, but they've changed the course (look in my sig for the course im doing) where we only start our major in the 2nd sem of 2nd year.
We still hav subjects where we do drawing/modelling/cad and construction stuff in the 1st year but it's pretty general and not architecture specific.

I seriously don't see myself being able to do those sort of things (in will's space) in 1 or 2 years time. Hopefully you had the same thoughts when you started your 1st year :p

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
I use Rhino. iits bascially just a 3d program with no structural means. and i did those for first year. 2nd year atm is FUCKING INTENSE. 4 weeks in and haven't slept for 2 days oredi. ARRR. but the work is even more insane. non stop building models and extreme critism from tutors. And whats even shitter, 2 of my team members never do jack shit, so me and my other team member have to work even harder than most ppl. I don't even have time to develope a proper relationship with my new gf. Work > Life atm.

nr790

HSC
im thinking of going to melbourne to do Arch, is the cource any good

kenny.

HSC
nr790 said:
im thinking of going to melbourne to do Arch, is the cource any good
You have to do it through the new bachelor of environments, major in architecture and then do the masters (which is what im doing).
First year, so far, is very verrry broad in terms of what we're learning. Not everything is directly linked to architecture since you can also major in other disciplines in the course.
I'm only 3 weeks into the course though and that's all I know for now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)