Anyone else having trouble studying for the PDHPE CSSA trials? (1 Viewer)

kara42

HSC
I can not study, there's just too much to do and it's so overwhelming.
I've been trying every day for weeks now and it just hasn't happened.
And now it's the day before the exam and I'm really freaking.

Anyone else like me?

funk1234

HSC
yeah its the same for me.
don't sweat you will be fine

Anon4Real

HSC
Yeah it is very very hard to study. But yeah don't fret. It won't be that hard

kara42

HSC
I think that the PDHPE syllabus is completely ridiculous. It is too big and there's too much to learn. I don't think it's physically possible to learn and remember all of THIS bullshit, let alone all of this AND four other subjects - and in many cases, more subjects.

I know that the syllabus has been cut down for next year, and I'm happy for all those completing the course next year, but it's ridiculous and I'm sick of it.

ezy_4_u

HSC
perhaps studying 8 weeks before the exam may have assisted u instead of leaving it to the last minute.
u think ppl who study a few days before get band 6s? ur kidding urself mate. every1 has the same sylabus deal with it

Hippie Child

HSC
i think of the best things my pd teacher has done for us (and can be applied to all other subjects) was printing off blank copies of the syllabus for us to fill out. it depends on your learning style, but copying it out has worked for me. i can write out the core one syllabus without even thinking now. he put them in bundles of core one, option three etc and made it we had to hand in 10 compleated syllabus chapters each week. it was hell to do, but very worth it.

to make blank syllabuses to do this you just keep the title then keep the first letter of each point, so you can fill in the rest for example:

Priority areas for action
-C VD
-C ancer
-I njury
-M ental health
-D iabetes
-A sthma

kara42

HSC
That's a good idea.

We have lots of little acronyms and songs to remember things like that. It's a very effective study technique, we'll never ever forget those particular things haha.

fleck21

HSC
perhaps studying 8 weeks before the exam may have assisted u instead of leaving it to the last minute.
u think ppl who study a few days before get band 6s? ur kidding urself mate. every1 has the same sylabus deal with it
Cant u read mate? she sed shes been trying for weeks but hasnt been working... have some sympathy on this thing, dont just get on to cut people down.

sam5

HSC
i think of the best things my pd teacher has done for us (and can be applied to all other subjects) was printing off blank copies of the syllabus for us to fill out. it depends on your learning style, but copying it out has worked for me. i can write out the core one syllabus without even thinking now. he put them in bundles of core one, option three etc and made it we had to hand in 10 compleated syllabus chapters each week. it was hell to do, but very worth it.

to make blank syllabuses to do this you just keep the title then keep the first letter of each point, so you can fill in the rest for example:

Priority areas for action
-C VD
-C ancer
-I njury
-M ental health
-D iabetes
-A sthma

smart person

thats exactly what i do - ive learned the entire syllabus dot point by dot point, and now all i have to do is go in and fill in the blanks with info. But thats the easy bit, because a lot of pe is obvious stuff u cant pull out ur ass in an exam.

But then again, it wasnt my stupid bitch of a teacher that thought that would be a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)