• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone not finished yet? (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Hahaha, yeah...

I had to write the whole damn thing on the false pretense that I had already written it. :rolleyes:

But, really, I am thankful that the school set the task... because it means 1500 words more-or-less finished.

What I'm most worried about is my journal and the validation of my work. I have this deep-seated fear that my teacher and the school won't vouch for my work, and I may not get the marks for it.

Also, my Reflection Statement came back with "17 - 18 / 20" on it, with the "18" circled. But, on a post-it note afterwards, it says 17. I'm gonna have to make sure the school gave me 18 for that, because they bloody well circled it!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yay! More people stuck on the desperate last minute loop! ...1000 words to go and I'll be finished, so close yet so far *tear*
Goodluck Lhyvaithan and minushuman.:)

nedzelic

HSC
A little help

Hey, does anyone know how many studenst do the HSC each year? And how many do ext eng 2? Cos i need to quote it in my video
Hey, what do you think of this - my video is the making of an HSC video
Like the idea?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nedzelic said:
Hey, does anyone know how many studenst do the HSC each year? And how many do ext eng 2? Cos i need to quote it in my video
Hey, what do you think of this - my video is the making of an HSC video
Like the idea?
between 60 and 70 thousand sit the HSC each year with between 2 and 3 thousand doing ee2.:) Its hard to tell the exact number because it changes a bit each year.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
I have 1000 words to go too! Man this project has sucked big time... I am so glad to finally wash my hands of it :D
By the way, the reflection statement, like the entire HSC English syllabus, is a wank. Good luck people ;)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
This is fucking gay. It's gonna be a very long night, and a very boring day of sitting in front of the pc writing tomorrow.

I got 2500words to go + editing + RS + journal.

It'll get done, but it's obviously not going to be of the same quality as someone who's poured a decent amount of effort into there work, and nor should it be.

Meh just need mediocre marks in maths and english ext 4 to knock what will be an abysmal mark in physics off my uai.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
You guys are legends. I really respect crazy mo-fo's who leave it to the very last minute. I hope you fellows ace it, that would be hilarious!

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
fleepbasding said:
You guys are legends. I really respect crazy mo-fo's who leave it to the very last minute. I hope you fellows ace it, that would be hilarious!
Yes, that would be most amusing. It'd essentially render the board's stipulations for "rigorous, extensive and systematic" research null and void :p

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Yep, but the sad part is your totally unable to stick it to them and write in your reflection statement that all the research and planning was done no less then 48hours prior to the due date. Gotta bullshit and play there little syllabus game whereby the work your presenting them with is unquestionably the direct result of months of vigorous ongoing research and investigation.

Serioulsy if had of given myself another day then i'd be optimistic about my results, but as it stands it doesn't look like i'll get to edit/revise it in its entirety more then once. Anyway those who put there hearts into this and infintely more time then i did deserve the better score :)

Kon

i guess we deserve it...right?

all you people out there who haven't finished ....i feel for you....

i haven't started my reflection statement, nor finished rewritting about 5 pages of my MW....

though....at the moment, my teacher is extremely supporting...it just pains me to dissappoint her...really...i only have about 27 hrs before its due...

good luck to all of you out there...hopefully we'll do okay....

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
im glad to see that im not the only one that hasn't finished their shit.

ive got to go do my RS, perform my speech and make up a journal

if i get some sleep tonite ill be a happy man

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Eep... my missus perused this thread and PM'ed me on another forum:

hoping you're getting solid work done on ExtII INSTEAD OF POSTING ON BOREDOFSTUDIES ABOUT NOT GETTING WORK DONE! Yes, I've been stalking you
Easy for HER to say... she's a freak who got 49.5 for her internal assessment mark. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Reflection statement to go, then i'm done. And its not half bad for the time i've spent. I've red pen editted the MW and once i get that bit typed up i'll post it here.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
About 25 hrs to go and still got to finish my MW and transform my crappy Report (internal assessment) into a brilliant Reflection Statement!

Pointy Ears

HSC
Icic. Yours is due in tomorow then aye?
Thats not fair.
Though ideally, u should be finished, u should still get that extra day.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
What's this about an extra day?? I was actually told it had to be in monday, but the BOS site said tuesday, so i dogged school and am still finishing off my major work.

Arrgh, the reflection statement is a pain in the ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)