anyone do Japanese ? (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
You've only started Prelim Japanese!!! You won't get to the complicated grammar till later on in the end of the year. You need to get the basics right or you will never be able to complete the HSC :p

It gets better!

mioumiou

HSC
You've only started Prelim Japanese!!! You won't get to the complicated grammar till later on in the end of the year. You need to get the basics right or you will never be able to complete the HSC :p

It gets better!
Thanks for another helpful advice!! :)
btw, did you dropped Japanese Extension? I can't see it in your sig. But good luck with your studies and everything!! :)

mangadrawer

HSC
For me, the Wakatta Workbooks were useless, besides the need to use them for listening exercises (which I just looked over to a friend's book whenever we did them). I didn't buy the workbook but if I did, I probably would've also used them for the reading comprehensions.

Wakatta is good in that it gives a pretty good explanation of grammatical structures, and provides a list of vocabulary to learn with the chapter's theme. It contains all the grammar you really need for Continuers, but if you want to learn more, I suggest you get a grammar dictionary.
I have 'A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar' which contains all HSC Grammar and alot more. It has clear explanations of grammar, providing sample sentences, notes explaining when and when not to used them, special rules etc. They are around $60 but if you're willing to fork out the money, it is a good investment for learning Japanese during (and beyond) school.

For textbooks, grammar and vocab are roughly going to be the same. The only thing different would be the reading passages and the listening exercises.

EdDii

HSC
for anime, if you are confident on understanding that, u can download the raw version(without sub), i think this helps a bit. If u watch the one with the sub, u will like always look at the sub and cant really listen to wat they say.
AND, dont learn the rude word from the anime, no use for the exam

mioumiou

HSC
for anime, if you are confident on understanding that, u can download the raw version(without sub), i think this helps a bit. If u watch the one with the sub, u will like always look at the sub and cant really listen to wat they say.
AND, dont learn the rude word from the anime, no use for the exam
:lol: :uhhuh: Good point!!

kooltrainer

HSC
drop japanese and do some real subjects..
like physics or chemistry ..
im just saying..

NewiJapper

HSC
kooltrainer said:
drop japanese and do some real subjects..
like physics or chemistry ..
im just saying..
I do chemistry and Japanese and I find they are just as hard as each other. I would really like to hear how you think having a syllabus of over 1,000 words is easier than some syllabus points.

mioumiou said:
btw, did you dropped Japanese Extension? I can't see it in your sig. But good luck with your studies and everything!!
Well I didn't drop it because I couldn't do it, our school timetable couldn't do run it in 2010 otherwise it would have been one lesson a fortnight and I didn't feel like doing a subject mostly by correspondance with all my otheres :p

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing Continuers (but sadly through OHS), if I had a class, my textbook would of been Mirai. When I did elective Japanese, I used the Hai! series and it was really good.

Eg155

HSC
I'm doing Continuers (but sadly through OHS), if I had a class, my textbook would of been Mirai. When I did elective Japanese, I used the Hai! series and it was really good.
do you like doing continuers through OHS? Is it really hard to learn 'on your own'?? I can't decide whether to do it or not since my new school doesn't have enough numbers to run the class... :'(

the other thing is I'd have to cut either Modern history or Physics... btw my aim is medicine...
Any advice any continuers have would be helpful, thankyou! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)