Anyone not finished yet? (1 Viewer)

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes! I'm still writing! We have about 4 weeks until it's due but I'm about 75% done.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i'd say the majority of my class isn't even close to finishing yet. four weeks is still a fair amount of time. i have a bit of fixing up to do but other than that i just have to prepare my reflection statement.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
finished? there are levels of finished. I've finished a number of drafts. I've finished a reflection statement. It's not complete though. It'd be foolish to decide to be absolutly finished at this stage.

bonniejjj

HSC
I'm still about 180 words under 6,000, although I have written a draft of my reflection statement. In my defence, however, I wrote my story in a week (the last week of last term) because I was concerned that my computer animated film that I had been working on all year wouldn't be finished in time (only had about 3 1/2 minutes completed.) Currently trying to meaningfully fill in those extra words...

Pointy Ears

HSC
*raises hand*
I'm not finished either.
I can't continue it as I'm in the middle of the CSSA trials.
Sooo, that means that i have around a week to finish my script as well as a reflection statement.

I think i may have F*%$#@ myself up :(

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't continue it as I'm in the middle of the CSSA trials.
I'm working on it in between my trials...have to - cos I got my Visual Arts major work due at the same time too.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
My actual major just needs some fine tuning here and there and some of my poems need some add-ons because bits and pieces are apparently not clear clean enough. Reflection is done but pretty sucky, so i'll prolly rewrite that. Fun for all...

steffo

steph
HSC
close to finished. drafted reflection statement, finished writing, but i have to record my performance poetry MW, so currently recording. it is very time consuming and i have trials coming up SO soon.
it's only relaly 3 weeks now so it's all a bit freaky.
i'll be right though!! reflection statement is a pain in the arse though.

scoby_2000

HSC
ive finished my work (i think)

but i havnt even started my reflection statement

im still a bit hazy as to what to put in....

how long after AUG 22nd do u do the viva?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I reckon you should have done the VIVA by now, you are the first I've heard of that hasn't. It seems odd to be doing a VIVA after you've handed in the MW.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
We do our viva on the 17th, 2 days after my Extension English and Extension History exams...blame it on the shit school.

gorgo31

HSC
c_james said:
We do our viva on the 17th, 2 days after my Extension English and Extension History exams...blame it on the shit school.
Actually, I quite like the idea of that. I think it makes way more sense to hand in the Report as the second task to show how your investigation is going and how it has / will continue to impact on your work, and then have the Viva as a "wrap" assessment task.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i think it's a stupid idea, the report is meant to almost double as an RS, and if you write it too early and you change your idea later, it's a complete waste of time writing the report then.

gorgo31

HSC
tez0r said:
i think it's a stupid idea, the report is meant to almost double as an RS, and if you write it too early and you change your idea later, it's a complete waste of time writing the report then.
The Report at my school was simply "Outline the impact independent investigation has had on the development of your major work." While independent investigation is part of the reflection statement, I don't think you could just rely on your report; it requires a lot more depth, self reflection and criticism, detailed analysis of concepts / meaning / purpose etc.

I get what you're saying about changing the idea making it useless, but I think having a Viva late could "clarify" the entire major work / process in your mind for the RS quite effectively.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
if you look at showcase reflections, the whole thing is pretty much independent research, the dot points basically all specify independent investigation aside from the "your intent" and "your audience" points

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Luckily for us, our journal is our Report...

Last edited:

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I one more scene to film and then I'm finished. RS is 80% done. I'm stressing though, cos I haven't started editing and I don't really know how to.

Anybody here extremely skilled in Adobe Premier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)