• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone not finished yet? (1 Viewer)

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
we haven't done our vivas yet, and because it's been left so late, our teacher is making our report our reflection statement (ie our RSs are being assessed internally and externally). i'm not happy though because that means our teacher can't help us with our reflection statements, because she has to assess them.

gorgo31

HSC
waterbottle said:
we haven't done our vivas yet, and because it's been left so late, our teacher is making our report our reflection statement (ie our RSs are being assessed internally and externally). i'm not happy though because that means our teacher can't help us with our reflection statements, because she has to assess them.
Ouch. I guess there's no chance she'll have the RS marked / back before it's due in externally, then? Try applying for misadventure with BOS or something, dunno what good it would do but might be worth a try?

know_it_all

ive gota write my rs
n completely revamp my major...soo much to do
n only the lil time afta trials finish...

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I haven't started my RS, but it shouldn't be too hard as it'll be only minor modifications to my Report.

I've written 4800 words of my Major Work as of now. I'll probably get to 7500 or so, but I have to hurry. I won't have very much time to rework much of it..

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I just opened up and did a quick word count, 2136 :) I got a bit of work still to go on my short story, it sucks that i have trials for the next two weeks to. Basically I have to write it and my reflection statement the weekend before its due. Still should be pretty rocking though.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
gorgo31 said:
The Report at my school was simply "Outline the impact independent investigation has had on the development of your major work." While independent investigation is part of the reflection statement, I don't think you could just rely on your report; it requires a lot more depth, self reflection and criticism, detailed analysis of concepts / meaning / purpose etc.

I get what you're saying about changing the idea making it useless, but I think having a Viva late could "clarify" the entire major work / process in your mind for the RS quite effectively.
yep that's what we got. 20% of our mark in 500 words. ://

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
errr...crestwood, wrong forum, this is ext 2 major works "are you finished yet"

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I've basically finished, having said that i'm not totally happy with my work. I'm beginning to feel like I havn't paid my work enough atention and stressed enough over it. It all seems too simple. I just wrote it and edited it and took into account teachers comments....waaay to simple. I feel bad for not putting more work into it. It would probably be alot better then.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i feel exactly the same - i don't feel like i've slaved over it as much as other people seem to, and that worries me.

adambra

HSC
6k with a lot of editing and reworking to do. Haven't done RS or any of my diary in like 4months. Fucked.

OutOfOrder

HSC
i've finished my actual major work, gotten it marked by a some people/teachers a couple times, i had to change a bit so now it's at 8500, so i have to cut down, but that shouldn't be too hard i hope.
Haven't started my reflection statement, and i only have drafts (alot) and like a couple paragraphs of writing in my journal.
It's all due in 3 days after my trials finish...

scoby_2000

HSC
OutOfOrder said:
i've finished my actual major work, gotten it marked by a some people/teachers a couple times, i had to change a bit so now it's at 8500, so i have to cut down, but that shouldn't be too hard i hope.
Haven't started my reflection statement, and i only have drafts (alot) and like a couple paragraphs of writing in my journal.
It's all due in 3 days after my trials finish...

holy shit balls!!! 8500?

im not doing a story but isnt the word limit 6000? :O

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
No, it's 6000-8000 words :p

I just finished faking the past 3 months worth of journal entries, yew! :D

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Mine's due 2 days after my trials. Luckily, I've finished my major and my reflection statement but they are both in need of some minor tweaking here and there. Good luck to you all, looking forward to seeing you in showcase.

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
I just realized yesterday that mine is due in 10 day. Shocker...gonna need to work like crazy. Should I be concerned that only ONE teacher has seen and commented on my work?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i havent yeat finished recording me speech, havent considered the RS and the journals is a sham.

and yeah, im stressin'

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I've got about 1500 words left to write, then I need to get people to give me criticism so I can edit it, and then write my RS (which will be basically my report, with minor changes, eek)

robo3687

Tired
HSC
i'm struggling to understand why some people have to fake 3 months of entries, or haven't even finsihed a draft as of this time.....its crazy

its not that hard to keep a journal up to date i've got 100+ entries in mine.....

that being said...i only have a few more journal entries to write (for the past few days) and then i'm done....huzzah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)